• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmer Farming Problems

joeyjojo60

Soulsand
The point of mastering a profession is so that you can do Your job better than anyone else of a different profession and hopefully make alot of money doing what you do, so i think farmer should have a skill to where they can plant or replant their crops faster and somewhat easier while the normal people would have to replant them manually.(farming large fields is a pain when you have to plant all the seeds back). Like miners have excavation that allows them to mine SUPER FAST, and normal people cant do that. so basically, i think farmers should be able to do their farming jobs faster because if its your profession, you should be able to do it best. dassit. Also farmers should be able to harvest woods better. substitute the herbalism and woodcutting skills with skills that alow us to do the job FASTER rather than a 5 percent chance of getting a n extra drop.2014-07-12_20.59.13.png

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
But I like the extra drop chance....... SO MANY SUGAR CANE

In seriousness: I think farmer has always been the least profitable crafter class (At least since leather went down the drain) and always has problems figuring out HOW to make money long term. Food isn't needed once people buy enough or if they just buy a few seeds/raw potatoes. Sure NOW farmers are the main source of food, but Steak, Cooked Pork, Baked Potatoes, and Carrots can all be made without one. The only thing people AREN'T eating now is bread.....

Farmer needs SOMETHING for it to be a class people actually want to go.

Leveling is a pain (It might be "easy" but god damn is it tedious)
There isn't much use to one (Fishing is cool for apples, and breeding is...meh, wool I guess)
And there isn't much of a money maker. Leather was it's best option, and since Attributes most people don't bother with leather.

I don't know how to fix farmer myself, but making is go faster doesn't feel like "It"

joeyjojo60

Soulsand
maybe giving farmers monopoly over all food? i heard someone say that once. like you cant get armor at all unless you go to a smith because they have monopoly over all armor stuffs. same goes for engineers, and everyone else with complete control over all of their products. farmers are the class that people dont really depend on. :(

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
For farmers to get a monopoly on food, there would need to be a long-timer Out Of Combat Regeneration effect to ensure that people could heal to full even if they didn't have food.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It's already too late, but farmers needs to be the only ones able to plant and harvest food. I also support something like a farmer-Excevate where a 5x5 area around the farmer all crop gets harvested, with maybe a 10 sec cooldown. A replant skill like that would be useful aswell.
For farmers to get a monopoly on food, there would need to be a long-timer Out Of Combat Regeneration effect to ensure that people could heal to full even if they didn't have food.
Anyone can cook meat or eat rotten flesh. This far into the map, people already have stacked up on so much food that farming will remain redundant until next wipe.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
It's already too late, but farmers needs to be the only ones able to plant and harvest food. I also support something like a farmer-Excevate where a 5x5 area around the farmer all crop gets harvested, with maybe a 10 sec cooldown. A replant skill like that would be useful aswell.

Anyone can cook meat or eat rotten flesh. This far into the map, people already have stacked up on so much food that farming will remain redundant until next wipe.
But if the first part of your suggestion was implemented, those stores wouldn't last, right? I am not sure I support the out-of-combat regen, but this is still achievable with the right conditions, even mid map. Should we make food as restricted as (for example) armor has become? Maybe not.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Farmers produce the components of books and bookshelves. Crafters can make paper and books. Only farmers and enchanters can make bookshelves.

Ideas:
  • Limit the crafting of paper to farmers.
  • Limit the crafting of books to farmers.
  • Limit the crafting of bookshelves to farmers.
  • Give farmers chest shops to sell bookshelves.
Also, but not sure how codeable this is:
  • Limit the use of shears on sheep to farmers.
And wow, the ability to replant wheat rapidly would be awesome! Or even to gain exp from replanting.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Well... this is kinda annoying. I actually did post something about farmer, but no one really saw.
So... I have been thinking a bit, since the new map and such that we now have and the changes in the crafting, I was thinking about some professions, and that some of them were underplayed. So I have though about some thing. Here are some suggestions for some classes, and the though process behind them.

Farmer;

Right now, farmer are those that can get the most food, but with all the other ways to have good food like cooked pork and such, it seems a bit useless. Also the fact that they don't get money that much except by breaking wheat is problematic, cause other people can get wheat and money. So I was thinking about a certain skill

Farmers touch: For 10-20 seconds, when the farmer breaks wheat, carrots or potato's, a sprout of that plant is placed automatically. This will permit farmers to waste less time replanting, and will permit them to have a way to regain money faster in the long run. This or make them plant a half way done plant, or full, depending on what you think.

Natures weaver: Reagent: 5-10 wheat. The farmer, using his skills of nature, creates a piece of leather from wheat. This will permit farmers to have a better way to get leather then killing cows, that now have a lower chance of dropping leather.

With this, I feel like farmers would have enough things.
So ya... farmer does need something more. I agree with Witch in this. extra thing would be good

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Could add a chance for soul drops on slaying neutral mobs (cows, sheep etc) to slightly increase the already tiny amount of income farmers make.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Could add a chance for soul drops on slaying neutral mobs (cows, sheep etc) to slightly increase the already tiny amount of income farmers make.
I wonder could these soul drops be limited to Farmers?

If they're available to everyone then passive mobs in the wild will be obliterated.

I think it be quite useful to get a summonsaddle skill that cost leather or something lol, pointless to have summonhorse if i can nvr ride them w/o mooching a saddle from a pally or dk

joeyjojo60

Soulsand
horse is only useful if you have a way to get saddles easier because im scared to ride my horse because if i die, i lose my only saddle

Northac

Obsidian
I've found several saddles this map (mine diving ftw?) but this also means I have mekin seeds and pumpkins, which as an engineer I can use for food. So I have no need for a farmer. So I do agree that farmers need something