• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New skills for balance

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
The reason why many players are saying cleric dishes out a lot of damage is because they have a lot of sustain. High armor, large heals, and two invulns give clerics the opportunity to deal a good amount of damage over time. (At level 60 of course)

Arturec

Soulsand
I have mastered Bloodmage, and I feel it's underwhelming to say the least. I feel the range on my abilities are too short, because a well aimed fireball will cancel the spell (Because of the damned warmups on a mid-range spell) and that while fighting any class really, I will lose. I DO silence during their spells and keep my mid-range distance while slowly wearing them down, but other classes have abilities too, they can silence me, then can slow/root, they can do many things that I don't have an answer to. (lol I've lost to a 34 wizard, and I got my whole combo off)

The slows on the warmups hurt alot especially when you cast them most people have away to move 2-5 blocks to get out of range...

maybe give them a bandage but on a longer cooldown? While casting all these spells, you leave yourself vulnerable for easily a full 5 seconds.. (And silence doesnt help when they get out of range then come back in, even with constrict on them....

I just feel like it needs some nudges in the right direction.... I feel unrewarded at all for mastering this class. Ninja gets 150% damage 20% of the time on hits, other classes get other awesome skills too, it just feels like it needs some help.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
I have mastered Bloodmage, and I feel it's underwhelming to say the least. I feel the range on my abilities are too short, because a well aimed fireball will cancel the spell (Because of the damned warmups on a mid-range spell) and that while fighting any class really, I will lose. I DO silence during their spells and keep my mid-range distance while slowly wearing them down, but other classes have abilities too, they can silence me, then can slow/root, they can do many things that I don't have an answer to. (lol I've lost to a 34 wizard, and I got my whole combo off)

The slows on the warmups hurt alot especially when you cast them most people have away to move 2-5 blocks to get out of range...

maybe give them a bandage but on a longer cooldown? While casting all these spells, you leave yourself vulnerable for easily a full 5 seconds.. (And silence doesnt help when they get out of range then come back in, even with constrict on them....

I just feel like it needs some nudges in the right direction.... I feel unrewarded at all for mastering this class. Ninja gets 150% damage 20% of the time on hits, other classes get other awesome skills too, it just feels like it needs some help.
Licksterboy is the best bloodmage in the server ( in my opinion) ask him.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

I didn't think warmups canceled on damage, why would bloodmage be any different?

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3

To be honest, you just need to practice and get used to the class. It is a hard class, but I've been playing bloodmage since the start of the map almost and now I get quick kills.

A few tips: Use drainsoul whenever the cooldown is up, chant whenever possible, constrict melee classes, ALWAYS use steal essence when possibly (Espically on ninja's escape artist or samurai's wind walk). Also, if you haven't been doing this, silence at the start of a match, get all of your DoTs and drainsoul on your opponent, then run!

The class is being looked at and may see some big changes as a result of the class revamps in a few weeks, if you can wait until then, perhaps you'll be surprised. :)

EDIT: The class has the potential to be considered overpowered, but most players fail to see that because it's too hard of a class.

macura

Diamond
N
Problem with cleric, they have 0 damage, they auto attack for maybe 30 per hit and their only dmg skill is the level 1 healer attack, nerfing their heals is kinda.. rude? I agree it's kinda bs the way it is(takes some serious black magic fuckery to kill a decent cleric 1 on 1), but if their heals AND dmg sucks, why play them at all?

As for ninja, nerf it, so many fucking ninjas atm its ridiculous, runeblades don't need a buff, the 2 of them need a nerf if anything, samurai seems fine the way it is, roll should probably be something that makes you shuffle 5 blocks in the direction you're moving, like a dodge, perhaps force leap(project force off ground) if you want elevation. As for quaking palm, perhaps the lvl 65 disciple skill could be like that? The mastery of the martial arts and healing combined into an attack(Does X dmg and does Y effect for Z seconds while healing for F amount within a G radius - example, does 150 dmg, stuns for 2.5 seconds, heals for 150 within 15 block radius, Chakra Palm ?

I think pyromancers should be 75% resist or immune to fire, have some sort of mobility(blazing speed or something to help with kiting) and being on fire increases dmg done and mana regen?

Fuck rangers

Mystic is actually not that bad as far as HoT's (from what i've seen) their dmg is meh, but they can heal so it evens out

Fuck no, theres like a hundred wizards online at any given time, the #1 most bandwagoned class in the game, do NOT give them another reason to make even more wizards. They are good as it is anyways.

I think bloodmages should have an Empathy Link skill, where they can mark 2 entities(player or npc) and they share damage and healing taken within a 30 block radius, taking an additional 200 dmg if the linked target dies. (Should get people to think twice before trolling poor bloodmages, the amount of dmg shared should rise as you level, to a total of 60% dmg and 60% healing shared)
o

I'm sorry, but no. Clerics do not do 'tons of damage' with a golden hoe and Might, the damage is 54
Sorry to say that, I might had been noob, because I was bard and I lost to a cleric with a BONE and I had music disc, not lvl 19 to get damage skill support x support = epic battle O_O