• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroMount (name wip)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS:

Let's talk horses for MC 1.6.2+

This is how we're going to do them - some stuff may change but here's what I have planned.

Horses will not stay in the world unless they are mounted by a player.
When a player is thrown into combat for any reason, the horse will disappear and vanish from the world. Horses will not have health and will not "die".

There will be a "mounting" time to bring out your horse and get on it. You will bind your horse to a saddle, using the metadata/lore of the saddle, when you right click the saddle, you will start "mounting" the horse after 1-3 seconds (which you cannot move or just heavily slowed)

The "horse" will be gained in many different ways. In various speeds (the faster, the more costly), we will want players to spend coins for better horses or use the store to get special horses that are normally unobtainable.

The horses will be directly purchasable as well via the STORE.

Unsure yet what to do with armor that horses can wear, would be nifty if they had some form of speed bonus.

Issues:
No horse breeding profession.

Cites: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/horse-stables/

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS:

Let's talk horses for MC 1.6.2+

This is how we're going to do them - some stuff may change but here's what I have planned.

Horses will not stay in the world unless they are mounted by a player.
When a player is thrown into combat for any reason, the horse will disappear and vanish from the world. Horses will not have health and will not "die".

There will be a "mounting" time to bring out your horse and get on it. You will bind your horse to a saddle, using the metadata/lore of the saddle, when you right click the saddle, you will start "mounting" the horse after 1-3 seconds (which you cannot move or just heavily slowed)

The "horse" will be gained in many different ways. In various speeds (the faster, the more costly), we will want players to spend coins for better horses or use the store to get special horses that are normally unobtainable.

The horses will be directly purchasable as well via the STORE.

Unsure yet what to do with armor that horses can wear, would be nifty if they had some form of speed bonus.

Issues:
No horse breeding profession.

You could simply add armor via online shop as a form of prowess to other players. Add it just as a visual upgrade so to speak. Also would it be possible to swap what you were riding looked like? I would throw away all my money to ride a testificate like a horse.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I would suggest trying to work only the armor into the shop.
The shop should be for looks/prowess more then getting better benefits.

That being said, you never said there would be an in game benefit to the horses you buy in the shop. All "power levels" of horses should be attainable in the game and just the varied looks should be force charged.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I would suggest trying to work only the armor into the shop.
The shop should be for looks/prowess more then getting better benefits.

That being said, you never said there would be an in game benefit to the horses you buy in the shop. All "power levels" of horses should be attainable in the game and just the varied looks should be force charged.

Yeah, I think we need to play around with how the vanilla behavior is.. I havent really done any testing on them.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
would this consume the saddle on use or will you get it back when the horses disappears?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It would stay in your inventory - hopefully soulbound.

So (well, this is OT) same system that'll keep Ancient runes soulbound?
In any case, sounds like one might wind up inadvertently duping it because it's put into a death chest *and* put back in your inventory...

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
In any case, sounds like one might wind up inadvertently duping it because it's put into a death chest *and* put back in your inventory...
Couldnt we make it so if the name on the item didnt match the holder it would disapear.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

you won't be able to make two of them just because its soul bound...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Here is an idea...
1- At lvl 65 Farmers summon horses
2- The horses can be tamed, breed, but not ridden
3- Instead of buying a saddle that already has a horse bound to it, a farmer can use a saddle and "capture" a horse and bind it to the saddle.

This way you can keep the whole aspect of farmers breeding better horses. To balance the fact that farmers can breed supposed "super horses" you could make the saddles that farmers use be significantly more expensive (make it us an unobtainable regent which can be bought from the "store") than one you would buy from the "store". So, while anyone can a decent horse from the "store", the best horses will be breed by farmers.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
you won't be able to make two of them just because its soul bound...

I realize, just seems like the first issue that would pop up, not that it would magically stay until release.

liamnut

Wood
Have you thought about making the ability to use horses specific to the dragoon class? It would make sense seen as the class is named after the mounted infantry. Of course, there are issues with people already thinking dragoon is an op class (I don't agree).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Have you thought about making the ability to use horses specific to the dragoon class? It would make sense seen as the class is named after the mounted infantry. Of course, there are issues with people already thinking dragoon is an op class (I don't agree).
The class was heavily based off of Dragoon's from FF2/4