• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion More skills on the docket...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Skill: WeaponChain
Unable to be disarmed: activated passive

Skill: Etch
Dye the name color of the weapon (reagent colored wool?)

Skill: Balance (Coded)
Re-balance all the health in the party, so everyone has the same %...
example: one player has 5% health, the healer casts re-balance and brings everyone to 50%, increasing the one to 5% and lowering the others to 50% - good for group heal / support.

Skill: Imbue
/skill Imbue <color>
Change the color of any item/block to one of your choice.

Skill: Battlesong
When used, it grants 5 points of stamina back to the entire group within 15R at a high cost of stamina to the caster.

Skill: Famine
Your target instantly loses all stamina (Sets to 0) and does not regain stamina for a set duration.

Skill: Fireworks (coded)
You set off 3 (Configurable) fireworks at the cost of red-stone.

Skill: Group Rejuvenate
Your group begins to rejuvenate: configurable amount/etc

More ideas incoming to be created.

RaepSoda

Iron
If Cleric got Balance, I'd probably never use it in large battles.

I can't tell what everyone's health is at in the heat of battle unless I do one of two things. Scan everyone in my party, which would be pretty damn hard and time consuming. Or, ask everyone in TS to tell me their health, which wouldn't really work because I doubt everyone would be able to calmly tell me their health one at a time.

I really don't think the skill would be very useful as of right now.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
If Cleric got Balance, I'd probably never use it in large battles.

I can't tell what everyone's health is at in the heat of battle unless I do one of two things. Scan everyone in my party, which would be pretty damn hard and time consuming. Or, ask everyone in TS to tell me their health, which wouldn't really work because I doubt everyone would be able to calmly tell me their health one at a time.

I really don't think the skill would be very useful as of right now.
I think its in place for party interface which we will probably have with spout/spout servers at some point. Plus communication is key in these fights, TS shouts are all you need :p I think its an awesome idea for a skill.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Skill: Balance
Re-balance all the health in the party, so everyone has the same %...
example: one player has 5% health, the healer casts rebalance and brings everyone to 50%, increasing the one to 5% and lowering the others to 50% - good for group heal / support.
Give Balance to BloodMage and rename it something else. Would require a select few nerfs to the class if this went in, though.

RaepSoda

Iron
I think its in place for party interface which we will probably have with spout/spout servers at some point. Plus communication is key in these fights, TS shouts are all you need :p I think its an awesome idea for a skill.

Oh yeah, spout. Forgot about that. I don't use it, sucks for me lol.

But I think you Completely missed my point about TS. Maybe in a small group, asking two, three, maybe even four players to tell me their current HP could work. But any larger than that wouldn't work. People are already shouting out other things, asking nine guys to tell me their health one at a time isn't going to work.

kongrave

Portal
chain may be nice for ninjas it wont make them stronger than caster types but will give them the edge against the warriors with disarm tbh id probably prefer it over backstab.

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
Weaponchain may or may not be the best idea ever! Literally :D Does it protect against bladegrasp also?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
No bloodmage doesn't need anything else its fine, and imo was perfectly balanced before it received the new skill and transfuse change. Give it to Disciple because the # of people playing is getting smaller and smaller. Cleric surely don't need it neither do Mystics. Batfury is a decent move, and is pretty much a "bolt sponge" for wizards.

Leave Bm alone. >.<

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
No bloodmage doesn't need anything else its fine, and imo was perfectly balanced before it received the new skill and transfuse change. Give it to Disciple because the # of people playing is getting smaller and smaller. Cleric surely don't need it neither do Mystics. Batfury is a decent move, and is pretty much a "bolt sponge" for wizards.

Leave Bm alone. >.<
Fair enough... Disciple is probably a better fit with classes how they are now.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
-snip-
Skill: WeaponDye
Dye the name color of the weapon (reagent colored wool?)
-snip-.
This + Engrave = The Deathmaker (Pink)
I'd totally use this for a town/guild whichever...
But I think the reagent should be the dye instead? How would you color your weapon with a wool? :p

Also, are you open for skill suggestions by other people? :p

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Weaponchain may or may not be the best idea ever! Literally :D Does it protect against bladegrasp also?
Wouldnt make any sense if Weaponchain protected from Bladegrasp. From what I think, Bladegrasp is a skill where the Samurai holds the sword tighter and blocks hits with it. In Disarm, you take the enemy's weapon, and Weaponchain sounds like something that has you keep a chain on your weapon so the weapon is locked in your hand, so Disarm cant take it away.

Edit: I just realized the WeaponDye skill. If Smith gets it, Im gonna dye my Thunderblade as yellow :3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This + Engrave = The Deathmaker (Pink)
I'd totally use this for a town/guild whichever...
But I think the reagent should be the dye instead? How would you color your weapon with a wool? :p

Also, are you open for skill suggestions by other people? :p
Feel free to suggest anything you want.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
From what I think, Bladegrasp is a skill where the Samurai holds the sword tighter and blocks hits with it.
I envisioned Bladegrasp as the samurai catching the blade with his hand, all hardcore-like. This happens in a lot of kung-fu movies and in a lot of anime. This theory is congruent with the fact that Bladegrasp also has 5hp as a reagent.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I envisioned Bladegrasp as the samurai catching the blade with his hand, all hardcore-like. This happens in a lot of kung-fu movies and in a lot of anime. This theory is congruent with the fact that Bladegrasp also has 5hp as a reagent.

Bladegrasp is used on yourself, not on a target.

"tightened their grip" sounds to me like you hold your sword stronger.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
What? This is what I've talked about before, you have no clue what you are saying. Bladegrasp uses Stamina as a reagent. Also why would you picture a samurai catching a blade, you use it with your sword out (As far as I remember, it can't be used without a sword in hand.)[DOUBLEPOST=1357840902,1357840831][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually after reading the Wiki, it says it costs 5hp, but it doesn't in game.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What? This is what I've talked about before, you have no clue what you are saying. Bladegrasp uses Stamina as a reagent. Also why would you picture a samurai catching a blade, you use it with your sword out (As far as I remember, it can't be used without a sword in hand.)[DOUBLEPOST=1357840902,1357840831][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually after reading the Wiki, it says it costs 5hp, but it doesn't in game.
Bladegrasp was inspired by the same ability in Final Fantasy Tactics. It was a move for Samurais.

While it probably shouldn't require a weapon to be used... we'll see if we can fix that.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
victim130 - you are an unpleasant, slow-thinking person, and I don't know what I did to piss you off.

Also why would you picture a samurai catching a blade, you use it with your sword out

Bladegrasp was inspired by the same ability in Final Fantasy Tactics. It was a move for Samurais.

While it probably shouldn't require a weapon to be used... we'll see if we can fix that.

A quote from the Final Fantasy Wiki, since Kain says he was inspired by the FF Tactics move for Samurais:
Shirahadori (しらはどり, Shirahadori?)! or (白刃取り, Shiraha Dori), also known as Blade Grasp, Swrdgrab orEvade, is a recurring ability related to the Samurai Job class.
Shirahadori comes from Shinken Shirahadori (真剣白刃取り), meaning "live blade catching," an extremely dangerous technique used to catch blades using only hands, as written in the book Classical Weaponry of Japan: Special Weapons and Tactics of the Martial Arts.
(http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shirahadori)

Clearly, YOU don't know what you're talking about. And drop the personal vendetta.