• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I miss Sanctum.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I had my most fun early this map in Camelot, when it was still active. There seemed to always be raiders. Alex and flip as a level 40 dragoon won a 6v2. Bastion seemed to be better than DG. The early maps look fun. I watched some videos on Zeal and Sanctum and I miss them too.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not a huge nostalgia fan, and I'll be honest in saying that Zeal was one of my least favorite maps... I just felt sort of isolated, the leveling system was very primordial, and many classes were broken. Sure I may have been nooby back then, but that doesn't discount any of the takeaways I had from it. DG felt like a huge improvement across the board. Accessibility, usefulness of spawn, Herogates that are constantly used, PvP in hotspots that mattered.

Bastion is surely up there, but the jump from DG to Bastion pales in comparison to that of Zeal to DG. It may have introduced quests, but those are gone now. Bastion spawn isn't nearly as much of a bustling hub that DG spawn was. It didn't really bring that many new things to the table (besides getting rid of Thief, thank god). That's not to say my experience this map hasn't been enjoyable. It just feels very much like an extension on DragonGuarde.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm not a huge nostalgia fan, and I'll be honest in saying that Zeal was one of my least favorite maps... I just felt sort of isolated, the leveling system was very primordial, and many classes were broken. Sure I may have been nooby back then, but that doesn't discount any of the takeaways I had from it. DG felt like a huge improvement across the board. Accessibility, usefulness of spawn, Herogates that are constantly used, PvP in hotspots that mattered.

Bastion is surely up there, but the jump from DG to Bastion pales in comparison to that of Zeal to DG. It may have introduced quests, but those are gone now. Bastion spawn isn't nearly as much of a bustling hub that DG spawn was. It didn't really bring that many new things to the table (besides getting rid of Thief, thank god). That's not to say my experience this map hasn't been enjoyable. It just feels very much like an extension on DragonGuarde.
You didn't enjoy zeal because you didn't get involved. You didn't get to experience kingdom drama and all that good stuff. I strongly disagree with your opinion of zeal.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
leftovers5 thats exactly how I feel about DG. Just like Acherous said, it wasn't the map, it was that you were isolated. I think this is how many new players feel.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
leftovers5 thats exactly how I feel about DG. Just like Acherous said, it wasn't the map, it was that you were isolated. I think this is how many new players feel.
To me, the isolation was what made sanctum fun. It was like a new world to explore, and people were scary to me.

But I see both sides, zeal was fun as fuck being a founder of one of the bigger towns.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
You didn't enjoy zeal because you didn't get involved. You didn't get to experience kingdom drama and all that good stuff. I strongly disagree with your opinion of zeal.
Zeal was definitely a very political map.

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
leftovers5 I didn't even remember you played in Zeal :s
but to what Acherous side is mostly right, I was a Town Banker/SIC/Mayor as long as I was in Zeal, I had so much stuff to do I never got past lvl 36 Smith. (out of 50!)
also I'd think I would be less nostalgic if I liked any of the changes in DG/Bastion... I'm not a fan of MMORPGs.