• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New titles. One of which I find quite offensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
90% of this server offends me on a regular basis. the amount of homophobia and racism in online games is too damn high. I wouldnt object to 'therapist' being removed but i think people are blowing it out of proportion a little
The users can do what they want and get punished for it. the problem is is the server is doing it. Rape isnt a joke its an extremely sensitive topic.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
And you are being an insensitive bastard
What if I was a bastard? What if you just offended me and reminded me that my parents weren't married when they conceived me and I was a mistake?

If I've learned one thing here today, it is that everyone's favourite stand-up comedian is Jerry Seinfeld and not Louie C.K

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
STDs, why is it such a big deal that this title stays in game. I assume you bought it, and I am almost certain your would be refunded if it were to be removed. The title may be fun to you, but to many others it is not, is there title being removed really such a big deal?

MegaRain95

Stone
Alright here's my point from what I've gathered. Many titles are disturbing to certain people. However, I believe that "the Rapist" kinda goes against a major crowd, to the ones who have. And for the people who haven't, it strikes some fear into them, being scared of the cursed "act".

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Kainzo (I just want your thought on this.)

STDs4YouAnd4Me I know someone on this server who has been raped. I am very sure that the title would remind him/her of what had happened. Most of the people in this thread strongly disagree with you and I think this argument should be over and settled.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly If u want to bring other offensive titles in to this then u misewell say the whole world is offensive because that's why the world is so messed up and people do these things if everyone was nice and no one did any of this offensive stuff then crime and suicide would decrease but Im just pointing out that therapist isn't just a label but a thing people experience therefore I was talking about this specific title we'll deal with the rest of the world later

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
louis ck makes jokes about rape.

someone said earlier that as a past victim of rape, the title therapist did not offend them. i think people need not worry about what might offend others, but what offends themselves.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!

someone said earlier that as a past victim of rape, the title therapist did not offend them. i think people need not worry about what might offend others, but what offends themselves.
Good people care about what others think over themselves.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5

I'm a very strong Christian and I may only be 13 but I am very serious about my religion therefore all the cussing and perverse language on this server offends me

Northac

Obsidian
So I've read through this entire thread and its starting to devolve into a name calling party.
I have a suggestion that i hope will help settle this. But first a couple points

To those for: Yes it is just a title, but it can also serously offened someone and cause more greif than intended. So please wait a second and think "why are they offended?" instead of just saying "grow a pair"

To those against: It is just a title, as intended it is taken out of context and used like most words in online gaming, like saying that some beat down someone else in pvp, it shows the prowess of that player (theoretically speaking). And was not ment to be offensive.

My suggestion is this: to prevent anymore arguments and name calling, Kainzo would you agree to haveing a poll to either keep the title or change it? have it set to where we can all vote but only you can post, to prevent more arguments caused by this.

Im just trying to help and bring some peace to our forums
~ NORTHAC

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you are looking to be offended, get off the internet.

The title was originally implemented as [TheRapist] - almost 3 months ago. I didn't give it a second glance because it was quickly added into the title:data. I still giggle when I think about Tobias from Arrested Development claiming to be an "Analrapist" (Analyst + Therapist).

It has since been changed to [Therapist] now that I have had time to properly implement it.

The person who was "up in arms about this" told me it was offensive because 'rape' is bad... and then when I disagreed, he proceeded to tell me to suck his "d" .... so yah. Double-standards are fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.