• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 dev notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraRona

Portal
Either an increased price on LWCs (preferably 1000) or removing them altogether. If we go with the former, we need to find a way to fix the amount of LWCs townships get along with the price they get them for.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is a hardcore server - not a mindless griefing server - LWC's are a risk vs reward system. If you want to play a lawless / anarchy server there are many out there to play on. This, however, is not one of them.

Take your mindless subjective banter elsewhere, it is not welcomed here on this thread.

Cheers!

Spicycheez

Portal
Look Kainzo, I'm not saying remove all lwcs nor am I saying remove regions. All I'm saying is that lwcs have become too easy to get nowadays.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
Ok this is how it's going down kain has explained this numerous times. If you kill people you get xp for your combat class. if you mine you lvl your crafter. End of story now shut up!!!!!

skyboy49707

Obsidian
Kain, If were a pvp class will we have to level through the crafter class and then our specd crafter? or Will we just get to choose our crafter class?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Kain, If were a pvp class will we have to level through the crafter class and then our specd crafter? or Will we just get to choose our crafter class?

I'm not Kainzo, but you'll need to level through the crafter class, same as you'd need to level warrior or rogue, before you can choose a spec.

meh1002

TNT
I must say that this looks like a change that will benefit fighter classes rather than crafters. The theory behind this (at least I think) is that crafters will gain increased protection and fighting ability, while fighters gain crafter abilities. The issue I think is that crafters would only have stayed crafter if they had no real intentions of fighting in the first place and as such they avoid fights. To a fighter this is just an added bonus, while as a crafter this is taking away that which made them unique in the first place and giving them a skillset they never really wanted to have. As a fighter I do like it, but I hope that people understand why this would be disheartening to crafters.

Edit: I suggest crafters who only want to craft go for dragoon or wizard for the mobility and utility which will actually help them overall if they don't really care about fighting
for shure, i became a crafter because i had no interest in fighting. if you can take the crap everyone dishes out, then respec

meh1002

TNT
also, if you are a fighter, and get a crafter profession. can you make lifts, place redstone, use pistons, and make chest shops, because if you can then the crafter class becomes obsolete

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
also, if you are a fighter, and get a crafter profession. can you make lifts, place redstone, use pistons, and make chest shops, because if you can then the crafter class becomes obsolete

You... haven't actually read the thread, have you?

Long story short, everyone will have one combat class and one profession. the profession is the crafter class- those who were already crafters will still be crafters, but now have access to the combat classes for simultaneous use and levelling. Likewise, will people who are combat classes gain the ability to level crafter classes as well. Everyone gets access both skills, if they're willing to work at it, it's just now people will spend less money jumping back and forth between combat and crafter specs.

Everyone will still have to put time into levelling their profession as they would any other class. Also anyone can place redstone, that's not just a crafter thing.

meh1002

TNT
i did read the thread, i was just unsure, and i meant readstone repeaters
-also, i dont know if you thought of this but you may want to make it so that people dont get money back from destroying chest shops created before this patch. otherwise i would just spam shops before the patch, and then take them down for cash later

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
I like this cause it brings some creativeity again but I imagine you will get a shot load redstone clocks. =_=

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
What are you planning on doing with potions and enchantments? Will they be utilized in the near future?

Patch notes look awesome by the way, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.