• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Exp as it is.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The only real problem i have with this is that people who leveled before mobs were so powerful and whatnot got to level up a lot easier than newer players.

I completely agree. But then a simple solution to that would be to reset everyone. If you saw a lot of people get banned for afk levling before. Wow get ready for a shit ton of bans. I really do think it should go back to the way it was. I wish i payd attention to the exp involved and how much it took back then. I didn't pay any attention to it because it was 2nd nature. I just leveled up doing my thing running around and raiding. Now everyone is froced underground at spawners and paying a ton of attention exp and how long it takes. I really think it should be brought back to the way it used to be. Keep mobs as difficult but bring exp WAY up. WAY up.

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree,all exp dose is add more time in between now,and when I get to do the stuff I want to.I've never seen how that makes the game better or more fun. To me it's padding,why have padding in a game that only ends when you get bored?

for the people who are reading this and agree or disagree please comment! I think the more traffic this idea gets in a very formal and intelligent conversation, change might happen for the better of Herocraft. Bring as many people into the conversation as possible!

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I level'd up pretty fast, I went from 36-50 in a few days as a ninja, but then again, with my diamond sword (12 dmg) I can kill zombies pretty easily. I'm sure necro takes double the amount of hits to kill one.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The new leveling system will be much longer to level, will have higher rewards (more hp gain) and more ways to level for everyone.

We dont want specs mastered in a week.

I guess the problem that gets me the most is the fact that it feels to much like a grind. What are some of the other ways to level that you are refering to?

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
Seems unfair that the people who are already level 50 dont have to level anymore, becuase they leveled when it was faster. But that's not really much to complain about.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Due respect, Kainzo, it's easier to like it when all you have to do is type a command to get what you want out of the game as it's implemented.

Things used to move along a little bit even when I wasn't focused on gaining levels. Which was nice. With the death penalty (as it were) and mob experience the way they are now, it's difficult for a battle-experience spec- maybe only certain ones?- to gain any reasonable amount in a reasonable timeframe without dying. Other players, to my knowledge, don't give significantly more experience than mobs do either. Current conditions are creating temptation to use illicit methods to gain levels in a timely manner. It's the player's choice to use those methods or not, but if many people want to do something that goes against how the game "should" be played there's a disconnect somewhere. Some of the "Thou Shalt Not" rules concerning battle also rub me the wrong way... it's Minecraft. If you can't alter the terrain to your advantage during a fight (this is me, not calling afk-spawners a good thing), why aren't we playing something else?

I am not saying that everything's wrong, I think some things are very right with the current system- In terms of HP and such, I think Heroes is accommodated quite well. But some things, particularly regarding how experience is handled... they feel wrong, and lots of other people seem to think they feel wrong. If people don't enjoy it (people should find a new game!) it could be altered so that it people do, in fact, enjoy it. It does not have to be easy, just not frustrating.

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
I guess the problem that gets me the most is the fact that it feels to much like a grind.
I totally agree, really the only way to get exp is by grinding. I'm a crafter and have been stuck on level 39 forever. Just through everyday playing I might get to maybe 500xp, but then of course town gets raided, crafter's can't protect themselves, we die, and all that xp is lost. I understand you don't want specs mastered in a week, but there should be a happy medium between just xp gained while playing and grinding.

Exactly Daz. Before everything all the good things were nerfed and all the bad things were buffed leveling wasn't my main concern. I would play and as a result I would level. I get that specs shouldn't necassarily be easy to get mastered. However I also don't think its fair to make it so that the only way you would level would be to run around and kill literally thousands of mobs.

I really hope the different ways of leveling can be things that are done in every day to day activities. Maybe new stuff like more exp in dungeons that are being built and if you finish it you get a decent exp bonus of like 1k (out of 100,000 still isn't that much but would be worth the risk of going). I really think that simple things like that could make a world of difference.

Something else tho. I think that you should be able to level well being solo. I don't think its fair to punish loan wolves or to even punish people who realize that group exp isn't really worth it atm.

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm going to stress here. For -all- base classes and crafter specs, xp is fine. I've levelled to 27 Smith and only on one occasion actually gone looking for xp. Mining gives a ton so long as you get more then cobble. Warriors, Rogues, Casters and healers can all benefit from gold for coin or iron for tools and it's good xp. I got from 42-49 crafter in one mining trip. That's not too difficult.

For combat classes that are specced? Yes there's a problem. As it currently is 1 death undoes hours and hours of work. I can see that Kainzo want's it to be a slow process. It takes time to reach the top and get the best stuff -but- if it is to stay with the xp around this current level, someone needs to do the math.
1 mob = about how much xp?
1 death = 10% of xp
So level 40 you need around 4000xp. that's a possible 300+xp lost to a death. I think mobs give like 20-30? So that's more then 10 enemies to kill.

If Kain want's to keep xp rates slow, and progress slow then I think 2 things need to be done. 1) Lower death xp. It will make exploring and fighting at night were mob rape is likely more reasonable. 2) Remove spawners. If Kain is insisting he doesnt want people to gind out, they need to go. Otherwise there is someone who will sit at a spawner until 50.

Nobody will support me on this. Players dont want it to take time. I've been on an admin team trying to make things go slow. People enjoy and are happier with higher and easier xp. There will be a lot more moaning if it's granted. But then everyone will reach 50 and either turn to a pvp fest, get bored and quit or actually remember you can build.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
I do not see a problem with the experience rate, 5 days is a good amount to master a spec, you earn it that way, the problem I see is that the exp was super duper easy, then after people mastered 1 - 2 specs, he changed it, now all the older players have an advantage over the new players. Now Dmil mastering so many specs a weekend is insane. And I don't see how he did it, but I guess it is still possible if you play as Dmil plays and makes Herocraft his first life, and his real life his second.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It's probably taken me about 4 hours of wandering and hunting over the course of 2 days as a Dragoon to get to level ten (which, of course, is easier than leveling from 40 to 50). 5 days is theoretically nice. However, if you don't want to spend your time grinding for it, it could take considerably longer.

yea guys 5 days is the 112 hours of nothing but grinding at a zombie spawner. Didn't take in to account for death and gathering food or anything like that.

It would be substantially longer then that. but the point of it is that is the only way to lvl. Killing thousands of mobs. It doesn't make it enjoyable. I have absolutley no desire to kill mob after mob after mob only to gain very little exp. I really hope these other ways of leveling are something to be excited about

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Npc quests! I am sure we could like dedicate some ram ( I have no knowledge about this shit ) but to give the npc's a few gb's or somethig and you right click them and you do certain objectives! Sounds fun! Get money and exp for reward :D