• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How To How to not be a noob

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Come one come all to the guidel on not being a noob! Here's some things you need to know about Herocraft:
  • Mobs are much stronger than you're used to You can find a good many of them in dungeons scattered across the world, you can ask players to level with you or even build a base with you in /ch lfg
  • Boats are disabled due to glitching/crashing the server
  • Bone meal is disabled (dunno why) at least on the ground
  • This is the original Hero plugin server
  • You probably shouldn't rage
  • Griefing is illegal This means you cannot steal blocks from structures unless they are "rare blocks" like diamond or emerald blocks
  • Raiding is legal (stealing items from people)
  • I wouldn't suggest being mean to people
  • PvP is very fun (VERY)
  • You should start off in PvE to learn the basics (I only recommend this if you're soft core, if you want some fun come on into pvp!) South is PvP and North is PvE
Here are some useful links on the forums:
  • hc.to/wiki This contians any information you may need to know about classes and such
  • hc.to/map This is a database of the current map and all maps from before
  • hc.to/store This is where you can buy cool stuff to impress your friends! Or surprise your enemies....
  • hc.to/gettingstarted This is a good thing to read for learning your basics
  • The book in your inventory This should probably be read to get a better understanding of everything
  • hc.to/money This is so you can understand the currency a little better
  • hc.to/modpack
  • Check out the Short Links page at the wiki for more useful shortlinks!
More will be added soon! Someone make a quick link for this too haha!
Props to @WitchOnaRampage for suggesting a better guide on this!

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Come one come all to the tutorial on not being a noob! Here's some things you need to know about Herocraft:
  • Mobs are much stronger than you're used to
  • Boats are disabled due to glitching
  • Bone meal is disabled (dunno why)
  • This is the original Hero plugin server
  • You probably shouldn't rage
  • Griefing is illegal
  • Raiding is legal
  • You can raid diamond and emerald blocks from bases without it being grief
  • I wouldn't suggest being mean to people
  • PvP is very fun
  • You should start off in PvE to learn the basics
  • hc.to/wiki This contians any information you may need to know about classes and such
  • hc.to/map This is a database of the current map and all maps from before
  • hc.to/store This is where you can buy cool stuff to impress your friends! Or surprise your enemies....
  • hc.to/gettingstarted This is a good thing to read for learning your basics
  • The book in your inventory This should probably be read to get a better understanding of everything
  • hc.to/money This is so you can understand the currency a little better
More will be added soon! Someone make a quick link for this too haha!
Bad grammar and you shouldn't tell people to start in PVE :/

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Hey @Mischevity we do seem to say the same thing over and over and over to new players, eh!

I'd really like to see this material used to develop the FAQ page at the Wiki. There's already a shortlink for that: hc.to/faq ;)

Separate guides at the forums generally seem to get lost, and aren't as easy to keep up to date as info at the wiki.

I see you don't have a wiki membership - I'll pm you about that. What do you reckon - up for updating the FAQ page? :D

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
A few suggestions:
  • Mobs are much stronger than you're used to - "find mobs for leveling your combat class in the custom-made dungeons that are spread all around the map - they look like temple ruins"
  • Boats are disabled due to glitching - is it glitching? I thought it was crashing or severely lagging the server
  • Bone meal is disabled (dunno why) - I'm finding it's working - but takes more uses to work than it used to
  • Griefing is illegal - explain what this means ie "taking blocks from player builds and not replacing them"
  • Raiding is legal - ie "stealing from unprotected chests"
  • You can raid diamond and emerald blocks from bases without it being grief - personally I think this is a crazy rule, but there you go
  • You should start off in PvE to learn the basics - "Northern continent is PvP-off, Southern is PvP-on" (let them decide)

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey @Mischevity we do seem to say the same thing over and over and over to new players, eh!

I'd really like to see this material used to develop the FAQ page at the Wiki. There's already a shortlink for that: hc.to/faq ;)

Separate guides at the forums generally seem to get lost, and aren't as easy to keep up to date as info at the wiki.

I see you don't have a wiki membership - I'll pm you about that. What do you reckon - up for updating the FAQ page? :D
I might get a bit lost myself, but yeah! I'm up for it

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Well otherwise they'll ragequit, and what bad grammar?
Look to every map where there was no PVE which btw if you hadn't already known they were more popular.
You need to remember, any post on here that isn't "PvP is love, PvP is life" Gets downvoted by all the older players.
There can't be anything Non-PvP to them
they get bad ratings when they are just stupid, if all I wanted was pure PVP I wouldn't play hc at all, there are plenty of other servers with the heroes plugin or things similar to it that are ALL PVP nothing else. Hc has other things that people enjoy, I loved making a town and the economics of the server, PVP is one of my favorite things but not everything so don't be such a stuck-up jerk when someone says things and gives you ratings you don't like.

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Look to every map where there was no PVE which btw if you hadn't already known they were more popular.

they get bad ratings when they are just stupid, if all I wanted was pure PVP I wouldn't play hc at all, there are plenty of other servers with the heroes plugin or things similar to it that are ALL PVP nothing else. Hc has other things that people enjoy, I loved making a town and the economics of the server, PVP is one of my favorite things but not everything so don't be such a stuck-up jerk when someone says things and gives you ratings you don't like.
I suppose I was a bit wrong on the ragequit bit, but chill a little lol

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
True, they also like to troll a lot ;3
You need to remember, any post on here that isn't "PvP is love, PvP is life" Gets downvoted by all the older players.
There can't be anything Non-PvP to them
That's So wrong I cant even begin............ ? There are a few old pvpers who didn't troll at all, I honestly didn't troll at all till the end of Haven. I think a lot of times PvPers are more cooperative then PvEers (like some PvE's in my town in Bastion trying to get me banned for saying rape in a private channel) and a lot of shit, I know a few of my posts have been downvoted for saying anything about PvP because the community has become full of people who only want the heroes plugin for leveling. I mean its fine by me, I just don't play anymore and if that's how Kainzo wants his server its up to him. But when you say PvPers like to troll that's fuckin retarded. I mean most of the people who play are now are PvE'ers and a lot of them are kids younger then me who just rage when they die and make it look like me and coolbeans aren't toxic at all...... When me and Coolbeans don't seem Toxic I think that's says something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
That's So wrong I cant even begin............ Autism? There are a few old pvpers who didn't troll at all, I honestly didn't troll at all till the end of Haven. I think a lot of times PvPers are more cooperative then PvEers (like some PvE's in my town in Bastion trying to get me banned for saying rape in a private channel) and a lot of shit, I know a few of my posts have been downvoted for saying anything about PvP because the community has become full of people who only want the heroes plugin for leveling. I mean its fine by me, I just don't play anymore and if that's how Kainzo wants his server its up to him. But when you say PvPers like to troll that's fuckin retarded. I mean most of the people who play are now are PvE'ers and a lot of them are kids younger then me who just rage when they die and make it look like me and coolbeans aren't toxic at all...... When me and Coolbeans don't seem Toxic I think that's says something.
I wasn't talking about all PvPers, I was referring to the ones who actually do troll

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Well... this turned out to become a debate on PvP and shit, can we not just appreciate the thing for noobs rather than argue about "PvP is love PvP is life"?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
pss Pamp change supposed to supposed and exeptions exceptions... (He speaks Spanish so don't say shit about grammer)

Last edited by a moderator: