• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make the map full pvp.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
So I saw all these posts in another topic about making the map full pvp again, and I thought it'd help to just put the idea in it's own personal topic.

Point of argument: Make the map full pvp. Simple enough, nuff said. Adventure should not be full pve either.

Reasoning: So this is coming from a relatively new player, not exactly a pvper, wouldn't call myself a pveer either. But I totally agree with the reasoning and it makes complete sense. Essentially, with the lack of safety of full map pvp, there is more safety. Here's my reasoning. As of now, almost all victims of pvp are A: people who were forcibly bountied in order to obtain KDR or because they're. Not liked B: It was wat and some noob ran into the crossfire again. Making the map full pvp would encourage people to spread out more, making noob camping by major pvpers and allowing for more frequent and very fun teamfights. New players would have a challenge ahead of them, but they'd the server would retain more players because new players would no longer be the bulk of the victims, abd they'd be able to level somewhat safely. But having that sense of dangerousness is almost exhilarating, and makes it even more fun.

I don't want another pver vs pvper debate, because I'm going to be upfront with you pvers, in the current state, pver is doing you guys more harm than good to yourselves.

Let the conversation begin. No troll posts, take this shit seriously, I'm completely serous about this post.

Fucking mobile, ya know the drill, mistakes are possible cause I type most of this stuff on mobile.

Last edited:

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I would also like to add in, in the past full pvp maps also had all new players under level 10 not able to be pvped. I don't why not add this back in with a full pvp map. Would insure most noobs will not be killed or camped.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
I would be fine with it, as long as it came with a map reset. We're already too far into the map to just swap it over, and the current pve community who totally 100% hate pvp would flip shit if it happened.

Last edited:

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
I totally agree with this, as per my past experiences.

First of all, with an all-PvP map, PvPers won't even bother with the noobs as they prefer targets their level. It encourages playing in buddy groups. Not only that, personally, and probably for others too, the feeling of being constantly in danger keeps the fun up, even if there are not much players in the server, whereas feeling safe can get super boring after a short while. As what @iThaumaturge says, an all-PvP map can make fights very fun, ranging from small 1v1s to massive 10v10s.

Don't worry about getting PvPed right off the bat, people won't bother you until you become notorious/start messing with other people higher level than you. Bring back the hardcore aspect of Herocraft. At the very least, just make next map all-PvP without another server being all-PvE. This is all I ask.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
well, ive played in a full pvp map, there was way less camping noobs to get kdr, but only because there wasnt kdr. This would also be solved by changing back to ELO. Making 2 maps (one for pvp and one for pve) was tried, and fail because it divided herocraft population.

Like the system
-Players can feel completely safe during peace time, 4 out of 5 hours. Theres still a pvp side where you never feel safe, and i think there should be more rewards for towns that build in that area.
-Bountys cd is still fucked, i like the bounty system where you can get tagged everywhere, instead of having a guy with 10k bounty sitting at spawn all day.
-Conquest points should all be spread out on the pvp side, same with the hunting chests. To engourage players to go to pvp, party with other players and go solo hunting.
-Forcing no-pvpers to pvp if they can fight players with the same skills and lvls can be good. But right now, there are only a few pvpers and they are thirsty for kills

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
well, ive played in a full pvp map, there was way less camping noobs to get kdr, but only because there wasnt kdr. This would also be solved by changing back to ELO. Making 2 maps (one for pvp and one for pve) was tried, and fail because it divided herocraft population.

Like the system
-Players can feel completely safe during peace time, 4 out of 5 hours. Theres still a pvp side where you never feel safe, and i think there should be more rewards for towns that build in that area.
-Bountys cd is still fucked, i like the bounty system where you can get tagged everywhere, instead of having a guy with 10k bounty sitting at spawn all day.
-Conquest points should all be spread out on the pvp side, same with the hunting chests. To engourage players to go to pvp, party with other players and go solo hunting.
-Forcing no-pvpers to pvp if they can fight players with the same skills and lvls can be good. But right now, there are only a few pvpers and they are thirsty for kills
ELo was already confirmed to make a return, hence why I chose to make this post

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I would be fine with it, as long as it came with a map reset. We're already too far into the map to just swap it over, and the current pve community who totally 100% hate pvp would flip shit if it happened.
I somewhat disagree. There are only a few full blown pve players that I know of, most playera love to pvp when they're at their best, and with the wither skelly buff, it encourages a more co-operative environment. I mean there'd be some protests, of course, but it would ultimately result in more players gained than lost. I personally think this should be set up with the current map. It's more positive as a change, and this server needs it sorely.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I believe that this should only be implemented during a map reset. The game isn't quite the same as it was back when there was a full pvp map. We didn't have weapons with sharpness 17, we didn't have a class that was built to be stronger then the rest and there weren't key points of interests to hold (wherever bosses spawn and certain dungeons).

Just.... a maxed stormcaller with a sharpness 17 hoe certainly does not sound balanced to me. Before pvp was more about skill, if we were to flip the switch and make it all pvp right now gear would play a bigger role then skill.

Or those factors need to be addressed at least.

Edit: I enjoy the current system but wouldn't mind having full pvp again. But with the state the game is in right now I'd be against full map pvp.

Last edited:

JacobBurkey

Portal
I believe that this should only be implemented during a map reset. The game isn't quite the same as it was back when there was a full pvp map. We didn't have weapons with sharpness 17, we didn't have a class that was built to be stronger then the rest and there weren't key points of interests to hold (wherever bosses spawn and certain dungeons).

Just.... a maxed stormcaller with a sharpness 17 hoe certainly does not sound balanced to me. Before pvp was more about skill, if we were to flip the switch and make it all pvp right now gear would play a bigger role then skill.

