• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fix current pvp situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
6. I want something to let me opt out of pvp all together. I don't want to kill anything and in turn don't wont to be killed so I continue being a try-hard to build things that will make the server worth looking at... we don't have much aesthetic beauty in builds hardly anywhere :p

(I'll give you my master combat class forever, if i can has, kthxbai)
/hero reset :p

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Pretty much, most of what HolyRane said is true. Being the Mayor/King of Newerth speaking here.

There's no need to make PVP EASYMODE with automatic grouping, guild features, no death chests (for many reasons this has been discussed and will never happen), etc. This isn't a PVP only server, and those are all suggestions for a PVP oriented server. Herocraft is a HARDCORE server and there have been many discussions about the differences, guys.

Otherwise, it's a fine suggestion IMO, just not at this time, or for the server.
This is only for your town and the towns raiding it, and if you think about it, it is really only a small percentage of players.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I disagree. What happens when I get killed? I gear up and go fight to get my death chest back. If it doesn't activate then I don't go back. Sometimes when I die near spawn a wizard ports a group of people from my town to go after them. So removing deathchests would hurt PvP imo. The reason for deathchests is to give the person a second chance to get their stuff back.
Death chest also encourages u to go out and do things instead of hiding in a hole scared of losing your stuff

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
As many of you know, open world pvp has gone to shit. Here are a few suggestions to bring it back.

1. remove the elo system. It has killed a lot of pvp.
2. limit number of skirms/duel/arenas in a single day
3. remove death chests upon pvp deaths
4. add a guild system and allow for guild rankings
5. auto party system for guild members if number 4 is implemented
6. any other suggestions.......

Second topic: point out truths
back on topic

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
*sigh* W0nD3rb0y, look what you did now, all you are doing is starting a flamewar. Honestly, not needed.

Though I do agree with almost all of these points that you have stated. Keep in mind Kainzo has said that this server does not completly revolve around PvP however, it is a big chunk of it. You say PvP is dead, or it's really bad, yet I see a lot of people get 30-40 kills a day at least (Not saying it happens everyday), and that is from people in your town/guild alone.

I'm not saying I think the PvP system can't use changes, but it is not dead nor that bad, it may be not as fast pase as you would like it but it's how it is right now. :/

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I do not think death chests should be removed, but I do think Elo should be removed. Limiting arena matches is kinda...well, meh. I'm not really for it but maybe it is needed.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think the architect team should make pretty landmarks that give as some worthwhile bonus to occupying it. This was on the table during meetings a long time ago, but would be the best thing we could do for world PvP.

It really comes down to a lack of PvP. There's plenty of raiding, but raiding is always unprepared vs ready. Which is why the raiders of hc clamour for changes to the system that gives more rewards for prepared vs unprepared combat. It wouldn't be a raid if it was fair.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Guys if you can't stay on topic and remain civil with each other I will lock this thread and any further thread you attempt to make on this topic. Now knock it off and stick to the topic at hand.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Guys if you can't stay on topic and remain civil with each other I will lock this thread and any further thread you attempt to make on this topic. Now knock it off and stick to the topic at hand.
I apologize, I wasn't trying to get off-topic, Wonderboy decided to be an ass for no reason and didn't even address my points regarding the changes :/.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I apologize, I wasn't trying to get off-topic, Wonderboy decided to be an ass for no reason and didn't even address my points regarding the changes :/.
It wasn't just you.

A

alexhoff1

I think the architect team should make pretty landmarks that give as some worthwhile bonus to occupying it. This was on the table during meetings a long time ago, but would be the best thing we could do for world PvP.

It really comes down to a lack of PvP. There's plenty of raiding, but raiding is always unprepared vs ready. Which is why the raiders of hc clamour for changes to the system that gives more rewards for prepared vs unprepared combat. It wouldn't be a raid if it was fair.

I usually last a very long time in raids until they are ready, and when they are it's usually numbers(5+) V.S. one or two in my group.

Most raiders suggest what you said, however not all raiders do suggest only things to help themselves, and that is where I think you are going.

