• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft: Rise of Atlas! (NEW MAP, NEW ERA)

Avoir

Obsidian
Are we bringing back that shitty clicking crap back, I'm out before the server even begins.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Who the fuck cares just click bitches and kill them none of this cps shit, make sure to keep up a solid 210 apm at all times in minecraft lads and its gg

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Pretty suspicious to get salty about taking away any benefits from high cps
I mean there are people who can actually click fast, its not fair to always assume someone who is a fast clicker uses an auto clicker. Also idk where/when this "taking away benefits from 7+ cps" came from, literally nothing has changed in regards to clicking from last map.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
Gold will return to being the main currency in Herocraft
So mining matters again.

Ore regeneration will be removed, this flooded the economy with an unnecessary amount of resources and with no costs to repair items, craft items it only served to reduce the value of resources.
Warp will return to being limited to basic crafter class only. This should encourage more trade and interactions between players.
So the world outside of regions matters again.

The PvP Arena plugin will be present in the new map
So competitive PvP matters again.
Conquest Castles:
  • The Castles will be located further from the Herogates in order to allow defending players some time to regroup before the next fight. This should turn contests over castles into actual fights instead of fights of attrition.
  • Diamond Castle will remain in spawn this castle provides significantly larger bonuses than the other castles thus should be more difficult to capture and hold.
  • The capture cooldown of Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire & Topaz castles will be reduced to an hour and a half (down from 2 hours)
  • The capture cooldown of Diamond Castle will be increased to 10 minutes (up from 1 minute). This should allow players to actually take advantage of the point while still allowing other players to contest it regularly.
  • The capture time of Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire & Topaz castles is being reduced to 3 minutes (down from 5 minutes) Diamond castle will remain unchanged.
So open world PvP is getting re-balanced in a smart direction, making it matter again.

Leveling:
So dungeons matter again

to reduce to reduce
So typoes matter again

Staff Activity:
So staff matters again

We're hoping to have a return of the monthly Discord meetings
So the community matters again

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
So mining matters again.

So the world outside of regions matters again.

So competitive PvP matters again.

So open world PvP is getting re-balanced in a smart direction, making it matter again.

So dungeons matter again

So typoes matter again

So staff matters again

So the community matters again

yes

Avoir

Obsidian
Pretty suspicious to get salty about taking away any benefits from high cps

So enjoying the old mechanics of Minecraft PvP which hundreds of servers with thousands of players still use due to the fact that there would be outcries if they switched makes me suspicious? Sorry I enjoy skillful mechanics bud....

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
So enjoying the old mechanics of Minecraft PvP which hundreds of servers with thousands of players still use due to the fact that there would be outcries if they switched makes me suspicious? Sorry I enjoy skillful mechanics bud....
>Auto-clickers
>Skillful

I don't even need to PvP to know how full of shit your argument is. "Minecraft PvP" has been a internet e-bonics on Herocraft since Sword and Soup was the meta. No one has ever seriously believed that Minecraft PvP was some holy grail of mechanics or skill. Quit being delusional.

There's also more to combat than "skill". There's also something called strategy. The Heroes system, as an RPG combat system, was always intended to allow for strategic play, which means being able to pose problems and provide solutions. I pose the problem of a heavier attack, they provide the solution of a dodge. They pose the problem of a DoT, I provide the solution of a cleanse. You can't really have this exchange when the best option is "smash your face in till you die 'cause I attack at a speed that renders all other mechanics useless." That's a little number called "bad design" and it makes PvP boring.

I think anyone who keeps the health and sustainability of the server in mind would embrace this change rather than childishly clinging to a flawed system that truly only benefits people who use 3rd party tools.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think anyone who keeps the health and sustainability of the server in mind would embrace this change rather than childishly clinging to a flawed system that truly only benefits people who use 3rd party tools.

This.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
>Auto-clickers
>Skillful

I don't even need to PvP to know how full of shit your argument is. "Minecraft PvP" has been a internet e-bonics on Herocraft since Sword and Soup was the meta. No one has ever seriously believed that Minecraft PvP was some holy grail of mechanics or skill. Quit being delusional.

There's also more to combat than "skill". There's also something called strategy. The Heroes system, as an RPG combat system, was always intended to allow for strategic play, which means being able to pose problems and provide solutions. I pose the problem of a heavier attack, they provide the solution of a dodge. They pose the problem of a DoT, I provide the solution of a cleanse. You can't really have this exchange when the best option is "smash your face in till you die 'cause I attack at a speed that renders all other mechanics useless." That's a little number called "bad design" and it makes PvP boring.

