• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

For the Zeal Vets

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I've been gone for god knows how long. I actually ran into an old sanctum friend on reddit and we both thought we'd come check out herocraft during the summer again. I logged in today and Shadownub's post was the first thing that popped up. I just wanted to say reading all of your posts were very nostalgic for me because of how many friends I made during that map and how much of a blast it was for me. Zeal was up there for me, a bit rage inducing for me a lot of the time but still, my profound love for PvP at the time kept me lovin' the game. I'll post some pictures later, I'm driving home and don't have any access.

I was thinking maybe I might start playing again, are there still a lot of Dragongarde and Zeal guys who play? I feel like I would struggle to start off but I'd be more likely to stay if I were with some of those old pals. Are TC still active? Haha they never seemed like they were gonna die.
Well, long time no see Greek! :D

I think a good number still play, though I couldn't say who or from what era, the people tend to bleed over in my memory for maps. :p And TC, hmm. with how much they've changed and stuff I'm not sure if it'll be the TC that you were used to all the time.

Good to see that you may come back. ;)

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I've been gone for god knows how long. I actually ran into an old sanctum friend on reddit and we both thought we'd come check out herocraft during the summer again. I logged in today and Shadownub's post was the first thing that popped up. I just wanted to say reading all of your posts were very nostalgic for me because of how many friends I made during that map and how much of a blast it was for me. Zeal was up there for me, a bit rage inducing for me a lot of the time but still, my profound love for PvP at the time kept me lovin' the game. I'll post some pictures later, I'm driving home and don't have any access.

I was thinking maybe I might start playing again, are there still a lot of Dragongarde and Zeal guys who play? I feel like I would struggle to start off but I'd be more likely to stay if I were with some of those old pals. Are TC still active? Haha they never seemed like they were gonna die.

TC has changed almost completely once again. c12 isn't even the leader of it now. But yes I guess you could say "tc" is active.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
TC has changed almost completely once again. c12 isn't even the leader of it now. But yes I guess you could say "tc" is active.

mhmm, but the changes from the second generation to this third generation TC isn't as bad from the OGs to the second generation :p

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2

Welcome back Greek, I must say I've missed having you around! :)
There has been a lot of Zealers coming back lately this summer. I'm actually quite glad so many did, when it comes to the general HC term/guild "tc", it's basically dead - only the name carries on.

Fyi, I'm quite sure Dielan9999 would want you in Oasis. *wink wink*

(Btw, you've probably gotten 10 tags in the "Share your EDM" thread :p)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Welcome back Greek, I must say I've missed having you around! :)
There has been a lot of Zealers coming back lately this summer. I'm actually quite glad so many did, when it comes to the general HC term/guild "tc", it's basically dead - only the name carries on.

Fyi, I'm quite sure Dielan9999 would want you in Oasis. *wink wink*

(Btw, you've probably gotten 10 tags in the "Share your EDM" thread :p)

I think victim130 would be the one that wants him in Oasis the most :p

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Alot of veterans are still around Greek, but the world has changed.

Instead of people going out of their communities and making new friends and alliances, everybody stays isolated and does one of few things:

1. Arrange 10 v 10 teamfights (this is new)
  2. Raid towns that usually don't have enough people online to fight back (not different from before LOL)
  3. Loot sleeping towns (my favorite :D)

Gone are the days when someone would betray an alliance and half of the entire server would rally to their aid (Like the battle of Ironpass) and have an entire battle that lasts the entire day. Also gone are the days when a town (such as North Reach) can defend itself from raiders for days on end where pvp is relatively constant (i blame this one on not having no-pvp regions in town halls anymore). In today's age, everybody can only depend on their internal community. It's quite sad.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Alot of veterans are still around Greek, but the world has changed.

Instead of people going out of their communities and making new friends and alliances, everybody stays isolated and does one of few things:

1. Arrange 10 v 10 teamfights (this is new)
  2. Raid towns that usually don't have enough people online to fight back (not different from before LOL)
  3. Loot sleeping towns (my favorite :D)
Gone are the days when someone would betray an alliance and half of the entire server would rally to their aid (Like the battle of Ironpass) and have an entire battle that lasts the entire day. Also gone are the days when a town (such as North Reach) can defend itself from raiders for days on end where pvp is relatively constant (i blame this one on not having no-pvp regions in town halls anymore). In today's age, everybody can only depend on their internal community. It's quite sad.
The Siege of Shiroku <3[DOUBLEPOST=1372388296][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Greek is welcome always :p.

madsplatter

Diamond
I think I'm a bit late but don't want to pass up an opportunity to reminisce. I can't say I've really "played" Herocraft since the end of Zeal, so I can't really compare how things were to how they are now, but I stand firmly in the fact that Zeal is among my best gaming memories ever.

