• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmer Farming Problems

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING MONEY-MAKING AND INTERACTIONS

Foods
  • reduce healing on wild-found foods – maybe even drop some off the list again ie rotten flesh
  • ramp up the healing on farmer-only produced foods – cake, cookie, pumpkin pie, as well as bread, cooked beef (a byproduct of leather production) – so they become more attractive trade items
Leather production
  • increase the drop rates for leather from cows (leather is needed by town builders and Enchanters, but the current drop rates make it difficult to produce for a price that these groups will be able to pay plus that gives the Farmer a reasonable return on time spent breeding cows)
  • give Farmer exclusive perms to craft leather armor, or share it with Smith (crafting leather armor is currently a Crafter level skill)
Chest shops
  • bring chest shops in at a lower level, say 50, for food items at least and perhaps also leather, wool and plants
  • give Farmer chest shop perms for Bookshelves
  • give Farmer chest shop perms for Leather Armor (which they fish up)
Soul drops
  • increase soul drop rates from wheat for Farmer only
  • introduce drops from other commonly farmed items ie cactus, pumpkins, melons, cane (only a very low rate as cane farms can be massive) or from slaughtering animals, for Farmer only
Wool production
  • limit the use of shears to collect wool from sheep to Farmer only
Review crafting recipe restrictions
  • limit the crafting of paper and books (removing them from Crafter) and bookshelves (removing them from Enchanters) to Famers – this would have the effect of making town builders (bookshelves), Enchanters (bookshelves), Engineers (fireworks) and Rangers (compasses) dependent on Farmers
  • limit the crafting of dyes to Farmer (removing them from Crafter, excluding bonemeal and cooked cactus)
  • limit the crafting of leather armor to Farmers (removing it from Crafter).
Relics
  • introduce profession relics dropping from some farming activities for Farmer only.
SUGGESTIONS FOR SPEEDING UP LEVELING
  • an auto-replant skill for wheat with a high likelihood of harvested wheat being replaced with wheat seedlings
  • increase exp on summoning skills (currently Farmer only) and on shearing (after limiting it to Famer) etc
  • introduce crafting as an exp source for farmer
    • give exp to crafting some or all of farmer’s specialty items: bread, cake, cookie, mushroom stew, pumpkin pie, bookshelf, carrot on a stick, jack’o’lantern, lead
    • but not on these: melon/pumpkin seeds, melon block, sugar, white wool (from string), hay and wheat (from each other)
    • NOTE Farmer can craft these items that already have exp on them (but Farmer doesn’t receive it at this time): gold/diamond axes and hoes
SUGGESTION TO MAKE BETTER USE OF SUMMONHORSE
  • a CraftSaddle skill which takes some number of leather and produces a saddle
@Kainzo

Tagging everyone who uttered the word “farmer” at today’s community meeting: @MovingTarget92 @Air_Restraint @EtKEnn @devotedworker @JenksLaw @Jonsoon @anevia

also @joeyjojo60 @Dsawemd @Evanist @Devin52992 @JazzDesignation @minimike96 @Northac @Xargun @Algsa777 @Yavool
Witch, in the last few days we've hit some of these but some are still needed to be handled.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Probably the only thin I disagree with. You get a lot of letter with a looting sword. Whether you kill it by hitting it with the sword, or just by using skills. The leather drop is fine.

Not everyone can use a looting sword. I am a ranger / farmer and have no skills that I can use while holding a looting sword and looting doesn't appear on Bows or Axes.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Not everyone can use a looting sword. I am a ranger / farmer and have no skills that I can use while holding a looting sword and looting doesn't appear on Bows or Axes.
Yeah, Xargun, and that's the main reason I gave up on Ranger. ;) I've swapped to a class that enables me to kill my own cows. Before then I was roping in town mates to do it for me. Which is also doable, of course.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, Xargun, and that's the main reason I gave up on Ranger. ;) I've swapped to a class that enables me to kill my own cows. Before then I was roping in town mates to do it for me. Which is also doable, of course.
Maybe an overall issue is the weapon restricts ... perhaps we should remove them, at least on anything iron and below.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Maybe an overall issue is the weapon restricts ... perhaps we should remove them, at least on anything iron and below.
..or give farmers an AoE-kill-passive-animals ability so they can use their looting sword no matter their class, maybe? Dunno if you could make it target only passive animals though.