• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fix current pvp situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
As many of you know, open world pvp has gone to shit. Here are a few suggestions to bring it back.

1. remove the elo system. It has killed a lot of pvp.
2. limit number of skirms/duel/arenas in a single day
3. remove death chests upon pvp deaths
4. add a guild system and allow for guild rankings
5. auto party system for guild members if number 4 is implemented
6. any other suggestions.......

Second topic: point out truths

macura

Diamond
Agreed, although elo was a good idea it destroyed solo pvp, also caused there to be a lot less pvp in general.

To be honest i think that another thing that would really increase pvp is the return of hero gates. They allowed players to move around the map a lot more, making it so that people on opposite sides of that map could easily interact. Now it seems impossible to get anywhere without a wizard.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Bedspawning

I knew someone would say this =P

I liked the bed spawning back in the olden days. I do agree with the "ELO" removal, I am so sick of seeing the arguments over it.

Herogates I believe was removed because there is more mobility with the classes, but I loved seeing them.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Agreed, although elo was a good idea it destroyed solo pvp, also caused there to be a lot less pvp in general.

To be honest i think that another thing that would really increase pvp is the return of hero gates. They allowed players to move around the map a lot more, making it so that people on opposite sides of that map could easily interact. Now it seems impossible to get anywhere without a wizard.
Hmm I do like Herogates but wizards have become such a more useful class now. I am kinda torn. We have definitely seen more shops outside spawn(but I dont think theres any pvp there like there was north road zeal) so I dunno....
Sorry for double post :/

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with the repo of elo system and bringing back of hero gates. I know most people dont go raiding unless they have a wizard because it takes so long to get from one side to the other

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with the repo of elo system and bringing back of hero gates. I know most people dont go raiding unless they have a wizard because it takes so long to get from one side to the other

Would be fun to see them again. Especially when the Admins would put a small event at them on occasion.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Bedspawning
Although, I may add Kainzo has said that bedspawning will never be re-enabled because it is not RPG-ish(or something along the lines of that). I guess we can agree to disagree because I think that herocraft is its own rpg and shouldnt be held to standards of other RPGs and since Bedspawning helped out PvP tremendously(except bedcamping which could be combated)

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I support the removal of ELO, and I although I miss bed spawning, I don't want to get into that argument. As for Herogates, they were tons of fun and I would love to see them again.

xRedDeadx

Glowing Redstone
The main reason world pvp is practically gone is because of the skirmishes. I knew this would happen when skirmishes were introduced. This same excact problem happened to the previous server I uste to play which also had the option to skirmish/duel.
Pretty much the only fix would be to remove skirmishes and to be honest I much rather prefer world pvp over skirmishes.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
The main reason world pvp is practically gone is because of the skirmishes. I knew this would happen when skirmishes were introduced. This same excact problem happened to the previous server I uste to play which also had the option to skirmish/duel.
Pretty much the only fix would be to remove skirmishes and to be honest I much rather prefer world pvp over skirmishes.
TBH I only saw a slight change in world pvp when skirmishes were introduced compared to the drastic change in world pvp when bed spawning was intoduced...

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
With the amount of people complaining that world PvP is dead, I am surprised that they can't seem to find each other on the map.

A

alexhoff1

As many of you know, open world pvp has gone to shit. Here are a few suggestions to being it back.

1. remove the elo system. It has killed a lot of pvp.
2. limit number of skirms/duel/arenas in a single day
3. remove death chests upon pvp deaths
4. add a guild system and allow for guild rankings
5. auto party system for guild members if number 4 is implemented
6. any other suggestions.......

<3 all these ideas!