Spire started as this idea that Shadownub and I came up with one day, I'm pretty sure formulated out of boredom and wishful thinking. I don't know if Shadow feels the same way, but the idea of having a town always seemed like a crazy pipe dream to me. Sure it'd be cool, but 7,500c sounded so impossible I couldn't even fathom it. We made an effort to get going on it towards the end of Sanctum, but essentially abandoned all efforts when rumor of a map wipe came. In the month leading up to the wipe and the beginning of Zeal, we gathered a ton of people, the vast majority from Uberstrike, such as Leeness The_Player_189 whiteninja1970 etc etc. I was the SiC, Shadow was the mayor, and we set out on a seemingly impossible task.

Like a lot of good things, Herocraft took a while to grow on me. At first, I found it too complicated, overwhelming, far preferring a more vanilla Minecraft. As such, my presence as SiC in Spire for the first month or so was very underwhelming. I did not help much at all with the clearing for the structure, and mainly chilled in Spire's infamous mine homes. It wasn't until shadow was banned for speedhacking (a whole other story entirely) that I was forced to engage myself more as a leader, and mayor of Spire. Although it was hard given I didn't love the gameplay much, I made myself put in the time to continue this far-fetched dream. It wasn't long until I was completely, hopelessly hooked. It didn't even matter to me that Spire was the entirety of Herocraft's punching bag. While Ironpass was a looming capital, Spire was making slow progress on clearing for their town. Raids were daily, expected even, and few, if any towns were dumb enough to ally with us. For at least the first two months of our existence, we were pretty pathetic, and I honestly loved it.

Anyways, in the time that followed, shadow got unbanned, we somehow got city (go figure), and we expanded to three new towns with the help of pandaman7 heylookitskyle Sigpit nafets121 Troppics. We were no longer the laughing stock of Herocraft, although I'm sure we weren't nearly as powerful (or myself nearly as important) as I remember.

Since I can't really put all of this into a flowing narrative, here's some cool things I remember:

-Making Horizon with nafets121 and dalton10 . The town's creation was cut off with the introduction of Dragon, but damn, it was pretty hot while it lasted.
-West road wars. I was always ALWAYS trash at PvP, although I'm sure I bragged otherwise. That didn't stop me from enjoying literally countless hours of pointless pvp there that never solved anything. JZillifro Acherous
-The Academy. You guys were super cool and definitely one of the few lasting contacts with HC I have. Dielan9999 TheMormon Oh and Dielan, thanks for showing my Shin Kyoto. My favorite town to this day, and Neotetro I don't think you remember this, or me for that matter, but early in Zeal you gave me a tour of D101 and that was amazing.

I know I'm 100% forgetting a TON of people but yeah, that's pretty much it. Apologies for the wall of text, and I realize most of you likely don't remember me, or for that matter care but I think it was pretty fun to write down some memories.

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Short accounts of large events from a small actor:

During one of several largely successful raids on New Coal Harbor (one of the best pirate-y themed towns of all HC history) a certain Engineer (remember combat OR crafter specs not both) decided to sleep in a bed inside one of the houses. He was then blockaded inside and kept as a pet until such time as the gods delivered him from what was deemed an overly cruel punishment. Meanwhile Tisha etc. were playing with their pet by alternately throwing bread and fireballs into the small house where he was trapped.

I can't remember the name either but he was a friend of a friend and was freaking out on TS lol. Pretty sure they mounted a small raid to try to save him and failed.

"Did I mention that I, Domitius and Thunderjolt were the only wizards at the time? Fun times, I mainly used my powerful skills to roast animals. I spent about 3 hours every night, running in the wild leveling. That usually gave me one level.."

I was also a Wizard on Zeal. :p

Shadownub Spire was a pretty cool town, I remember going on a few raids, that ended up with no way in, except for the one time we discovered your town members leaving a way open in the tunnels under your town. I was considering joining at one point, but you were not accepting any casters for lore reasons. Said the bloodMAGE :p

kevinlive I remember the Zeal days, they were pretty fun. I started out being a hermit like I usually do most maps, and ended up being recruited by the SSS. Originally I was assigned to a town with TrinityDown but I got transferred to Olympus. Thats when problems started with NorthReach and Killumanti haha :) When you guys broke into town did you see the giant empty area under the mountain? After our mayor went MIA I joined Orion, I had some of my best PvP memories fighting N.R. & Killmuntai. tishabisha and her homing fireballs... Domitius was one of the coolest guys I ever met, also one of the only 3 wizards at the time. I remember that "bolt" guy! I think he did go on to become a Mod, sounds so familiar. :p

good times :)

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Zeal was a fun map. I went from living under a hill, to having a Kingdom with some of the most awesome people on the map! Good times.