Edit: I enjoy the current system but wouldn't mind having full pvp again. But with the state the game is in right now I'd be against full map pvp.
Completely agree with this. Gear would need to be toned down and balanced, and there can't be more overpowered gear coming into the game that makes a big difference in PvP. Same with the classes, it wouldn't be fun either for a fight to be decided because of one class, or more of them. Imo PvP was quite balanced until these new classes came out. Sure a paladin or maybe a caster kiting around them can stand up to them, but how's that balanced to every other class? If this does happen, and that's a big if, these new classes need to be toned down or removed all together. Same with the new gear.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Completely agree with this. Gear would need to be toned down and balanced, and there can't be more overpowered gear coming into the game that makes a big difference in PvP. Same with the classes, it wouldn't be fun either for a fight to be decided because of one class, or more of them. Imo PvP was quite balanced until these new classes came out. Sure a paladin or maybe a caster kiting around them can stand up to them, but how's that balanced to every other class? If this does happen, and that's a big if, these new classes need to be toned down or removed all together. Same with the new gear.

I didn't think about gear, or how that plays a part in pvp.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Temp fix, increase the duration of war while decreasing peace.

Looking to the future.. Once adventure map gets finished let's wait a month or so to test it out to make sure everything is working properly, or well properly enough. Then have there be a map reset.

It should be full pvp, have special items like those found on haven drop (nothing more then a sharp 4-5). Professions would still need to be leveled up here. Naturally we can only build towns here so a good chunk of our population will come back after leveling.

Allow us to carry our levels over between survival and adventure, this would make leveling be far less tedious and perhaps even enjoyable. Naturally don't let gear carry over so we can have crazy items drop. If a different currency is not used on this map have it so you make far far less then you would on survival.

Off the top of my head I can come up with two options. Other then there being an arena of course, there should be an arena for adventure.

1. Make it like runescapes wildy (yes I know, -1 point for referencing runescape), have there be a dangerous zone that people can kill each other in but that there's some big draw to make people want to go out there.

2. Have it be like archeage where you can't pvp in lower level zones. In higher level zones have it you can pvp, there should be a punishment for pking in these areas though. Make it so a pker gets flagged by town guards or something, make it so it's an option to kill in these areas for the love of pvp but let there be no reward for it. And throw in a zone or two where it's completely lawless so people can kill each other as much as they want.

Anyways this is just what I think would be fun. I'd like to hear what you guys think. Adventure would give beginners a chance to de-noobify while you have to play on survival to play the herocraft we've come to know and love.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Temp fix, increase the duration of war while decreasing peace.

Looking to the future.. Once adventure map gets finished let's wait a month or so to test it out to make sure everything is working properly, or well properly enough. Then have there be a map reset.

It should be full pvp, have special items like those found on haven drop (nothing more then a sharp 4-5). Professions would still need to be leveled up here. Naturally we can only build towns here so a good chunk of our population will come back after leveling.

Allow us to carry our levels over between survival and adventure, this would make leveling be far less tedious and perhaps even enjoyable. Naturally don't let gear carry over so we can have crazy items drop. If a different currency is not used on this map have it so you make far far less then you would on survival.

Off the top of my head I can come up with two options. Other then there being an arena of course, there should be an arena for adventure.

1. Make it like runescapes wildy (yes I know, -1 point for referencing runescape), have there be a dangerous zone that people can kill each other in but that there's some big draw to make people want to go out there.

2. Have it be like archeage where you can't pvp in lower level zones. In higher level zones have it you can pvp, there should be a punishment for pking in these areas though. Make it so a pker gets flagged by town guards or something, make it so it's an option to kill in these areas for the love of pvp but let there be no reward for it. And throw in a zone or two where it's completely lawless so people can kill each other as much as they want.

Anyways this is just what I think would be fun. I'd like to hear what you guys think. Adventure would give beginners a chance to de-noobify while you have to play on survival to play the herocraft we've come to know and love.

I personally like option 1 over option 2. From what I know about adventure, it sounds like it pretty much going to overlap Valorium, even if we keep both maps, most players are going to remain on adventure, so I think some major sections of major pvp would be really nice.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I personally like option 1 over option 2. From what I know about adventure, it sounds like it pretty much going to overlap Valorium, even if we keep both maps, most players are going to remain on adventure, so I think some major sections of major pvp would be really nice.
I love the town aspect of Herocraft, so even if I were to level on adventure I'd return to survival all the time. But if that's really going to be the case then some incentive to play on survival would be fantastic. What I'd love to see is that each map will have something to it that will make you want to play on the other one sometimes also.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ye
I love the town aspect of Herocraft, so even if I were to level on adventure I'd return to survival all the time. But if that's really going to be the case then some incentive to play on survival would be fantastic. What I'd love to see is that each map will have something to it that will make you want to play on the other one sometimes also.
Yes, agreed.

JacobBurkey

Portal
I just think it should be 2 hours war 2 hours peace
You need to read the whole post and understand what's going on before commenting. We are not trying to fix PvE or try to increase PvE, this is about removing PvE altogether. Doing that would do absolutely nothing but worsen the situation.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Guys! I'm sorry to say, but I talked to Kainzo about returning to an All-PvP map, and he said he won't return to an All-PvP map and instead prefers the War system.

Our call for a all-PvP map has come to an end here, guys. :(

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Guys! I'm sorry to say, but I talked to Kainzo about returning to an All-PvP map, and he said he won't return to an All-PvP map and instead prefers the War system.

Our call for a PvP map has come to an end here, guys. :(
:(

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Maybe we can get a mod or admin to smooth-talk him into it, but I doubt any action taken will move him towards changing his mind now.