• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Exp as it is.

He has stated in another thread like this one that he is not going to be doing quests of any kind. But if thats not the case I am very curious about these "other ways of leveling" that he was talking about earlier.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Herocraft isnt hardcore enough for quest, that or the plugin causes lag or the configs are a bitch to set up.

Anywho i would really like an ETA on hero block, i just cant play much anymore without an objective of some sort, and i dont have the coin or time to lvl a new spec. So now i just come on, forcepush/pull a few people, kill a guy who thinks he can attack me and live. And them im off to go do other things =(

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Pretty much Kain's version of the quest system, but for dungeons instead, at the end of a dungeon, their will be a block that will allow either class changes or give xp, i do belive its a 1 time use per dungeon, or will at least have a lockout timer on it for like a week or some days or something

Interesting. I really hope its in soon! I wish we could know what was either the process or what they are waiting on before it is implemented.

malmenca

Diamond
I 80% agree the exp is a little tipped in the favor of grinding, but Papa idk what your doing, but to kill 1 zombie a minute is VERY slow, I'm in no way saying im good, but I seemingly kill anywhere btwn 4-12 skeletons in a minute, at a single spawner(Legal of course) This churns out a much easier leveling process, Even tho it still is a horrendous grind(Time waster)

Skeletons ahve less health, they hurt u only with arrows so u have the ability to get as close as u want to, have to watch out for the range but i feel like its easier and quicker to kill a skeleton then it is a zombie, but yes u are right 1 minute is a little much

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Skeletons are much harder to kill if your spawner is legal. No argument. A good spawner for any mob is a room 4 high, that is big enough so that if u kill mobs at the very edge of it, you get coins, and u can stand far enough away that mobs won't spawn. a warrior or rogue and a healer combo can level incredibly easy with a set up like this. have enough light nearby so that only 1 or 2 mobs will spawn at a time, then you wont be overrun. Best possible :p

malmenca

Diamond
The spawner is flotaing in a room, like 4 blocks up,(now that i think about it, idk if they take fall damage, I assume they don't, I didnt make the spawner) I stand in the door, or let them flood thru and smack em with my hoe, i get hit every so often, doesnt seem to much tho.

Edit: I also have a wheat, tree, and reed farm I tend to as a I mentioned( all underground)

ur positive its legal? Standing in the doorway means there might be a block directly above you making it so that all there arrows until they get closer ould be hitting right above u

malmenca

Diamond
I was there with strongholdx(Guide,proctor, whatever) and he had I believe Xanipher okay it

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Skeletons ahve less health, they hurt u only with arrows so u have the ability to get as close as u want to, have to watch out for the range but i feel like its easier and quicker to kill a skeleton then it is a zombie, but yes u are right 1 minute is a little much

Nope, when you get in melee range, skelly's hit you with their bow for the same damage.

Jw they are still firing the bow. My point is that you can be behind them without it actualy hurting you. You can't just be behind a zombie and not get hurt. touching them hurts you

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Nope, tested it in alpha, when in melee range, they are no longer firing the bow, and are swinging it, thats why they automatically hurt you when you get too close, and you can be behind a zombie and not get hurt.

The reason why it seems like touching them automatically hurts you is their turn animation doesn't fire immediately when they actually move and you stayed within their melee range when they turned. I kited zombies in circles for 16 hours straight, im pretty sure i know.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Quite honestly, it should take a month to master a spec, at least thats what kainzo wants, the problem is the people that mastered specs before mod health and damage were changeable and they gave (i think) more xp. idk, its been a while since i've grinded me being a grandmaster and all:rolleyes:.

I will say that lvling the last few levels is a pain when mob xp doesnt scale even when xp to lvl does. Most games i think the mob xp scales at about half of the Exp per level. Plus with that 30 or 15% xp loss on death, and mobs so strong that fighting more than 2 means certain death. Theirs a problem.

I know malmenca's been a 49 healer for the last like 2 weeks, because he keeps dying and loosing about an hour's worth of xp each time.

Exactly! Leveling is so irritating because the only thing you can do is kill mobs. Yea i didn't even think of that but when you kill monsters in any other game, you vs different mobs that give more exp as you level up. I can't believe I didn't even think of that.

Maybe the exp you loose when you die should be a set amount. You go down in levels which would be good for the lower levels. I suppose this would help more for the higher end of levels, because yea, right now its stupid that when u are high up in the levels you can lose yea hours of grinding.