• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft: Rise of Atlas! (NEW MAP, NEW ERA)

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
You are relatively funny, have you played competitive mc pvp? Do you know all the tactics used to gain an advantage? Shift sprint? W tap? S tap? Circle strafe?
I actually am aware of all the things you've mentioned, either through actual practice(I didn't always spread the Word y'know) or through observing and listening from the side-lines. Two of those are actually common in many other PvP and Survival games, so it would be odd for me not to know of them.

Your precious MC PvP isn't actually all that unique. You can find the skills used to MC PvP sprinkled throughout the PvP universe in much more refined and exciting forms.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I actually am aware of all the things you've mentioned, either through actual practice(I didn't always spread the Word y'know) or through observing and listening from the side-lines. Two of those are actually common in many other PvP and Survival games, so it would be odd for me not to know of them.

Your precious MC PvP isn't actually all that unique. You can find the skills used to MC PvP sprinkled throughout the PvP universe in much more refined and exciting forms.
Not talking here, I'm talking from the 1.7.10 community (HCF)

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
I've never played that server.

Though that doesn't change the fact I understand motion mechanics or strafe strategies or anything else you throw at me.

That's because instead of pre-occupying myself with some niche modded server on a game played primarily by ten year olds, I tend to fill my time with more variety. Maybe you should, too. It might help you see a bigger picture.

Anyway, I'm bored of playing with bad ad hominems. If you can't even manage to attack the material of my argument, then it's not even a debate.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Hels may not have played competitively, but I have. What he says is true, from WoW to Rust or ARK and any game that features some level of melee combat (even halo to some extent lol) use all the same strategies. But guess what? MC vanilla is boring because it makes such a basic effort to use these strategies. Then on top of that, exploiting or hacking with a third party program is easy as fuck and unless you have downs, getting caught is near impossible. Looking at my man Chazza.

Plenty of games do a better job at what vanilla mc does and so that is why HC needs to try its best to be different. If you want clicks per second epeen growth, their are plenty of other servers.

I really hope this new era is healthy for HC and Kain. Hopefully people will start realizing the intent to make a more interesting experience rather than a boring clone with magic.

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
. Then on top of that, exploiting or hacking with a third party program is easy as fuck and unless you have downs, getting caught is near impossible. Looking at my man Chazza.
You're making it come across like I closet cheat which I don't, the one time I hacked I flew around the server and killed you in your town which was stupid but also very entertaining. Think what you want doesnt really bother me, looking forward to shitting on you next map :)

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
So enjoying the old mechanics of Minecraft PvP which hundreds of servers with thousands of players still use due to the fact that there would be outcries if they switched makes me suspicious? Sorry I enjoy skillful mechanics bud....
Franky is biggest haxor in da game. Erry body no that. He is the infomas hax0r four chan

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Hels may not have played competitively, but I have. What he says is true, from WoW to Rust or ARK and any game that features some level of melee combat (even halo to some extent lol) use all the same strategies. But guess what? MC vanilla is boring because it makes such a basic effort to use these strategies. Then on top of that, exploiting or hacking with a third party program is easy as fuck and unless you have downs, getting caught is near impossible. Looking at my man Chazza.

Plenty of games do a better job at what vanilla mc does and so that is why HC needs to try its best to be different. If you want clicks per second epeen growth, their are plenty of other servers.

I really hope this new era is healthy for HC and Kain. Hopefully people will start realizing the intent to make a more interesting experience rather than a boring clone with magic.
Maybe Chazza is just a more seasoned competitive gamer than you.

MysticMight

Coder
Architect
Bugs: Geomancer's wall does no damage (push/pull)

I also received this: "There was an error in FlashFreeze, let someone know"

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Lol, this conversation really brings home the HC feel to it all. I commend both sites for their efforts and words that have given me much entertainments!