Hello police? I'd like to report a murder!

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Well this sounds like a fun update, and I came online yesterday to play a bit. To be honest, it felt a bit like Zeal, without being stopped every 10 seconds due to nocheat. I might consider to come and play through the summer ;)

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
lets take some of the most unskilled pvpers on the server and have them all flame my boy @Avoir for using an autoclicker even though he doesn't!!!! anyone who's been in discord with him can hear the clicks and that shit has slowly ramped up over the years, some people click fast and it's not a huge surprise that the same people he's repeatedly shit on for maps on end are happy that this system is in place !!!

Seriously, my man @HelsEch you're cool but you of all people trying to talk to him about MC PvP mechanics is hysterical, you can break down any game into a serious of clicking and button mashing but the only people who say that Minecraft PvP doesn't take a level of skill relative to the rest of the game has never played the game for it

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
lets take some of the most unskilled pvpers on the server and have them all flame my boy @Avoir for using an autoclicker even though he doesn't!!!! anyone who's been in discord with him can hear the clicks and that shit has slowly ramped up over the years, some people click fast and it's not a huge surprise that the same people he's repeatedly shit on for maps on end are happy that this system is in place !!!

Seriously, my man @HelsEch you're cool but you of all people trying to talk to him about MC PvP mechanics is hysterical, you can break down any game into a serious of clicking and button mashing but the only people who say that Minecraft PvP doesn't take a level of skill relative to the rest of the game has never played the game for it

I understand to a pretty good degree the skill involved in MC PvP. Managing your position and how attacks affect your position, considerations of terrain, execution, all things that are important skills not only in Minecraft PvP, which by the nature of players providing more challenge in general than any native PvE element Minecraft has obviously makes PvP the more skillful part, but also in a variety of other PvP games. To be honest, I play a lot of PvP games. PvP as a subject is something I'm actually very knowledgeable on.

I'll admit to exaggerating MC PvP's lack of value. I also never intended to assume that Avoir himself was using those tool, but that not making the change benefited people who do use them far more than people who are just clicking really fast.

My other points still stand. Skill is not the only element of a PvP game and when it dominates in such a simple and plain way it becomes boring as a competitor and a spectator. Among Herocraft's options, the best choice was hampering the skill ceiling on clicks to make the flashier combat elements on better ground. I also do really hate admitting it, but changes like this make the game more approachable to new players, which helps player retention and thus makes Herocraft more fun for everyone in the long run. You might not be able to spam click your way into the sheer numerical and crowd control advantage, but you'll have more people to fight and befriend, which I think is a decent trade.

I honestly do think it's hysterical I'm talking about MC PvP mechanics. I also think it's hilarious how close I am to being right.

P.S. I do admit to this being a skill ceiling cap, but it is a rather light one. Very few players should be able to flexibly and naturally hit 7 cps in any given situation. Keeping under this cps, which shouldn't be a hard thing to do, will also help with the health of the fingers.

Much Love,
HelsEch

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I understand to a pretty good degree the skill involved in MC PvP. Managing your position and how attacks affect your position, considerations of terrain, execution, all things that are important skills not only in Minecraft PvP, which by the nature of players providing more challenge in general than any native PvE element Minecraft has obviously makes PvP the more skillful part, but also in a variety of other PvP games. To be honest, I play a lot of PvP games. PvP as a subject is something I'm actually very knowledgeable on.

I'll admit to exaggerating MC PvP's lack of value. I also never intended to assume that Avoir himself was using those tool, but that not making the change benefited people who do use them far more than people who are just clicking really fast.

My other points still stand. Skill is not the only element of a PvP game and when it dominates in such a simple and plain way it becomes boring as a competitor and a spectator. Among Herocraft's options, the best choice was hampering the skill ceiling on clicks to make the flashier combat elements on better ground. I also do really hate admitting it, but changes like this make the game more approachable to new players, which helps player retention and thus makes Herocraft more fun for everyone in the long run. You might not be able to spam click your way into the sheer numerical and crowd control advantage, but you'll have more people to fight and befriend, which I think is a decent trade.

I honestly do think it's hysterical I'm talking about MC PvP mechanics. I also think it's hilarious how close I am to being right.

P.S. I do admit to this being a skill ceiling cap, but it is a rather light one. Very few players should be able to flexibly and naturally hit 7 cps in any given situation. Keeping under this cps, which shouldn't be a hard thing to do, will also help with the health of the fingers.

Much Love,
HelsEch
You are relatively funny, have you played competitive mc pvp? Do you know all the tactics used to gain an advantage? Shift sprint? W tap? S tap? Circle strafe?