• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mystic Balancing

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Hello all, most of you don't know me very well, but I was the first to master mystic on this map and I have a few things to say about it based on what I've seen in the past few days.

First off, mystics should be solely support, just like cleric. Bloodmage and Disciple are both fairly decent combat classes, but lately, mystic has surpassed them both. Because mystic is able to heal itself every second and deal damage every few seconds seconds, its a class that is very hard to kill.

Myself and a friend who was a master DK chased a level 15 mystic around for 15 minutes because no matter how many times I'd drainsoul + bloodboil + soulleech + silence + another soulleech from the DK we couldn't get him below 700 health. As we played "chase" the mystic would smite us every 6 seconds which adds up A LOT.

Another example, I fought a master DK and won easily, I just needed to use root, bolt, smite, rejuvenate, smite, bandage, smite, bandage etc. As I did with several other classes and won a 2v1 here and there. I really don't think its realistic to have a class that can rejuvenate, bandage every 2 seconds, chant every 10 seconds, and then deal damage with smite every 6 seconds + bolt and root. Lets not forget mystics can use replenish as soon as they run out of mana.

Let me get to the point, although I'd be hurting myself, mystic should have a longer cd on its healing skills and probably smite as well (smite especially). I personally think it would be cooler to have rejuvenate as its main healing skill and have chant and bandage there if needed but with a longer cool down.

I love the idea of mystic having forage, gills, camouflage, rejuvenate, root, bolt, and port since they are all nature skills, but atm, mystics are very powerful, a bit too powerful. Tell me what you guys think or if you have any other suggestions you could share, I'm not that great when it comes to alternate routes for hero classes but I do know many people feel the same way. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there have been at least 10+ new mystics in the past week when it used to be just 1 or 2. :p

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I am in agreement. Expect some increases on cd/mana and decreases on healing soon. Same with cleric, but to a lesser extent.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I am in agreement. Expect some increases on cd/mana and decreases on healing soon. Same with cleric, but to a lesser extent.
Sounds good, I still want mystic to be a great healing class, just not have the ability to stay alive forever basically. xD

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
Yes i completely agree with this, this class needs a nerf I have played several skirmishes against them and constant bolt and megabolt fireball etc. but they wont die and the smite adds up alot.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Here's the issue... You want Mystic (much like Cleric) to be mostly supportive, right? That is never, ever, ever going to work if they're not granted AOE heals. A Cleric has 2 AOE heals; Ampul and GroupHeal. GroupHeal is admittedly nice, Ampul is just plain awful. For those of you who aren't familiar, Ampul is a skill where you throw a healing splash potion, and everyone surrounding the point of impact (roughly a 10 block radius) will receive some HP heals to some extent. As promised, if you're standing on the block of impact, you'll receive the full 200 HP heal. The further you are away from this point of impact, the less HP in heals you'll receive (I tested it and the lowest I saw was 30 HP in heals, great right?). The kicker is, it doesn't heal just party members, it heals Friend and Foe alike. You can certainly see the problem with this skill; healing your party members along with the group you're fighting.

The point I'm trying to make here is that it's silly to even call Cleric a support class, let alone Mystic. Yes, Might is a great asset to Clerics, but Beguilers also have Might, strangely enough. Unless your idea of support is to be able to successfully target heal party members mid-fight with 100% accuracy, then sure, Cleric is a support class.

If you actually want to step into the real world for a moment you'll realize that Bard is, and always has been, the only REAL support class in the game. Why you may ask?... They have 7 skills, ALL of which are AOEs... ALL of them. Fun fact too, none of their skills have more than a 1 second warm-up time. Cleric, on the other hand, range from 2-3 seconds (and keep in mind these are target heals as well). Not to mention the 5 second warm-up time on FullHeal.

So, you want to make some nerfs on Mystic and push them more toward a support class? AOE heals... I'm not going to say it again, AOE heals.... it's that fucking simple folks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, a Bard just so happens to wear full chainmail, and deal 86HP damage with a broken record (107 HP while using Warsong). That, of course, is an entirely different can of worms.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Anything but the lowest level of pvp (random skirmishes), healers should have binds set to at least some of their party, so target healing is EASY.

My view on a successful Support class is one that is easier than average to beat in 1v1, but harder to beat than average in 2v2, and that makes your group of five+ stronger for world pvp. I see healer specs more and more leaving this role as it becomes more desirable to have soloing capabilities.

