• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft OST progress page

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I have begun writing an original soundtrack for Herocraft! Listen to my WIP music and give some feedback on how I might be able to make it better, suggest a theme of a piece I may write, and just good ole opinion on how it's going! Thanks for reading and listening, hope you enjoy it :)

P.S. if you a skilled musician and are interested in helping write music, come on in and maybe you can do some recording of the parts, also!

*click on song names to listen to them*

*songs are either (WIP) work in progress, (Concept) idea for song, (F) finished or (A) almost done.
Songs:
(WIP)Ghaupnhikp (pronounced gop-nik-p) - first song in the OST, kind of battle/village music combined
Songs Composed by Me:
[WIP]The Magic Lands

A piece I started but haven't finished yet. The lands of magic and strange stuff.
[F]The Wilderness
The unpredictable, always moving wilderness. Pretty much complete.
[D]The Great Plains of Haven
A peaceful moving tune that can be looped to go on forever by cutting off the end measure and just repeating from the beginning. It put me in plains for some reason. Probably because it didn't sound like a battle scene. It could easily be a peaceful forest or town.
[WIP]Haven
Not nearly complete, but so far I think it's the best I've composed so far.
Songs I Think Are Good Enough For HC By Me:
[M]= Maybe [D]= Definitely this thing is the best
[M]The Wilderness
[D]The Great Plains of Haven
[D]Haven
First things first, I'm extremely critical in my thinking and I mean no harm or offense by my post.

These songs give me a really oldschool feel while feeling very Runescape-y. That can be good or bad depending on what you are going for. While I think it may just be the site, most of the time the notes are very ear piercing and loud. I found myself fumbling around with the volume most times.

Weikauno, your song is fairly decent, I enjoyed it. Though Heroguy, your tracks all sound very similar and very high pitch. I did like "The Magic Lands" once it kicked in. I'm very interested to see how that one develops :D.

Herocraft would be well suited to a soundtrack. Keep up on the practice and maybe even some pro-level software and you will be making HC more lively :p.
Holy crap that site rocks my friggin socks. I had to write a song, haha:
[WIP] Ballad of the Loremaster
This is a great example of complexity. I am a bit surprised to see you pump out a song in 4 hours like that Alator lol. Very good.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
This is a great example of complexity. I am a bit surprised to see you pump out a song in 4 hours like that Alator lol. Very good.

It took about 2, but thanks! I need to think of something new to write, heh. But for now, I go home! This project was a nice perk of being alone at the office today. :D

Weikauno

Coder
First things first, I'm extremely critical in my thinking and I mean no harm or offense by my post.

These songs give me a really oldschool feel while feeling very Runescape-y. That can be good or bad depending on what you are going for. While I think it may just be the site, most of the time the notes are very ear piercing and loud. I found myself fumbling around with the volume most times.

Weikauno, your song is fairly decent, I enjoyed it. Though Heroguy, your tracks all sound very similar and very high pitch. I did like "The Magic Lands" once it kicked in. I'm very interested to see how that one develops :D.

Herocraft would be well suited to a soundtrack. Keep up on the practice and maybe even some pro-level software and you will be making HC more lively :p.

the issue about the quality of the sound will not be a problem once we record actual instruments playing this stuff. The preview given by the music writing program is pretty bad quality, I agree. I have a lot of musician friends IRL, and each instrument is covered by at least one of those people, so it won't be computer generated at all, except for that beginning measure for the trumpet, since it's impossible to play that low, lol. We're doing it old fashioned with real instruments, and that'll make it sound sweet. We're just using that program to write the music and share samples. :)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
the issue about the quality of the sound will not be a problem once we record actual instruments playing this stuff. The preview given by the music writing program is pretty bad quality, I agree. I have a lot of musician friends IRL, and each instrument is covered by at least one of those people, so it won't be computer generated at all, except for that beginning measure for the trumpet, since it's impossible to play that low, lol. We're doing it old fashioned with real instruments, and that'll make it sound sweet. We're just using that program to write the music and share samples. :)
That sounds amazing hahaha

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
I kind of want to foot the bill to hear what the songs sound like with high-quality instruments, not the basic crappy ones.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
spooky old church, or peaceful old church?
Peaceful

Edit: not a bad start, i don't know the range of instruments the program offers but is there a way that it could sound more soothing/peaceful not sure what instruments you would used that for.

Last edited:

Weikauno

Coder
Peaceful

Edit: not a bad start, i don't know the range of instruments the program offers but is there a way that it could sound more soothing/peaceful not sure what instruments you would used that for.
it's just the cheap electrical sound of computer generated instruments, it'll sound more soothing and peaceful with real instruments. Many problems will be fixed when we record real instruments.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
it's just the cheap electrical sound of computer generated instruments, it'll sound more soothing and peaceful with real instruments. Many problems will be fixed when we record real instruments.
I am honestly giddy at the thought of how a Herocraft soundtrack would be, especially on real instruments.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Are all the songs going to sound old timey? No modern twists?
I'll be making some different styled songs sometime later, maybe a day, maybe two, who knows, I'll do it soon. I might do a modern twist too. I don't know about everyone else who's writing songs.

Weikauno

Coder
Are all the songs going to sound old timey? No modern twists?
there will be modern type pieces, the ones I have made so far sound old timey because that's just what was on my mind at the moment.

edit: side note, the songs sound a lot different when they're played on real instruments with specific things put in that the computer program doesn't do so well, such as dynamics(the volume of the part), and articulations(how the notes are played, such as short and accented, or long and smooth.)

-ghaupnhikp will sound more like modern orchestral pieces and less old timey once all the parts have been put together.

Last edited:

Ultanian

Portal
I'll be making some different styled songs sometime later, maybe a day, maybe two, who knows, I'll do it soon. I might do a modern twist too. I don't know about everyone else who's writing songs.
Oh cool, maybe I could try to remix, I've been learning how to use fruity loops studio and this would be a great chance to try!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think I'm going to give a list of the "area" music - you guys up for the task? I can give a single word description for the music...

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
I think once we get a good collection of finished music, I'll upgrade my account. We can put all of the songs we want to use in our resource pack on it and I'll upgrade all of the instruments.

(By sending me a song, you are agreeing to release any copyright to Herocraft, etc.)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Update on the Magic Lands
Thoughts?
Also, Update to Song List Thingy
Removed Wilderness from songs I think are good enough. I'll probably make another song similar but more awesome.
Added Magic Lands to songs I think are good enough because I like how it's happening. The update's above, so check that out and give feedback.
I think the tempo change is a bit too much and some of the notes at the end, end abruptly. Otherwise, its good :D

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
New Song Vast
A happy song celebrating the great expanse of land free for us to explore and enjoy. WIP

Last edited: