• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 4.0 - A new hope! Sept 7th

PCmonkey11

Legacy Supporter 3
This is almost as bad as the servers going down for 1-2 weeks because there is no motive to play. plus lots of bugs and glitches.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
This is almost as bad as the servers going down for 1-2 weeks because there is no motive to play. plus lots of bugs and glitches.

Means active forums and hype for the new map wipe - that's why wipes are never announced until just before. Any less than 2 weeks would've been too little notice, any more would've drained down activity a lot.

So, I'm happy! :p

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
How valuable will the Emeralds be, if they are going to replace gold? I'd say they would be like 50-100c, after reading the MC Wiki page about Emeralds. IMO would be a good idea for the new map, that you kill every Villager that spawns in the map and break down the villages, and make Emerald very rare by that.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
How valuable will the Emeralds be, if they are going to replace gold? I'd say they would be like 50-100c, after reading the MC Wiki page about Emeralds. IMO would be a good idea for the new map, that you kill every Villager that spawns in the map and break down the villages, and make Emerald very rare by that.

What happens when there are no emeralds left?

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Everything listed seems AWESOME, apart from emeralds they are hard to aquire by mining as in jungle biomes (where they are mostly found) they only come in deposits of one. As for trading with villagers, people may kill them to ruin the economy. The soloution i see to this is to make villagers invincible and also maybe region the village itself. Personally i think leaving it gold would be better because it gives you a reason to mine gold and gold is pretty low on its uses.

People have said that emeralds are easilly aquired because you can just trade with a villager but first you would have to find the village and get the items they ask you for.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think the no pvp for <lvl10 is a great idea. The likelyhood of people using it to troll is low and if they do they will probably end up being banned. Anyone who would spend their pvp free time trolling instead of using it to build/level in peace I think we could do without anyway

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I think the no pvp for <lvl10 is a great idea. The likelyhood of people using it to troll is low and if they do they will probably end up being banned. Anyone who would spend their pvp free time trolling instead of using it to build/level in peace I think we could do without anyway

As a town member I think any <level 10 would be quite happy to bring his high-level friends supplies or attack with lever lava traps against enemies who are raiding. Banning for involving in PVP while in PVP-OFF would be a nightmare to enforce, too.

It just doesn't work out - and it's hard to say 'only a few people will do it' because those few will be hugely exploited.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
@Kainzo has decreased the amount of time it takes to level. If you play the game normally ie build, hunt mobs, it should only take a few days or a week tops to reach level 10 in something. A player would pretty much have to do nothing except wait around for these opportunities to arise in order to exploit this. Running around during a raid and picking up dropped supplies for the one week you cant die doesn't sound like abuse.

However if someone intentionally stays low level so they can troll around raiding towns and destroying crops knowing they can't be stopped they can be and probably should be banned.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
What happens when there are no emeralds left?
Emeralds are a renewable resource, you could find a village, region it, and box the testificates in their houses allowing you to trade with them whenever you want. This would also mean glowstone would be a renewable resource. So really if you get your hands on some villagers you can monopolize some things very easily.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Emeralds are a renewable resource, you could find a village, region it, and box the testificates in their houses allowing you to trade with them whenever you want. This would also mean glowstone would be a renewable resource. So really if you get your hands on some villagers you can monopolize some things very easily.

I know this. What MultiHeartGold suggestes was NO villages/villagers, only emeralds underground. I don't think this will work at all, because quickly all emeralds would be mined out. Having villagers walking around randomly, in my eyes, wouldn't work either. They'd probably get killed or stolen, making it impossible for normal players to get emeralds! :(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo has decreased the amount of time it takes to level. If you play the game normally ie build, hunt mobs, it should only take a few days or a week tops to reach level 10 in something. A player would pretty much have to do nothing except wait around for these opportunities to arise in order to exploit this. Running around during a raid and picking up dropped supplies for the one week you cant die doesn't sound like abuse.

However if someone intentionally stays low level so they can troll around raiding towns and destroying crops knowing they can't be stopped they can be and probably should be banned.
You can lava / fire or train mobs to kill them.

I'm glad Mayor titles were brough back, I remember i had [Mayor] back in Zeal xD
Auto-Mayor titles are having issues and @Sleaker has disabled them atm - we'll have to test them more.