• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New titles. One of which I find quite offensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northac

Obsidian
Thank you Kainzo for the clarification on the subject. May I suggest locking this thread then to prevent further argument of a topic which you have pretty much ended here.
And if anyone else wants to continue their discussion, please do it via private messages and not in the open general forums.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
If you are looking to be offended, get off the internet.

The title was originally implemented as [TheRapist] - almost 3 months ago. I didn't give it a second glance because it was quickly added into the title:data. I still giggle when I think about Tobias from Arrested Development claiming to be an "Analrapist" (Analyst + Therapist).

It has since been changed to [Therapist] now that I have had time to properly implement it.

The person who was "up in arms about this" told me it was offensive because 'rape' is bad... and then when I disagreed, he proceeded to tell me to suck his "d" .... so yah. Double-standards are fun!
The person that told you to suck his d was an ignorant troll. I still have an issue with the title, but it's your server. You can make it how you want to make it. I Personaly will not buy this title. I hope they people that do buy it understand it. That's my opinion.
Kainzo please lock this thread nothing will come out of it.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
yes, but you dont speak for other people. thats the problem
Stop making this argument personal. Your statement is saying that the world revolves around me because the problem is about me. Every thing in whatever you are trying to say in this thread is wrong.

ninjabizkit

Legacy Supporter 3
Looks like the title is here to stay so.....

wyRUV.gif

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Y
Your loss in the end so it doesn't bother me
Well, if you want to get into it that's exactly why it should bother you...

While I'm disappointed that something like rape-as-comedy would fall through into "official content" I'm not surprised. It's just kind of typical of gamer culture. It's kind of a conundrum- HC is a good server. Lots of people have attested to the maturity of it's players... But then the cracks show up. And hey, it's inevitable considering the environment (the crossroads of PvP and Massive Following, The Internet), but it's still disillusioning.

So all in all, a shake of the head and a rather vague sense of resignation.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
You shouldn't be making fun of a serious matter,never the less I would try to help you, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't listen, but I will post a bible thread to help u and others learn the truth and hopefully ill see u in heavan
This isn't the place to spread your religion.

STDs4YouAnd4Me I_Love_Miners I assume you are both atheists please respect other people's beliefs. This thread isn't about religion so please stop arguing about it. (I'm also an atheist. You guys are making us look bad)

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
then we should all respect the beliefs of those who don't find the term 'therapist' offensive. I do not find rape funny. but we're not talking about rape, we're talking about video games

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you are looking to be offended, get off the internet.

The title was originally implemented as [TheRapist] - almost 3 months ago. I didn't give it a second glance because it was quickly added into the title:data. I still giggle when I think about Tobias from Arrested Development claiming to be an "Analrapist" (Analyst + Therapist).

It has since been changed to [Therapist] now that I have had time to properly implement it.

The person who was "up in arms about this" told me it was offensive because 'rape' is bad... and then when I disagreed, he proceeded to tell me to suck his "d" .... so yah. Double-standards are fun!

Quoting this for the "locked" thread. I read all of the posts (even though some were very painful to read)

Status
Not open for further replies.