• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

For the Zeal Vets

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
FIRST OFF, hi :D Been a long time since I've been around, thought I'd pop in and say hi. For the people who remember me, I miss you all except the Treepers (With exception of Ach <3)

Anyway, I have exams coming up and need a new way to procrastinate - so memories of Zeal have been on my mind for a fair while lately. The beginning of Zeal was probably one of the most exciting periods Herocraft has seen, though it may be a little sugar coated in our memories and it was flawed - but Zeal, above any other map that I remember, presents a somewhat dark history to it as the chaos of that map progressed and evolved. I was thinking of making a timeline of Zeal's events and then turn it into a small series of short texts, which would be some fun and a little bit of history for those who remember and those who want to learn - but my view is biased. madsplatter and I led Spire, the RoT and eventually founded the Freepers, but that only really led us to have a good view of the events in the west of Herocraft, where violence was particularly rampant and where we had made our home, and in occasional other locations such as Treeper/Freeper bases throughout the map and GreekCrackShot 's towns because they were on the railway line we used to raid. Apart from that, we didn't have much knowledge of the going ons in the rest of the map until it was late, and certainly at the beginning of Zeal we lived in our own little world. As a result, I wanted to gather up some key events in Zeal from the HC community so we can make a timeline of Zeal, if it hasn't been done already.

So, go ahead and submit your events. Feel free to send in occurances that you felt were large and we'll refine it into a core timeline as we go.

An example of an event that would be included would be the Battle for Ironpass (Fought between Treepers and Ironpass with her allies, with an event occuring during the long siege)

An example of an event that wouldn't be included would be when Ironpass upgraded to City, because that wasn't a huge deal. However, IRON getting first Capital in the map was a major event, and would be included.

So go.

tl;dr: Zeal vets, post timeline of major events that you remember during Zeal, xoxo

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Shadownub you ancient whore you lol

Lol I remember when Kainzo resolved an issue with the saving plugin that returned mass mob spawning to the world. Spire was so dark it took like 6 of us to clear all those monsters out. I don't remember why I was visiting West Zeal at the time, but it was always a pleasure to visit Spire :p

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I can remember the times we built Spire as we lived in underground rooms with The_Player_189 and some other peeps :D I remember the Battle between Spire & North Reach & Coal Harbor(I think) vs Olympus(or whatever that SSS town was). I bragged about I was gonna own everyone and be the last man standing but then I was the first one to die on the first 5 seconds of the fight and I forgot to set my spawn in the bed so I got lost finding the town and eventually gave up :(

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
The time when I was sitting in our little raid base at Ares, and they found me, broke in and slayed me :C

when dmil23 devon154 djmikelyn melnick etc camped spire for like 24 hours. fun times

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Well, I do remember NT and KILL's co-op raid on Orion. We snuck in through some secret tunnels and through their sewer holes, then suddenly, we'd all pop up inside from a lake before we launched at everything we could find.
Sadly everything to be found was safe in houses or the guildhall, thus the largest chatfight in history started.

Which was quite entertaining, because I ended up befreiending some of the people in Orion..
Later, instead of raiding Orion, I got a tour.

Oh, and ofc someone had to ruin the NT -> Spawn railroad over and over again, so tiresome.. RandomAcronym

This is also where the legacy of The Hardware Store started, where I used my magical economy skills to become one of the greatest merchants(Airbus101 you were a memrable opponent) on the map(which lead on to me doing the same in the next map). I also gained friends in the shop, one day a wild Troppics appeared, wanting to sell mossy cobble. I ended up buying a stack for the double of my stock price, just cause.
I might not have made a shop this map(the economy has been too random and unsullied), but chances are I will be next map.

Oh, and then there was my guild; The Gentlemen's Club.
Where me, Cogoga, Whatshiywl, and (sorry I can't remember your name, but your legacy will stay behind) formed the fantastic guild of TGC. Which ended up expanding with numerous facilities, had 40 members at the peek, and even had it's own entrance from outside of NT(the harbouring town), into the guild house(LWC'd for members).
And one of my private things for the elite, TGC ended up claiming and living secretly in Tempest, the old Tempest.

If I can find any pics on TGC on my main laptop, I'll post em! <3

After some time in Zeal, I ended up living in two towns at the same time. NT and NR, which was a fun experience. The leadership on NT had been split up, and Farroes/Darroes/Wolfboy and some other elites moved over to NR, where many great people took residence. Some of us also left for the KRS towns, where we were happily accepted. This is also where I got to know some of the great people of the KRS kingdom, Kingtom404 etc.
Meanwhile in NT RedEchoRanger and RandomAcronym took on the roles as rulers, I ended up parting ways with KRS and going back for NT. A good friend ended up staying behind(can't remember his name, but he'll know if he reads this). After some time in NT I decided that I didn't want to choose one of the sides, so I lived in both towns. Keeping the two towns from going to war.
Later on, Red and RA had gotten less active, and a good friend and guild member KrojinKin stepped up. We fired up the town and renamed it, sadly I can't remember what we renamed it to. Then a month later he vanished, I saw him once last year, he was on one or two times, before he vanished again. Mabye his girlfriend has conducted him, who knows.

