• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GW2 Beta + Pre-Purchase Info!

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I enjoyed ranger/ritualist. However I started the game as a warrior/healer and played through the inital game as that. Pretty much the closest you could get to a tank while being a warrior. (55hp monks <_<)

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Going Warrior for sure, probably more so tanky DPS than the other way around, again the 2H hammer will be for me ensuring I can make those AoE slows and stuns etc. Back in GW1 I tanked with my W/R (using purely Warrior skills + elites), I used to be pure DPS but didn't have that much fun in comparison to tanking, I guess it was because tanking was more cruise control and was vital blocking those enemies and stuff, dropping to like ~100hp then using skills to tank and not dropping any further (obviously with the help of your other team mates, healing and buffing etc).

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
What's close to either a 2handed Dreadknight/Ret Paladin? - I haven't read up at all about anything

Guardian is the closest thing to a holy warrior, and wears heavy armor. Uses a mix of physical and magical attacks, as well as placing Symbols on the ground that buff allies and damage enemies. 2-handed weapons they use are Greatsword, Hammer, and Staff (yes, a warrior-class with a staff).

useful links:
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/guardian/
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guardian

Video of a mid-level Asuran Guardian from an older convention Demo by TotalBiscuit. If you watch through the videos, it actually introduces a lot of the mechanics of the game, such as the Dynamic event system, underwater weapons, level scaling, etc.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I hope GW2 has a story more like the base guild wars. I hated the expansions story, but I fell in love with the base game from presearing alone. The expansions just didn't have back story or depth :(

I wonder if air guitar, dancing, etc. will make an appearance......

Warrior's humping disco dance as a charr hahaha. Brutalacerate for you right there ;)

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I liked it because its GW aha but I felt like it just lacked in story. New content, skills, professions are all awesome but I felt like playing through the expansions wasn't as fun. Probably just not enough new mechanics to break the monotony.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I liked it because its GW aha but I felt like it just lacked in story. New content, skills, professions are all awesome but I felt like playing through the expansions wasn't as fun. Probably just not enough new mechanics to break the monotony.

GW2 is all about the story so don't worry there, it all starts with the biography at character creation which will determine the foundations of your story.

Nicoli20

Iron
I love everything about Guild Wars 2! If DH is having a guild, count me in! Also, some more info on the upcoming betas here. It's going to be similar to the Beta Weekends from the original Guild Wars I believe.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Ah yeah E3 for everyone! I hope they have cool ways of ending the beta events like they did with GW1. Death by Gwen!

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I love everything about Guild Wars 2! If DH is having a guild, count me in! Also, some more info on the upcoming betas here. It's going to be similar to the Beta Weekends from the original Guild Wars I believe.

Only a few months away from it, can't wait. My clan hopes to take GW2 by its reigns :p

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
what you mean "E3 for everyone"?

Back when GW1 was in development, Arena Net held an 'E3 for Everyone' event during the E3 conference, where they had the demo active for everyone to try out; at the convention as well as the people at home. The continued this over a series of weekends. Instead of releasing a demo of the entire game, players were allowed to play a specific region each weekend, to help focus content in one area and force players to actually test the game instead of running all over the map trying to see everything at once.