• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft: Rise of Atlas! (NEW MAP, NEW ERA)

Dewyn

Retired Staff
There's honestly no benefit to clicking more than ~3-4 cps (go click a mob for a while, you'll see why), anything above 5 is excessive anyway. 5 gives you some room for misses.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think the only thing I can agree with is that diamond/emerald blocks are too high, but I think everything else is more than reasonable. Just to prove my point, I went mining, which I haven't seriously done in years, and to address the rest of your reagent concerns I got: 39 iron blocks, 20 lapis blocks, countless cobblestone, and 95 gold.

This is just me by myself, and I only used 5 iron pickaxes, and I made good progress towards those upgrades just by me mining for an hour and a half. Besides the requirements for basic materials (lapis, diamond, iron, stone, cobble), the other requirements are also very reasonable. I understand conquest points aren't up right now, but if your town captures one of those, farming essence of battle+ the other requirements will not take long at all. Even if you are not interested in contesting a conquest point, you can always purchase the township items from other towns that are interested.

"These sorts of requirements do not promote long term player interest, but rather promote players to find another server. "
I think it does quite the opposite actually. If you could meet all the township requirements quickly, what is your long term interest? I think having harder townships requirements than last map give people a purpose in logging in, something to do.

I also don't think you understand how much the t1 township offers for such a low cost. For only 25 coins, which you can make just by voting, you and your friends have access to an entire chunk of space. Now granted, that does not encourage players to build the nicest looking buildings from the start, but t1 is just the very minimum, we want you to actively be seeking to upgrade.

Upgrading a township is a group process, if you can't meet these measly requirements in the group you currently have I would consider opening up to other players or joining a larger group. But yes, I can understand about the diamond/emerald requirements and will definitely lower those.

All of this is 100% correct.

Last two maps had almost no requirements to making a town so we saw a billion towns with a pitiful population that didn't last and only a few large towns run by vets. With these requirements big towns and successful/powerful towns will be one in the same like it used to be when the requirements were insane back in the day. Future ghost towns won't get past tier 1 so the towns that WANT to be big will have an EASY time getting people to sign up and do the things

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I haven't played minecraft in 2~ years, and I still easily get 7+ cps. In the dungeon it seemed the most effective for me to click like 3 times per second, which is way too low imo. And yes, being able to click fast does take 'skill', it's not the only thing that matters of course, but it's something people practice and try to get good at.

It's harder to maintain fast clicking whilst casting all your spells at the right time/target, than it does not left clicking and casting your spells. Saying 'but we have spells' doesn't invalidate clicking being nerfed too hard atm. You should be left clicking and casting spells at the same time, not just doing one or the other.

Winning in PVP should be the result of a combination of 'skills' someone has, their technical skills (left clicking, movement. aim for attacks/skills), knowing when to cast their skills, and overall strategic insight by using the terrain etc other factors.

It doesn't make sense to nerf one of those factors that go into PVP by saying 'but you have skills', since of course knowing how to use your skills is important, nobody ever said they weren't.

If we're modeling the map around Bastion, then limiting clicking to this degree isn't being very truthful to that, either.

https://a.uguu.se/IPfrVUo7a2C8_2017-05-14_14-06-13.mkv vid of me clicking on a random site I googled.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I haven't played minecraft in 2~ years, and I still easily get 7+ cps. In the dungeon it seemed the most effective for me to click like 3 times per second, which is way too low imo. And yes, being able to click fast does take 'skill', it's not the only thing that matters of course, but it's something people practice and try to get good at.

It's harder to maintain fast clicking whilst casting all your spells at the right time/target, than it does not left clicking and casting your spells. Saying 'but we have spells' doesn't invalidate clicking being nerfed too hard atm. You should be left clicking and casting spells at the same time, not just doing one or the other.

Winning in PVP should be the result of a combination of 'skills' someone has, their technical skills (left clicking, movement. aim for attacks/skills), knowing when to cast their skills, and overall strategic insight by using the terrain etc other factors.

It doesn't make sense to nerf one of those factors that go into PVP by saying 'but you have skills', since of course knowing how to use your skills is important, nobody ever said they weren't.

If we're modeling the map around Bastion, then limiting clicking to this degree isn't being very truthful to that, either.

https://a.uguu.se/IPfrVUo7a2C8_2017-05-14_14-06-13.mkv vid of me clicking on a random site I googled.
+1

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!

Truth

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Also, getting a high CPS isn't hard, but you must really work them fingers if you can consistently hit it when you need to.