Did I mention that I, Domitius and Thunderjolt were the only wizards at the time? Fun times, I mainly used my powerful skills to roast animals. I spent about 3 hours every night, running in the wild leveling. That usually gave me one level..

But the main thing Zeal had, was the great community. I don't know why it was so special, it just was.
It might be because in the end of the map, I ended up knowing most of the people in it, or some individuls in most towns. NT, NR, RoV, KRS, the SSS towns etc.

Who here remembers whiteninja1970's secret ranger adventures? :3

After all this time, I still miss Farroes Darroes
Curse you for not coming back! :(
Next map, Farro and some others worked hard on a new town, Oblivion. I had joined Altum, but I quickly left after Wolfboy dissapeared. Thus I joined Troppics and his friends, that's how I met Galaxialarcanegrove Upb34t and OliverDollar, before a month or two later, finally joining up with farroes and co. But then Farro did something stupid, got himself banned, and never came back.
oo00lost00oo Was the one carrying Farro's legacy as Obl's SiC, athough, he got himself lost. Me and leftovers5 took it from there. And now, we're the "founders" of LO. Along with guys from the last kingdom of Oblivion, mainly the town of Solitude. Which was Darroes's work of art.

A little derail, but one nostalgic thing went to the other, thus /a part-story of me and NT.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
Shadownub Spire was a pretty cool town, I remember going on a few raids, that ended up with no way in, except for the one time we discovered your town members leaving a way open in the tunnels under your town. I was considering joining at one point, but you were not accepting any casters for lore reasons. Said the bloodMAGE :p

kevinlive I remember the Zeal days, they were pretty fun. I started out being a hermit like I usually do most maps, and ended up being recruited by the SSS. Originally I was assigned to a town with TrinityDown but I got transferred to Olympus. Thats when problems started with NorthReach and Killumanti haha :) When you guys broke into town did you see the giant empty area under the mountain? After our mayor went MIA I joined Orion, I had some of my best PvP memories fighting N.R. & Killmuntai. tishabisha and her homing fireballs... Domitius was one of the coolest guys I ever met, also one of the only 3 wizards at the time. I remember that "bolt" guy! I think he did go on to become a Mod, sounds so familiar. :p

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
kevinlive I remember the Zeal days, they were pretty fun. I started out being a hermit like I usually do most maps, and ended up being recruited by the SSS. Originally I was assigned to a town with TrinityDown but I got transferred to Olympus. Thats when problems started with NorthReach and Killumanti haha :) When you guys broke into town did you see the giant empty area under the mountain? After our mayor went MIA I joined Orion, I had some of my best PvP memories fighting N.R. & Killmuntai. tishabisha and her homing fireballs... Domitius was one of the coolest guys I ever met, also one of the only 3 wizards at the time. I remember that "bolt" guy! I think he did go on to become a Mod, sounds so familiar. :p

Haha, I almost got a part of your name right :p

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
When me and jmoney222 won the AoA contest B) that and raiding as a lone samurai alongside KoK vs TC. (Victor vs TC was always a blast)

The time I beat Hanpeter77 in a 1v1 after he got full bard buffs XD. The Lumber Jackoffs aceshooter11 KanJam49 Danda and I can't remember who all else we brought along D: winning tournament after tournament was great haahahaa.

Owning Winterfell, working with Imperial Bob, using Xani's name (Winterfell was her idea) and keeping IKaosI's name alive.

Me and PineappleChicken + KRS raiding Kamete before it became Thorn Hollow, my first town destruction <3. Piney and I made a fucking bad ass raid squad and KRS was amazing back then.

Fuck I can't really say much more, though I had many other fucking awesome times.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The Lumber Jackoffs @aceshooter11@KanJam49 @Danda and I can't remember who all else we brought along D: winning tournament after tournament was great haahahaa.

Hering(Jarien), AdaringEnchillada, Masterlink, Hydroking maybe Thamerwaste joined us once but those are the names I remember atm.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Hering(Jarien), AdaringEnchillada, Masterlink, Hydroking maybe Thamerwaste joined us once but those are the names I remember atm.
Damn I missed a bunch XD, its been a bit, but the fun times <3

macura

Diamond
Well, I do remember NT and KILL's co-op raid on Orion. We snuck in through some secret tunnels and through their sewer holes, then suddenly, we'd all pop up inside from a lake before we launched at everything we could find.
Sadly everything to be found was safe in houses or the guildhall, thus the largest chatfight in history started.

Which was quite entertaining, because I ended up befreiending some of the people in Orion..
Later, instead of raiding Orion, I got a tour.

