• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 4.0 - A new hope! Sept 7th

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
My solution to this is to change the no pvp thing to the users first 24 hours of gameplay(or however long seems fair) to no pvp instead of til level 10. This way people can't just sit under level 10. Just an idea :p
Nope, we won't be doing time based PVP-OFF.

chrisxzpyro

Stone
Its pretty bullshit how a player under level 10 can just go on your property, steal everything from your chests, destroy all of your crops (down to the stems of your melon / pumpkin), kill your animals, and loiter around taunt you because you can't do anything about it.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Its pretty bullshit how a player under level 10 can just go on your property, steal everything from your chests, destroy all of your crops (down to the stems of your melon / pumpkin), kill your animals, and loiter around taunt you because you can't do anything about it.

This.
The only way for <level 10 PVP-OFF to work, really, is to have them unable to open chests, grief blocks or do just about anything... which is worse than being killed because they're PVP-ON.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I think 24-48 hr would be nice, but the coding it would require isnt worth our time when we already have min-level coded.

Perhaps, but while time-based PVP-OFF is quite difficult to exploit, level based is easy to. It might not be worth time now but if things go wrong and people end up exploiting it, it'll be likely to lead to the min-level configuration just being removed altogether - and then we have nothing to stop newcomers from being assaulted like they are now.

TwoWattWaffle

Legacy Supporter 3
Perhaps, but while time-based PVP-OFF is quite difficult to exploit, level based is easy to. It might not be worth time now but if things go wrong and people end up exploiting it, it'll be likely to lead to the min-level configuration just being removed altogether - and then we have nothing to stop newcomers from being assaulted like they are now.

The real question is, who would want to never level up and spend their days exploiting like that?

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
This seems appropriate, I think, given the new situation. X HOURS REMAIN

Northac

Obsidian
ahh poo, i am so loseing motivation to finish my current build. although i am looking forward to making a new citadel for myself. i just hope i can go out farther and not get the "You have reached the end of this world" message a bunch. It got kinda hard to find a seculeded spot to build.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm glad Mayor titles were brough back, I remember i had [Mayor] back in Zeal xD

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I remember when Aphy stuffed up my [Count] title (Back when we had those instead of [Mayor] and then [Nothing]) and accidentally made my name dark gray...

..so everyone got excited and I got into elite chat and people thought I was a donor and I felt special :D
Then Kain found out.