• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

January Notes - 7.1.0+ | Minecraft 1.8+

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
- Bounties have significantly changed.
-- Players may only have an active bounty once every 12
-- Freshly bountied players have 10 minutes before someone can accept their bounty.
-- Players with bounties can be attacked anywhere by the person who accepted the bounty.
-- Costs of bounties have increased to 250s
-- When attacking someone in PVP-OFF, you will be open to PVP combat.
I really don't think that such a massive increase in the cost of bounties is really needed, they already have cool downs and many people will just log as soon as one is placed on them, IMO 100s is fine but 250 is a little much

Nevinryal

Glowstone
So let me get this right. You can only accept 1 bounty every 12 hours. And someone who's been bountied has 10 minutes to quit whatever they are doing for that day? So, what's to prevent a group of 8 people from placing a bounty on Jon Doe and killing him once every 30 minutes to an hour for say, 4-8 hours that day? Is this really going to help our player base? Feeding productive players to bored ones?

Don't get me wrong, part of me wants to see this as an improvement, but I'm wondering if the number of players who want this really does outnumber the ones who aren't going to enjoy this as much. The lava thing seems to be the only step in the right direction, pve lava bucketing is annoying. :p

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This is my understanding - correct me if I'm wrong:

So let me get this right. You can only accept 1 bounty every 12 hours.

There's no limit on the number of bounties you can ACCEPT. The 12 hour limit applies to the person bountied. After a person has been bountied, they can't be bountied again for 12 hours.

And someone who's been bountied has 10 minutes to quit whatever they are doing for that day?

Yes, they have 10 minutes to get themselves to a safe place. Their bounty remains until it has been collected. So if they log out immediately and in again 24 hours later, the bounty will still be there.

So, what's to prevent a group of 8 people from placing a bounty on Jon Doe and killing him once every 30 minutes to an hour for say, 4-8 hours that day?

Refer back to the first point.

@Kainzo @Jonsoon Is my understanding correct?

EDITED TO ADD: Anyone who is interested, please check this wiki page on Bounties and tell me whether it's correct and whether there are any gaps. Thanks.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Added Drop Boosts to the store (+10%, +20% and +30%)
- Added War/Peace time contested regions (WarEast / WarWest @ hc.to/map)

Nevinryal

Glowstone
Thanks for that Witch, now hoping for confirmation. Only get to destroy another person's experience once a day. Or the entire day if they don't bother to play at that point. I really think you should try something different like letting people choose at start of map to /pvp enable or /pvp disable which would either prevent pvp for you but wont let you partake in it at all OR Allow you to be pvp but you can't go pve at all. Could even help in game with a money sink should you decide to switch (Like with Professions, but make it very expensive to do so) again, another way to take money out of the economy.

Forcing players to be in pvp when they don't consent to it just isn't the way to go imo. You're going to irritate your only potential for a playerbase by catering to Veterans, who are most likely bored after using all available tricks acquired from playing to max everything out as quickly as possible.

And while this may keep your more vocal players entertained, it will be short lived, and once they get their fill. They will play less too. But by then, you will also have fed your PVE/Non-PVP interested players to more organized PVPers for a temporary entertainment benefit. There has to be another way or alternate consideration.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Fixed an issue with priorities in war time zones. PVP-ON was applied but the priority of the regions were too low. My bad!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Adjusted hopper rate to reduce server lag when there are 100+ online.
- Added Saddle to the cast reagent to Steed skills as a temp fix to the saddle dupe.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Please, if possible, adjust the hoppers like last map, so that every time it moves 4 items instead of 1. Right now a furnace burns faster than the hopper timer.