• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroMount (name wip)

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
Also i have heard about files u can change in the world folder to get zombie and skeleton horses will these be buyable?

HolyAdos

Coal
Here is an idea...
1- At lvl 65 Farmers summon horses
2- The horses can be tamed, breed, but not ridden
3- Instead of buying a saddle that already has a horse bound to it, a farmer can use a saddle and "capture" a horse and bind it to the saddle.

This way you can keep the whole aspect of farmers breeding better horses. To balance the fact that farmers can breed supposed "super horses" you could make the saddles that farmers use be significantly more expensive (make it us an unobtainable regent which can be bought from the "store") than one you would buy from the "store". So, while anyone can a decent horse from the "store", the best horses will be breed by farmers.

This is my favorite idea out of all of them, and instead of horses dissapearing why not just have low lvl horses spawn and stay naturally and have higher levels need breeding? Also, bring back horse health, it would add a risk/reward factor to bringing a horse like risk=horse dies, bigger target || reward= extra mobility, extra jump, more protection (meat shield) etc. Anyway that's my opinion.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Will there be pack horses like the donkeys or mules in mo' creatures? If so they should be restricted to the high levels of all the crafter specs.

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
Well if u look donkeys are in 1.6.2 so probably.... Im hoping he sticks in the skeleton and zombie horses they are in it just mojang has them off inbthe map files so they dont spawn if u look it up u can get a world that has them on

HolyAdos

Coal
Well if u look donkeys are in 1.6.2 so probably.... Im hoping he sticks in the skeleton and zombie horses they are in it just mojang has them off inbthe map files so they dont spawn if u look it up u can get a world that has them on

skeleton and zombie horses could be available in the shop as reskins that would temp. change any horse you ride into a zombie/skeleton it would be a neat item for the shop.

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
Well i dont know exactly how to get one they might just spawn that way but it also Said there was some that are spawned with skeleton riders on them

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
i suggest this the 2nd i heard that there was horses in 1.6.2, but everyone disagreed with me so i was like w/e

HolyAdos

Coal
So, now I'm confused, 1.6.2 is out, so are the horse delayed or cut? I was really hoping that a dedicated farmer could spend her time carefully breeding a beautiful horse for herself or her comrades, and horse riding would almost be a strategy on its own, with its own set of risks and rewards without even touching on what HeroCraft could do with the Idea.

Northac

Obsidian
So pretty much an affect like what it does on world of warcraft XD

That was my first thought too. I like the way it sounds like its set up so far. otherwise there would be some serious issues over it.

-Saddles are still kind of rare, not every one has one

-horses dont spawn other than in plains, making it harder to find them.

The plan here is set to make it fair for all players, enter combat and get dismounted = even footing with other players (yes you can run up to them faster but they now have a chance to get away once you are off your horse)

Possible issues with the plan (they have been addressed by some already but still)

- Horses in the store = if anything other than skin changes it comes close to pay to win type stuff, everything HC is against (oooooh! possibly put the skeleton and zombie horse skins in the store for purcheseing? that would be kind of cool)

- Different speeds of horses = no one would get the slower one if they had to choose, kind of a waste of coding time and effort (or so i believe)

-The saddle soul bound thing, maybe set it up (if possible) like the hero book? Not able to be lost (yes itll take up an invintory slot, price to pat for it) but if you die you can just "/saddle up" (or whatever command) and it will re summon the saddle (once you buy the ability to use it, like a secondary skill or somthing) and like the book the "item" will disapear upon your death until you resummon it. no duping worries (I think, not sure how it would work) also, rename it "horse saddle" so we can still use the normal ones (ridding pigs for shits and giggles, and the achivment lol)

-possibly keep donkeys in for "packmule" use? not able to be ridden but breedable? Would be useful for farmers to sell them, almost like a back pack feature in game (especially since the backpacks are still down) maybe keep them a bit smaller than the backpacks to encorage players to still use those.

