• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make the map full pvp.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
5 hours war 1 hour peace serverwide , this gives people time to lvl build and regroup. What it also does is makes the "hardcore" pvpers (and the campers) who stand at a town yelling obscenities lose interest during that 1 hour since the non pvpers can come and go freely. Keep in mind this is 4 hours of pve a day (1 or 2 of whichyou will miss due to sleep/school/work). War is not a bad system.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
So I saw all these posts in another topic about making the map full pvp again, and I thought it'd help to just put the idea in it's own personal topic.

Point of argument: Make the map full pvp. Simple enough, nuff said. Adventure should not be full pve either.

Reasoning: So this is coming from a relatively new player, not exactly a pvper, wouldn't call myself a pveer either. But I totally agree with the reasoning and it makes complete sense. Essentially, with the lack of safety of full map pvp, there is more safety. Here's my reasoning. As of now, almost all victims of pvp are A: people who were forcibly bountied in order to obtain KDR or because they're. Not liked B: It was wat and some noob ran into the crossfire again. Making the map full pvp would encourage people to spread out more, making noob camping by major pvpers and allowing for more frequent and very fun teamfights. New players would have a challenge ahead of them, but they'd the server would retain more players because new players would no longer be the bulk of the victims, abd they'd be able to level somewhat safely. But having that sense of dangerousness is almost exhilarating, and makes it even more fun.

I don't want another pver vs pvper debate, because I'm going to be upfront with you pvers, in the current state, pver is doing you guys more harm than good to yourselves.

Let the conversation begin. No troll posts, take this shit seriously, I'm completely serous about this post.

Fucking mobile, ya know the drill, mistakes are possible cause I type most of this stuff on mobile.

95% of the 60 players are PvE noobs so yeah.... They wouldn't know what to do without PvE world. Also 99% of the PvPers no longer play due to PvE stuff. The "PvP Days" are gone for good so you might as well get used to it.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I guess this is a good time to express my feelings on the pvpers...

I don't know if this applies to anyone else that bases themselves in or prefers pve but every time I go into pvp areas, I get this sense of danger that I feel people in horror movies feel if they were real. It's not that I dislike pvp or feel scared of the idea but that there are the pvpers that always seem to be at the right place at the right time to kill me. To clarify, it's the skill that other players have that keeps me from pvp, not the general concept. I know it's not like I lose very much of anything by going into pvp and losing a fight with one, two, heck even a full party of people but the idea of dying haunts my every thought in pvp. I twitch, I tremble, and thus my pvp skills are even more diminished.

I hope this can help for any improvements or ideas that come :)

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I don't get how people can't learn to defend themself in a simple sandbox game. You use buttons to move and click with your mouse to attack, pretty hard ayy.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't get how people can't learn to defend themself in a simple sandbox game. You use buttons to move and click with your mouse to attack, pretty hard ayy.
It's not that it is hard, it's that there are players that are really good with no lag, good internet, and other factors that come into play with pvp. It's like how people that play CoD say that it is easy and that all you do is push a button and aim when it is much more than just that.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
It's not that it is hard, it's that there are players that are really good with no lag, good internet, and other factors that come into play with pvp. It's like how people that play CoD say that it is easy and that all you do is push a button and aim when it is much more than just that.
As much as I understand your perspective, and ralate to it (I have shitternet too) the danger is the fun part in my opinion.
Herocraft pvp is very different from normal pvp, and lag is far more detrimental to performance than in normal pvp.

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
That constant feeling of being in danger is great, and so is pvp once you've actually tried it.

Whats the fun of making a town with walls and traps, if you wont get attacked anyway?
Full pvp would bring back in that long forgotten aspect of action and war.
Pve'ers could just go look for a town with good defences and a strong 'army' to live a somewhat, peaceful and protected life. People would have to rely on others which would make their band stronger. The builders build the wall, the soldiers defend it. and that, lads, is how actual kingdoms rise.

Clawscript

Obsidian
I totally agree with you. I'd consider myself a PvE-er and my activity in the main server is pretty much dead right now. I got into a town, everything's safe and perfect, but my activity has dropped and I rarely log on to actually do stuff. However, I would love to see the survival server become full-PvP, even if Kainzo has set his mind around doing otherwise.
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but it would stop new players (or low levels) from building their base in random open spots and incite them to be more careful (unless they just don't care). For example, when I started out in Aegis my base was a small room hidden below the ground, under a taiga tree. It's not like you need to be careful where your base is in PvE.
Ultimately, it would just put the Survival into "Survival multiplayer".

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're an RPG Network/Community. That being said, we have a few facets of gameplay to cover and a lot of grounds to do it in.

We host a survival RPG server as our primary attraction, this isnt Survival PVE or Survival PVP, hence there are bosses, pvp areas and stuff to do. This may not always be the case, but its been a constant evolution since Oct 1st 2010, when we didn't have PVP as an option because minecraft, itself, didnt have pvp. (Nor moving entities)

Gear may need to be balanced, as the Sharp 17 stuff was brought in as an "end all" thing, with probably too high of a droprate. We're working on tweaking it. To have a balanced and fun game, you should have SKILL + PREPARATION in the mix for a good pvp game. Right now, the gear disparity is very low and so planning doesnt make up much of it. The soul enlightenment system is staying in the server and is already being ported to Adventure Server.

The Adventure server when released will have 90% PVE and 10% PVP. (Arenas/contested areas, etc)
The Survival server will have quite the opposite, it will, however, still have things people can do to build/level. It's primary focus will not be on PVE.

We are releasing a new Herocraft Network with a new hub / login system and I plan to streamline a lot of what you see with a Network Currency, that you can earn on any server. There's still quite a bit to be done in that department.

The war system yields several advantages and meets several needs, it may be too much need and appear not as often but that's something I've been internalizing and thinking about.