• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Happy Bday Herocraft - Bonus EXP & Patch 4.04!

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
So, my wife and Mine's Birthday is Oct 6th, and our Anniversary is Oct 2nd, so we usually just kinda lump our presents to each other into one for each, or one together big present. I already got her a present (3 in fact) so she asked me what I wanted. I pulled up this thread, pointed to the radiation symbol for $150, and said "that."

So, my Anniversary Present is to send an Anniversary Present to this lovely community where I have made my Minecraft home for almost 2 years now.

Once she sees the diamond earrings I got her though, she might insist I try for Top Donor, lol.
You are a scholar and a gentleman

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I may donate $150 by Friday and if I fell like it maybe I will try to get top donor

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
MattTrip and Weynard battling for the top spots.

Going to add a special prefix for over $400. You guys are just nuts, fyi.

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
I am an old donator, ive almost been around for 2 years. I still donate because i love this server and couldnt play on any other. You do realize that after a while even if you are an old donator you loose the perk that allows you always get on server even if its full. So something like this isnt milking money its just something for people to look forward to for donating.

@weynard you jerk ass!!!

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I wish I had enough money to throw around to get the top spot. Take my $20 and be done with it!

Here's hoping I win the lottery on Friday!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Lol, I still don't understand why old donators won't receive anything for this event. Without us this server would be running straight from your wallet.

Wait are you serious? I donated $100 dollars because I loved this server. It's just sad we aren't getting anything but new donors are receiving special emblems. Again like I said above, without old donors this server would be running straight from Kainzos wallet.
I see what you're saying, but there are two sides of the coin. I mostly donated again because Kain lured me with that darned arrow suffix...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
if this were to happen, no old donators like @weynard or @MatTripp would donate again
Not true, both of these people have donated over the top of tiers "just to support" Herocraft.
Lol, I still don't understand why old donators won't receive anything for this event. Without us this server would be running straight from your wallet.

Wait are you serious? I donated $100 dollars because I loved this server. It's just sad we aren't getting anything but new donors are receiving special emblems. Again like I said above, without old donors this server would be running straight from Kainzos wallet.
Be thankful that Herocraft has such a great donation system that isnt geared towards pay2win or "greedy" hosting.
Your donate you keep "amount" for life - unlike some servers who charge monthly "subscriptions" or expiring donations.

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
if this were to happen, no old donators like @weynard or @MatTripp would donate again

Nah dude, when i came back for the new map since i wasnt busy with work. I instantly donated to T8 just because i havent donated in so long. I donate to help the server because i enjoy it and i want it to be everything that it is for more years to come. I dont donate just for the perks (even if they are cool).

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm sorry but the donating titles seem a bit stupid (couldn't think of a different way to describe it). Why can't old donators who supported the server to buy its new software and keep the server running get these? Just seems like a time for the server to milk money from new players and not give anything back to the old donators.

Spoken like someone who's never had to pay a MONTHLY bill before, at least for something as expensive as a 250 person gaming server, and all the high-speed bandwidth and graphics capabilities that requires. How about you shop around at some ISPs and see how much it costs to keep a game like this up and running every single day (not even counting the hours put in every single day).

Also spoken like someone who's never contributed to a charity before. When you make a contribution to any other cause, you don't get their donor rewards every single year. You get it for that round of service. For example, donating to public radio only gets you that one round's worth of benefits during the fund-drive. You don't get the book, t-shirt, tote-bag, or flash-drive of episodes of your favorite show every year from then on. You get it once. If you want the new donor perk the next drive, you donate again.

Quit bitching, and count yourself blessed that Chief even lets you keep your Tier status longer than 1 year for your one-time contribution, as the vast majority of places do not. You technically didn't lose anything and are no worse off than you were previous to this week's fund-drive.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I have a feeling that a lot of people are missunderstanding the term of "donating".
:kainzo:

Don't get me wrong, if my credit card would work online I would have donated ages ago. Just some people like me, or EtKEnn for an example can't donate. But hey, if the server still is around in two years, count me in for a donation!