Just my few cents on the matter, love the fact you guys listen to what we want in game @Kainzo, makes it just that much more fun to play

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So, now I'm confused, 1.6.2 is out, so are the horse delayed or cut? I was really hoping that a dedicated farmer could spend her time carefully breeding a beautiful horse for herself or her comrades, and horse riding would almost be a strategy on its own, with its own set of risks and rewards without even touching on what HeroCraft could do with the Idea.
Horses are delayed at the moment. We're working on a simple solution to make them the way we want them. Due to horses not being auto-removed on combat, they would offset the balance of Herocraft, we're going to ensure that the player is auto-dismounted when going into combat.

HolyAdos

Coal
Horses are delayed at the moment. We're working on a simple solution to make them the way we want them. Due to horses not being auto-removed on combat, they would offset the balance of Herocraft, we're going to ensure that the player is auto-dismounted when going into combat.

What do you mean by balance here?

HolyAdos

Coal
Mounted combat, would throw the balance out of our current class setup.

Darn, I just thought now that maybe the horses could "amplify" certain powers and disable others while riding, like a dragoon could jump farther but become unable to tumble. Or a wizard could blink farther but group teleport would cost extra mana...

P.S are you still considering Ideas or should I stop posting here?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Would "Other ways" include quests (That is if they are released any time soon.)
I think boss drops would be better as opposed to quests.
So, now I'm confused, 1.6.2 is out, so are the horse delayed or cut?
Delayed, it is something that still needs coding/fleshing out and our development team has higher priorities at present such as Attributes, HeroForge and a few other projects.
- Different speeds of horses = no one would get the slower one if they had to choose, kind of a waste of coding time and effort (or so i believe)
Not if the higher speed horses are more difficult to obtain and the player base isn't straight up told how to obtain them.
-The saddle soul bound thing, maybe set it up (if possible) like the hero book? Not able to be lost (yes itll take up an invintory slot, price to pat for it) but if you die you can just "/saddle up" (or whatever command) and it will re summon the saddle (once you buy the ability to use it, like a secondary skill or somthing) and like the book the "item" will disapear upon your death until you resummon it. no duping worries (I think, not sure how it would work) also, rename it "horse saddle" so we can still use the normal ones (ridding pigs for shits and giggles, and the achivment lol)
It's entirely possible to have the item soulbound so that it never leaves your inventory when you die and is not dropped with the rest of your loot which is the current plan if I am not mistaken.
What do you mean by balance here?
While a player is mounted they're not slowed by cast times, Drawing bows, roots and other CC effects. Due to this it would bypass many balancing aspects of many classes.

Last edited:

Northac

Obsidian
I think boss drops would be better as opposed to quests.

Not if the higher speed horses are more difficult to obtain and the player base isn't straight up told how to obtain them.

It's entirely possible to have the item soulbound so that it never leaves your inventory when you die and is not dropped with the rest of your loot which is the current plan if I am not mistaken.

- Boss drops would be neat, are you talking Big dungeon bosses or the diablo stlye uniqes (think kainzo said something like these are in the works)

-oh, toche there on the speeds......

-and that would be how to keep the saddles, thanks for answering that

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
While a player is mounted they're not slowed by cast times, Drawing bows, roots and other CC effects. Due to this it would bypass many balancing aspects of many classes.

Unless you could hook the spells that do CC/slow/roots to affect the horse being ridden by the player or horse targeted.

I'm also interested how pack mules will work? they're a great concept to be honest. Extra storage that follows you around if you want to be a nomad, could it be LWC'd? and since the packmule can't die (it just poofs) when entering combat, and the item (saddle) would be soulbound, would too then it's inventory?

Vanilla mechanics allow anyone to run up and shift click your pack mules inventory to steal things. :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Unless you could hook the spells that do CC/slow/roots to affect the horse being ridden by the player or horse targeted.

I'm also interested how pack mules will work? they're a great concept to be honest. Extra storage that follows you around if you want to be a nomad, could it be LWC'd? and since the packmule can't die (it just poofs) when entering combat, and the item (saddle) would be soulbound, would too then it's inventory?

Vanilla mechanics allow anyone to run up and shift click your pack mules inventory to steal things. :p
That would get really messy in the code and would result in a whole bunch of un-necessary checks every time you use a skill.