Oh, and ofc someone had to ruin the NT -> Spawn railroad over and over again, so tiresome.. RandomAcronym

This is also where the legacy of The Hardware Store started, where I used my magical economy skills to become one of the greatest merchants(Airbus101 you were a memrable opponent) on the map(which lead on to me doing the same in the next map). I also gained friends in the shop, one day a wild Troppics appeared, wanting to sell mossy cobble. I ended up buying a stack for the double of my stock price, just cause.
I might not have made a shop this map(the economy has been too random and unsullied), but chances are I will be next map.

Oh, and then there was my guild; The Gentlemen's Club.
Where me, Cogoga, Whatshiywl, and (sorry I can't remember your name, but your legacy will stay behind) formed the fantastic guild of TGC. Which ended up expanding with numerous facilities, had 40 members at the peek, and even had it's own entrance from outside of NT(the harbouring town), into the guild house(LWC'd for members).
And one of my private things for the elite, TGC ended up claiming and living secretly in Tempest, the old Tempest.

If I can find any pics on TGC on my main laptop, I'll post em! <3

After some time in Zeal, I ended up living in two towns at the same time. NT and NR, which was a fun experience. The leadership on NT had been split up, and Farroes/Darroes/Wolfboy and some other elites moved over to NR, where many great people took residence. Some of us also left for the KRS towns, where we were happily accepted. This is also where I got to know some of the great people of the KRS kingdom, Kingtom404 etc.
Meanwhile in NT RedEchoRanger and RandomAcronym took on the roles as rulers, I ended up parting ways with KRS and going back for NT. A good friend ended up staying behind(can't remember his name, but he'll know if he reads this). After some time in NT I decided that I didn't want to choose one of the sides, so I lived in both towns. Keeping the two towns from going to war.
Later on, Red and RA had gotten less active, and a good friend and guild member KrojinKin stepped up. We fired up the town and renamed it, sadly I can't remember what we renamed it to. Then a month later he vanished, I saw him once last year, he was on one or two times, before he vanished again. Mabye his girlfriend has conducted him, who knows.

Did I mention that I, Domitius and Thunderjolt were the only wizards at the time? Fun times, I mainly used my powerful skills to roast animals. I spent about 3 hours every night, running in the wild leveling. That usually gave me one level..

But the main thing Zeal had, was the great community. I don't know why it was so special, it just was.
It might be because in the end of the map, I ended up knowing most of the people in it, or some individuls in most towns. NT, NR, RoV, KRS, the SSS towns etc.

Who here remembers whiteninja1970's secret ranger adventures? :3

After all this time, I still miss Farroes Darroes
Curse you for not coming back! :(
Next map, Farro and some others worked hard on a new town, Oblivion. I had joined Altum, but I quickly left after Wolfboy dissapeared. Thus I joined Troppics and his friends, that's how I met Galaxial Upb34t and OliverDollar, before a month or two later, finally joining up with farroes and co. But then Farro did something stupid, got himself banned, and never came back.
oo00lost00oo Was the one carrying Farro's legacy as Obl's SiC, athough, he got himself lost. Me and leftovers5 took it from there. And now, we're the "founders" of LO. Along with guys from the last kingdom of Oblivion, mainly the town of Solitude. Which was Darroes's work of art.

A little derail, but one nostalgic thing went to the other, thus /a part-story of me and NT.
Really old LO was pretty fun, i also miss farroes. It was fun being a noob and not understanding that casters don't use swords.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
Making Exitium was some of the most fun I had on Herocraft. I didn't build much so it was quite the project. There are several stories of us FC vs TC... A fun one was when dmil23 and Oryinn were both beastmasters and had at least 20 wolves with them and they were camping Air_Buses shop.

And of course there were all the fights on the north road and I really only got around to recording one:

Another thing I clearly remember is raiding Ares with The_Player_189 when I was simply a lvl 12 warrior. Back then everyone used minecarts to get around and the ride to Ares took forever... But I remember raiding it and killing ShizzDawgg multiple times in his quaint house.

Also S/O to North Reach for being a huge source of my raiding. I loved raiding that castle and fighting Tishabisha when she would just use lava and flint and steel.

Zeal was by far the best map... It had the best PvP, some of the best looking towns, and a really good player base.

ReedME

Legacy Supporter 8
Zeal ahhh the Memories, it all started with the Mages Uni just outside of spawn on the north road, we were raided almost daily by the likes of dils1 and in the early days by the SSS. Those fights on the Northroad that happened every time we logged on, between us and the little asian town on the other side of the road.

Eventually I ended up ditching our effort and finishing the Mages Uni, and moved into Olympus, where we with the SSS tunnelled into the early incarnation of Spire and had an incredible time raiding and killing the likes of The_Player_189 amoungst the others that were there that night!

You're right when you say Zeal had the best PvP, the towns were sensational, not everyone was inclined to build big assed walls. The player base was also really fun. Now its just a bunch of twelve year olds that really have no respect :(