To add onto them
1. Elo system is just off, you loose elo depending on who kills you, not the number of people or any theoretical "assists"
So you seem like you are bad because oh HEY you lost a 1v10, or you seem good because you last hit the targets and get a high elo, then camp a safezone or heavily regioned area.
2. I would like to just ignore all challenges, because it gets really annoying getting spammed with them.
3. I can't tell you how many grave-runners this server has made, which really is sad just due to the fact that EVERYONE used to whine about.. wizards.. being a grave-runner class, (you run out of the graveyards and kill people.)
4. Yes please. Guilds were the funnest thing to be in, because they were often more active and closer-knit groups of players. Now they have mostly gone to crap, because they last under a few weeks and often just don't do anything. Also, no real PvPers join new guilds that they don't think will work out, but with this we may see more guilds popping up and going to the tops.
5. I can't tell you how many times I would have liked to have this

6. Making it so if elo isn't removed that everyone who tags you is counted for, and you don't lose as much ELO
6b. Lowering party stats by like.. 5% per player in the party. (would add for more solo pvp, just a number suggestion can be changed later. 2.5% maybe.)
6c. Making it so the community isn't a bunch of 12 year olds who used mommas credit card to get on the server. (grr)
6d. Start doing more thurough scans for hackers, cheaters, etc.
6e. fixing TNT to make regions go BOOM! :D
6f. rebalancing classes so that there is longer range on long range classes, and less-no heals on non-healing classes. (i.e. duskblade)
6g. getting rid of the lag..
6h. any more ideas...?

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
when skirmishes came I thought it would drastically affect pvp, and it has. theyre too quick, too convenient, and addicting. so yeah, I'd agree to some sort of limiting of skirmishes. not sure how it would be done because I think its also kind of silly at the same time to tell someone they can only play x amount of skirmishes, but definitely agree that this is affecting pvp hugely. would also agree to remove elo. It's sad that elo influences the way people fight, but it does. It would probably also help reduce noob camping from some of the 'top players'

Y

ytiggidmas

As the current holder for first on the pvp top list, I would like to say that ./pvp top is composed of campers, loggers, and overall noob killers. The current way ELO is set up just encourages people to camp towns with little pvp experience or even players who just joined the server. Additionally nothing is given for being on pvp top, whatever happened to titles being given to people who passed a certain ranking? Right now there is literally no rewards, and honestly no meaning at all to this whole pvp system. This system needs to be removed, not only to let pvp happen unpunished but to allow people to actually enjoy pvp, loss or win.
26kyQ

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Pvp is completely fine as it is. My town gets raided 10+ times a day by the VERY people complaining about there being no pvp. Wonderboy is just upset that he is not #1 anymore on ./pvp top and wants the system removed so he can increase his e-peen. As far as I see, I have CONSTANT world pvp without ever having to leave my town, I am very satisfied with the amount, and I have even gotten way more than my fair share of pvp. If you really, truly think there isn't good world pvp, you are lying, TC/Umbra/LO/Newerth all fight quite often, 9/10 times in Newerth itself. If you want world pvp, actually work on something other than it and it will come to you.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Pvp is completely fine as it is....

Pretty much, most of what HolyRane said is true. Being the Mayor/King of Newerth speaking here.

There's no need to make PVP EASYMODE with automatic grouping, guild features, no death chests (for many reasons this has been discussed and will never happen), etc. This isn't a PVP only server, and those are all suggestions for a PVP oriented server. Herocraft is a HARDCORE server and there have been many discussions about the differences, guys.

Otherwise, it's a fine suggestion IMO, just not at this time, or for the server.

sidesummy

Glowstone
6. I want something to let me opt out of pvp all together. I don't want to kill anything and in turn don't wont to be killed so I continue being a try-hard to build things that will make the server worth looking at... we don't have much aesthetic beauty in builds hardly anywhere :p

(I'll give you my master combat class forever, if i can has, kthxbai)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
3. remove death chests upon pvp .

I disagree. What happens when I get killed? I gear up and go fight to get my death chest back. If it doesn't activate then I don't go back. Sometimes when I die near spawn a wizard ports a group of people from my town to go after them. So removing deathchests would hurt PvP imo. The reason for deathchests is to give the person a second chance to get their stuff back.

Status
Not open for further replies.