Remove Mystic's Bolt and replace it with a more suited skill. Maybe one that roots an enemy and heals allies nearby over time?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
There isn't 1 person on the server while entering a large group fight saying "Be careful guys, they have a Cleric on their side". This is because Clerics don't offer much support at all. A Beguiler has Wisdom AND Might, which pretty much puts them at par when it comes to support as a Cleric does (but of course, Beguilers have many many many offensive skills as well).

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
There isn't 1 person on the server while entering a large group fight saying "Be careful guys, they have a Cleric on their side". This is because Clerics don't offer much support at all. A Beguiler has Wisdom AND Might, which pretty much puts them at par when it comes to support as a Cleric does (but of course, Beguilers have many many many offensive skills as well).
Umm, I'm pretty sure when a large group has a cleric, it's more like a "We're boned" moment.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
The #1 problem with target healing is that the vast majority of the time, you will fail to heal a moving target. Instead, of course, you'll heal yourself. Due to the 2 second minimum warm-up time, you will be in a state of "slow" until the skill is cast. Even if you cancel the skill due to accidently targeting yourself, you will still be in a state of slowness. It is completely sloppy, to say the least.

You are dilusion if you otherwise think we are not living in a spam-skill-until-it-actually-works world. How often, for example, does a Ninja use Kick or Confuse the 1st time and successfully get it off? The answer is rarely. The same can be said about any other target-based skill for any other class. The difference here is that if a Ninja fails to Kick his opponent the first time, he will eventually succeed in nana-seconds because he is spamming his 'e' key. Imagine if every time a Ninja failed to hit his target he'd be slowed for 2 seconds, and would need to wait for the cooldown to be over to use Kick again.

If this scenario hasn't opened your eyes to the harsh reality that is target healing, then nothing will. Target healing is an option? A poor one, at best.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
The #1 problem with target healing is that the vast majority of the time, you will fail to heal a moving target. Instead, of course, you'll heal yourself. Due to the 2 second minimum warm-up time, you will be in a state of "slow" until the skill is cast. Even if you cancel the skill due to accidently targeting yourself, you will still be in a state of slowness. It is completely sloppy, to say the least.

You are dilusion if you otherwise think we are not living in a spam-skill-until-it-actually-works world. How often, for example, does a Ninja use Kick or Confuse the 1st time and successfully get it off? The answer is rarely. The same can be said about any other target-based skill for any other class. The difference here is that if a Ninja fails to Kick his opponent the first time, he will eventually succeed in nana-seconds because he is spamming his 'e' key. Imagine if every time a Ninja failed to hit his target he'd be slowed for 2 seconds, and would need to wait for the cooldown to be over to use Kick again.

If this scenario hasn't opened your eyes to the harsh reality that is target healing, then nothing will. Target healing is an option? A poor one, at best.
As a cleric, healing is not the only part of it's skill set. It has a revive skill and a group invuln skill.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
So lets say I am a healer. I bind /skill pray Stds to my "P" key

Then I look at enemies, press my smite bind and my pray bind, and smite them and heal you. Easy.

edit: last time I played cleric was Zeal, but keybinds havent changed, have they?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
So lets say I am a healer. I bind /skill pray Stds to my "P" key

Then I look at enemies, press my smite bind and my pray bind, and smite them and heal you. Easy.

edit: last time I played cleric was Zeal, but keybinds havent changed, have they?

If it's just me and a member of my town roaming the wilderness of the map, then I would need to bind Pray, Chant, and Bandage to keys for myself, and keys to that person (6 keys in total). Add another player in our group... 9. Another? 12. Let's get serious, folks.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Chant, for example, will heal any target 350 HP. Admittedly, if you turned Chant into an AOE heal that would be very OP, especially in 10vs10 battle royales like my town seemingly always finds themselves in. A solution to this, of course, is to implement a system similar to XP sharing in parties. If you kill a skeleton by yourself, you're getting 35 XP. If you have another member in your party, you'll each receive slightly more than half of 35XP. If all heals were turned into AOE heals with the same idea implemented, it would make healing fashionable, and not be in the slightest OP since your party will share the piece of the pie instead of all getting their own pies.

Just food for thought, or shall I bind 9 different keys for Chant? What sounds sillier?

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
We dont want healers to keep everyone alive the same amount until they are killed.

Also, with macro mod, using 3 keys for 3 skills on 3 people just requires a shift and a tab macro, ur done. Easy. Four? throw in an alt button macro. You can make it so shift P heals someone else than just P.