• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New titles. One of which I find quite offensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo released a new title batch today. One of these title is "TheRapist". I find this quite immature and offensive.
1U9vL

I also find this title offensive and unfunny. If I were to have the phrase "rapist" on any other online name it would be considered offensive. Such as a XBL gamertag or PSN tag. This kinda makes me look down on the nature and "humor" of this server...

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
ugh, it's supposed to be a reference to arrested development I'm pretty sure. Nobody complained then, so why complain now. I can see why some people would be offended, but at the same time, I think peeps need to relax a little and get jokes.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
ugh, it's supposed to be a reference to arrested development I'm pretty sure. Nobody complained then, so why complain now. I can see why some people would be offended, but at the same time, I think peeps need to relax a little and get jokes.

The point is, it isn't a funny joke. Although many people may use the term among friends, on such a big server like Herocraft, you can't track or know what has happened in everyones lives. Rape leaves very terrible and shattering memories in a person, and even just the mention of it jogs those memories. I'm probably over reacting, but it is something that I feel should mentioned. The title isn't even that funny...

MegaRain95

Stone
I still think it's offensive. Imagine, what if you got a title saying "Reincarnated Hitler"? That's just messed up.

I can understand instances where it can be a joke and even be funny. But a fairly large server with are moderately young player base it isn't very appropriate. And also the fact that you are paying money to gain a title that is extremely offensive is downright wrong.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
First of all...

Secondly, so much of the LANGUAGE in 'o-chat' is very offensive to some people, but we're told to just /ignore player. That sets a precedence of what is and isn't allowed to be freely used in chat.

Is it distasteful? Sure. Do I find it offensive? No. Am I trying to directly bring back memories of rape to anyone here who was raped in the past? Of course not.

Will I be purchasing this title now that I know so many people are offended by it? Duh.

Herocraft is a server where you're (almost completely free) to use most words in the English dictionary. I find it hard to believe people would freak out if there was a title named "The Killer"... and really, in the end, aren't killers and rapists pretty much on the same scale of being bad?

Want to talk about real problems? Let's talk about how there's no longer music playing on MTV. Now THAT is offensive.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Killers don't leave victims alive to have their memory jogged while a rapist leaves terriable memories and it being mentioned could even make someone commit sucicide and I don't think u or the server would want that on their hands so I personally find the title quite offensive
First of all...

Secondly, so much of the LANGUAGE in 'o-chat' is very offensive to some people, but we're told to just /ignore player. That sets a precedence of what is and isn't allowed to be freely used in chat.

Is it distasteful? Sure. Do I find it offensive? No. Am I trying to directly bring back memories of rape to anyone here who was raped in the past? Of course not.

Will I be purchasing this title now that I know so many people are offended by it? Duh.

Herocraft is a server where you're (almost completely free) to use most words in the English dictionary. I find it hard to believe people would freak out if there was a title named "The Killer"... and really, in the end, aren't killers and rapists pretty much on the same scale of being bad?

Want to talk about real problems? Let's talk about how there's no longer music playing on MTV. Now THAT is offensive.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
STDs4YouAnd4Me I_Love_Miners

The issue is its being SOLD by the SERVER. Kainzo is selling the title "TheRapist" because its funny. Rape is serious and its even worse that its being promoted by the server. The title should be removed.

IceManStan

Coal
As you all may know, i was banned for yelling at Kainzo about this... I feel as though it is very inappropriate to joke about things that are so serious and horrible like rape. Its honestly so immature and not even funny at all. Honestly just grow up or don't talk at all. Having someone pay to be called a rapist is stupid and has no point. The worst part is that Kainzo tried to cover it up instead of just apologizing. I know everybody makes mistakes sometimes, but I honestly thought he was above things like this.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
First of all...
I find it hard to believe people would freak out if there was a title named "The Killer"... and really, in the end, aren't killers and rapists pretty much on the same scale of being bad?
The thing is Herocraft is a pvp server where essentially you can kill each other, but you don't go around raping each other do you?

IceManStan

Coal
First of all...
Regardless of what you are intending to do, you are still potentially offending victims or others effected by rape.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Killers don't leave victims alive to have their memory jogged while a rapist leaves terriable memories and it being mentioned could even make someone commit sucicide so I personally find the title quite offensive

Want to nitpick? The following are Prefixes currently available that may offend people.

Martyr - Do you know someone personally who died on 9/11? Seeing this word might bring back memories, and you may want to commit suicide just from the memory.

Rejected - Did some girl just reject you when you invited her to the local sock-hop this weekend? You might be so crushed from it that just seeing this word would want you to commit suicide.

Maniac - ADHD? Taking pills of any kind because you're diagnosed with some sort of psychological disorder? I'm sure you've been picked on at school and called a maniac. Just seeing this word might drive you over the edge and you may want to commit suicide.

Midgit - Maybe you were born with a growth disorder. If so, you know this word all too well. Seeing it just might drive you to commit suicide.

Dead - Someone you loved recently die? Don't think you can go on without them? You know the drill.

Fruit - Are you a homosexual? Have you been called a fruit in the past? You're so sick of it all and now that you see this word you may want to commit suicide.

Addicted - Addicted to drugs or alcohol? Do you know somebody close who is ruining their life with an addiction? Is it affecting your life indirectly? You might want to commit suicide now.

*Drops the mic. Seacrest out.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
90% of this server offends me on a regular basis. the amount of homophobia and racism in online games is too damn high. I wouldnt object to 'therapist' being removed but i think people are blowing it out of proportion a little

Keffalump

Soulsand
Want to nitpick? The following are Prefixes currently available that may offend people.

Martyr - Do you know someone personally who died on 9/11? Seeing this word might bring back memories, and you may want to commit suicide just from the memory.

Rejected - Did some girl just reject you when you invited her to the local sock-hop this weekend? You might be so crushed from it that just seeing this word would want you to commit suicide.

Maniac - ADHD? Taking pills of any kind because you're diagnosed with some sort of psychological disorder? I'm sure you've been picked on at school and called a maniac. Just seeing this word might drive you over the edge and you may want to commit suicide.

Midgit - Maybe you were born with a growth disorder. If so, you know this word all too well. Seeing it just might drive you to commit suicide.

Dead - Someone you loved recently die? Don't think you can go on without them? You know the drill.

Fruit - Are you a homosexual? Have you been called a fruit in the past? You're so sick of it all and now that you see this word you may want to commit suicide.

Addicted - Addicted to drugs or alcohol? Do you know somebody close who is ruining their life with an addiction? Is it affecting your life indirectly? You might want to commit suicide now.

Stop, your jokes are bad and you should feel bad. Step back for a moment and think about your life. Now you were raped as a child. You can now no longer play your favorite game because some assholes decided to make cruel jokes, reminding you that you were raped. Think about your life kid.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Stop, your jokes are bad and you should feel bad. Step back for a moment and think about your life. Now you were raped as a child. You can now no longer play your favorite game because some assholes decided to make cruel jokes, reminding you that you were raped. Think about your life kid.

You're reading too much into this.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7

Rape an actual trigger word. the other titles you listed can be connected to the things you said but I dont think anyone thinks of those things when they see the title.

The title is "theRapist" its directly related to rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.