• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion More skills on the docket...

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
victim130 - you are an unpleasant, slow-thinking person, and I don't know what I did to piss you off.

A quote from the Final Fantasy Wiki, since Kain says he was inspired by the FF Tactics move for Samurais:
Shirahadori (しらはどり, Shirahadori?)! or (白刃取り, Shiraha Dori), also known as Blade Grasp, Swrdgrab orEvade, is a recurring ability related to the Samurai Job class.
Shirahadori comes from Shinken Shirahadori (真剣白刃取り), meaning "live blade catching," an extremely dangerous technique used to catch blades using only hands, as written in the book Classical Weaponry of Japan: Special Weapons and Tactics of the Martial Arts.
(http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shirahadori)

Clearly, YOU don't know what you're talking about. And drop the personal vendetta.

It is clearly not this way ingame though, since you can use it with nobody around.

Also, from a balance perpsect it would be bad if you couldn't bladegrasp ninjas since that is pretty much the only way to win.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
It is clearly not this way ingame though, since you can use it with nobody around.

Also, from a balance perpsect it would be bad if you couldn't bladegrasp ninjas since that is pretty much the only way to win.
You can use it with nobody around, because that just enables the skill. Nothing actually happens unless someone tries to strike you - at this point, you "catch" the blade, and there is no damage done. It would be impractical to have to time the skill so that you use it just as someone is hitting you with their sword, thus you enable the skill for a short time period.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Skill: WeaponChain
Unable to be disarmed: activated passive

Skill: Etch
Dye the name color of the weapon (reagent colored wool?)

Skill: Balance
Re-balance all the health in the party, so everyone has the same %...
example: one player has 5% health, the healer casts re-balance and brings everyone to 50%, increasing the one to 5% and lowering the others to 50% - good for group heal / support.

Skill: Imbue
/skill Imbue <color>
Change the color of any item/block to one of your choice.

Skill: Battlesong
When used, it grants 5 points of stamina back to the entire group within 15R at a high cost of stamina to the caster.

Skill: Famine
Your target instantly loses all stamina (Sets to 0) and does not regain stamina for a set duration (5 seconds)

Skill: Fireworks (fun skill)
You set off 3 (Configurable) fireworks at the cost of redstone.

Skill: StasisPunch
You hit the target into the air, slowing movement by 100% for the next 5 seconds

More ideas incoming to be created.
Famine is a really cool idea, but I think the duration at which it stays active is a bit long, I think it should just drain Stam to 0 and not restrict its regen. Because a warrior without stamina can die within 5 seconds and not to mention rogue specs too. That or you could make it 0 stam for 5 seconds but get all of it back after wards (Or the previous amount)

Fireworks is badass, but how does Imbue work? Is it name color change of other blocks? I also really like Battlesong, Bards really need more support skills that effect others more than them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Easy now... Herocraft's bladegrasp's flavor text was stating you tighten YOUR blade, meaning you used it to deflect, this was a miscommunication in development / lore

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
victim130 - you are an unpleasant, slow-thinking person, and I don't know what I did to piss you off.

A quote from the Final Fantasy Wiki, since Kain says he was inspired by the FF Tactics move for Samurais:
Shirahadori (しらはどり, Shirahadori?)! or (白刃取り, Shiraha Dori), also known as Blade Grasp, Swrdgrab orEvade, is a recurring ability related to the Samurai Job class.
Shirahadori comes from Shinken Shirahadori (真剣白刃取り), meaning "live blade catching," an extremely dangerous technique used to catch blades using only hands, as written in the book Classical Weaponry of Japan: Special Weapons and Tactics of the Martial Arts.
(http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shirahadori)

Clearly, YOU don't know what you're talking about. And drop the personal vendetta.
I like my personal vendettas, but I'll agree I was wrong, but with the knowledge I was given, I made a good argument. Plus I have no idea why the wiki says it does 5hp, it doesn't hurt you at all.

BeasttRecon bfittipaldi awsumguy75321 EtKEnn and whomever likes Futureverse, shall I change my thinking on BG or do you guys like the idea of a tight grip on the sword?Its used in Chapter 3 so I need to know before I post it D:

Also I wanna point out it says parried in the skill spam, that also makes me think of blocking :(

EDIT: Said this too fast! Thanks for the further clarification :p

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I like my personal vendettas, but I'll agree I was wrong, but with the knowledge I was given, I made a good argument. Plus I have no idea why the wiki says it does 5hp, it doesn't hurt you at all.

BeasttRecon bfittipaldi awsumguy75321 EtKEnn and whomever likes Futureverse, shall I change my thinking on BG or do you guys like the idea of a tight grip on the sword?Its used in Chapter 3 so I need to know before I post it D:

Also I wanna point out it says parried in the skill spam, that also makes me think of blocking :(

You could do something like use it to block their sword with yours and then grab it.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
NOOOO to famine. That would rape ALL classes, not just melee specs. If you drain all stam from any class, they wouldn't be able to sprint. Too overpowered. It would effectively be a 8-10 sec "silence" for melee classes too. Like the old kick, perma shut down. Caster would now rape rogues even more than they currently are. Braking the way classes should counter/work.

EDIT: Better way to do Famine.
1) Drop stam to 0 for 5 secs then return stam back to where it was/should be with normal regen, or,
2) For 5 secs make skills take 1-2 more stam than usual on the target.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Pleeeease have fireworks for engineer! And the rest of those sound pretty fantastic too, truth be told- famine is a little scary, but we'll see what happens after there's been ample balance time.

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7

Whatever gets it out faster ._.

Also the Fireworks skill could go to scribe as they do not have much appealing prof class skills unless you count beacon placement.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
<3 for more skills!

I found this before I found the teleport thread, so:

I think you could give Masons a skill called "SidewaysLift" and it would make sense lore and balance wise. Masons are boring to use right now, I have heard. And I know from looking for one that not many are played.

*wait a minute Dsa is an engineer, why is he not wanting teleport*
1. we got turrets recently
2. masons need love
3. Dsa wants fireworks.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Skill: Balance (Coded)
Re-balance all the health in the party, so everyone has the same %...
example: one player has 5% health, the healer casts re-balance and brings everyone to 50%, increasing the one to 5% and lowering the others to 50% - good for group heal / support.
Oh cool, it's like Pain Split.

Here's a bit of input:
  • Instead of straight-up rebalancing, add a fixed percentage to the averaged percentage. That way you have a net gain, making it more useful for support.
  • Have a second variant that affects all players within a radius, with no net gain. Could be used to turn a losing battle on it's head if timed correctly. Maybe this could go to Bloodmage and Cleric?
  • Base redistribution on the variant (and maybe Balance as it is?) on the total HP of everyone affected. This would mean that bulky classes benefit less and fragile classes benefit more, but I think that would add to the skill's character.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm going to turn the table and say this.

Where the hell is an Enchanter level 60 Ability... I've been thinking on this... my mind draws blanks.