The points made here are quite valid, (I mean deathchest removal is probably no, but other than that...) Afterall, all he is asking for is to get rid of a system to help new players out, though that's not the only motive, it still should be taken into consideration for general server improvement.

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
one of the reasons that world pvp doesnt occur as much is also due to the TC playing less/going raiding less and well freepers havent been active as of late, and thats 2 pvp groups not stirring up pvp and now the only groups openly looking for PVP are umbra and newerth(sorta..)

solution to all: well its 2 words. one is map. im sure you can guess the other

But really pvp has become less because people have expanded their town protections/fortified their towns better which means raiding a town is less enjoyable and disencourages people.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
one of the reasons that world pvp doesnt occur as much is also due to the TC playing less/going raiding less and well freepers havent been active as of late, and thats 2 pvp groups not stirring up pvp and now the only groups openly looking for PVP are umbra and newerth(sorta..)

solution to all: well its 2 words. one is map. im sure you can guess the other

But really pvp has become less because people have expanded their town protections/fortified their towns better which means raiding a town is less enjoyable and disencourages people.
This map is a bit used up :(

Teerian

Gold
Good call on world pvp ELO removal. I can definitely get behind that.

Death chest removal is a dumb idea. If you're looking for an increase in world pvp, telling people they lose all their stuff if someone sneaks up on them right after a creeper explosion or while waiting for food/mana regen is just going to increase hole-dwellers. I can't imagine what possessed you to think that one up unless you're just looking for a quick and easy way to gank peoples' items and recall back to your vault after each kill. Beyond terrible.

Guilds and perhaps auto-party for guilds would be good. There are certain towns that function like guilds anyway. Might as well try to add it in.

As for limited arenas/skirmishes... I don't really have an opinion on that. I can see how they might impact world pvp, but at the same time, I view the lack of world pvp as being more of a transportation issue. Newerth is a great example. There are plenty of pvp-oriented towns and players fairly close to their town. As some of their members have posted, they have plenty of pvp action. Maybe even more than they want. It's all about location and ease of access. I think hero gates (if they function how I imagine. Never seen them personally) would potentially increase pvp in many of the currently dead areas. People will likely be more willing to fight if they don't feel like they need a wizard or a 1000+ block journey to join the action.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
haha, i was pvp top for 3.5 months kid. I also have 3x your kd. Your a blip on the radar kid. The reason you town gets raided is because your town is easy mode. How often do you think thornhollow, rangpur, or jericho get raided?? maybe once a week, if that. lets get real here. if i gave two shits about /pvp top I could easily take it back.

p.s. there were people in pvp top who consistently log out to avoid dying. Real measure of skill there. I dont log, also carry a 9-11 kd. once you get on my level, I will accept your opinion, until then have a nice day
You hit PvP top then quit for 3.5 months. However, Holy had some good points and I seriously don't think PvP needs changing at this time, maybe to be more elaborate, but Kain's got that under works.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I usually last a very long time in raids until they are ready, and when they are it's usually numbers(5+) V.S. one or two in my group.

Most raiders suggest what you said, however not all raiders do suggest only things to help themselves, and that is where I think you are going.

You are a very rare exception Alex :p

It may not be all of them, but it's a considerable amount. I just think it's the wrong sub-topic to be debating about. There's other things we can do, like outposts, that will be a huge boon to world pvp. The clump of raiders who always make bad suggestions are distracting from what really needs to be talked about. That's how I see it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's my vision for Herocraft. It's not defined by PVP or PVE.
  • Karma. It is the balancing force, a necessary thing.
  • Massive. Huge worlds or ones with lower levels of the map regen every few weeks/months.
  • Fun. Appealing gameplay for all involved that keeps people coming back.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Here's my vision for Herocraft. It's not defined by PVP or PVE.
  • Karma. It is the balancing force, a necessary thing.
  • Massive. Huge worlds or ones with lower levels of the map regen every few weeks/months.
  • Fun. Appealing gameplay for all involved that keeps people coming back.

These elements will all become a necessary part of Herocraft in the long term, but I believe w0nd3rb0y is looking for quick short term solutions that could be easily implemented now as opposed to a few months down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.