• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Exp as it is.

I'm really curious why they want it to be such a grind to lvl up. I'm level 16 right now on a Geomancer and I'm already loosing patience.

I have constructed a legal zombie training ground (bearcat liked the design and approved it). I can go there and kill zombies for hours and hours and still not gain much exp. Lets say 14.85 about every minute could be more could be less but with the spawner im at this is roughly my average? Now im not going to take into consideration the time it takes to recoop on exp from dieing or getting food because i think my point will speak for itself. so 14.85 for an hour is 891. if I lvled like this alone. It would take me roughly 112 hours to master it.

I understand that a minute per zombie might be a little off and different for anyone but bear with me.

Some mods have said its better exp if you go out in the wilderness because there are creepers and skeletons and and spiders with better exp, they also just want you to go out in the wilderness and away from spawners..

Yes but the risk is so much greater and you waste a lot of time running around trying to find mobs that you can either get to or just mobs in general. If you die you have to run back grab your stuff(if valuable) and have to make up fr the 10% that you lost and keep killing. It isn't really worth it. You get much better exp by going to a spawner.

Then here the mod would say well then why dont you group up? Find others leveling up and kill with them.
Well you see when you group up that party exp /x amount of people in the party. So now ya u have a better chance of not dieing but you also have to find 2X (assuming there are only 2) as many mobs to make up for that extra person in the party.

Then the mod might say well theres the training grounds that has all sorts of mobs.

To survive it you need a decent group. I would say at least one healer definitly a tank and some dps. You might be looking at 5 people right there. say you only killed creepers (if they even spawned there [and people without range could actually kill them]) 30exp /5 is 6. 6 exp. The most exp you are going to regularly get off mobs would be 6 if there were the very best possible conditions. Considering a mastery is 100,000 exp 6 isn't anything. (i used creepers because they would give the most exp possible)

I really think that exp needs to be looked at. I really want to play hero craft and level up my hero but its exhausting. I don't have 112 hours to lvl up my character.

I think the total exp you need should be changed. Dramatically. I understand this is a hardcore legit server but why does that have to mean endless grind?

You also say that no one is forcing you to grind. Then in another conversation you say of course they are going to kill you so easily you are still in the paths. You don't force us to grind. but the only way to survive and be a level any time soon is to grind.

I guess im just having a hard time understanding why its so crucial to you guys to make the leveling so agonizingly long?

So I guess for people who agree share your thoughts. I guess people who don't agree share yours too, maybe I'm wrong.

OnixZ2

Stone
I definitely agree with you papa. The decision to change to another class for 500c is a big one. But to have buyer's remorse an hour into leveling is the reason why I've stayed a paladin for so long and will continue to be one. Sure it would be fun to be another class but its not worth the effort of countless hours of grinding. I don't even want to think about how long it would take otherwise. In the end I hope it is reduced also because as it stands I'll probably stay my class for the rest of the time I play HC.

Yea and when we leveled up it wasn't so that bad. You leveled up paladin at the beginning and then went crafter and then went back. It wasn't easy but it wasn't at all close to this ahrd of grind. I didn't even pay attention to how i was leveling, i could almost just play the minecraft as I normally would and be able to level up decently. But now i feel like its become out of hand.

I'm telling you now, people if you don't have a huge amount of time and a ridiculous amount of patience, don't try to spec. If you just joining Herocraft now, I am terribly sorry.

I love exploring new classes and paths and abilities and stuff like that, but when it would take 4 days of nonstop playing at a grinder its not worth it.

People are forced to illegally farm mobs because its so difficult and time consuming. If you really want to put a stop to it, simple solution is to make the total exp much lower, raise the exp of the mobs a TON or let speced classes lvl up by mining, or a combination of all of those.

Jetsumo

Wood
I cant say much about ur argument because im a fairly new player and dont know much, but i can say its very well written and you did a good job at looking at the arguments of the other side.

I appreciate that Jetsumo thank you :D

Toadsworth basically all i did was construct some blocks in half of the spanwer room starting from a corner. Make the water flow from the top part down and when mobs will spawn they will flow out of the spawner room. Then right next to it i created a hall way 4 wide 3 tall and i fight them in that hall way

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Approximately 5 days played to master a class is considered a grind? Seems more like a walk in the park to me.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Thats a bad spawner, but I agree, with 3 spawners ( each type all 15 blocks apart from eachother ) I get a level everyone 30-45 minutes, and I am a monk meaning I have bandage so I don't have to go get food and whatnot.

Well seratt, i feel like its not. Take into consideration also that you have to eat gather food, die regain the exp lost. In most other games out there, you don't gain lvls through only one way. Thats literally everyminute of those roughly 112 hours hitting and killing the same thing over and over, almost 7,000 times.

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah I back you up papa...I've been stating this in other threads but if you want to raid and be viable in a group, you will need some sort of skills (healer for groupheal, pray, etc) and being an unspecced class, while still helps, will not be able to compete nearly as well as a class with more skills. This creates a gap, and many players may not want to go raiding because they are not a high enough level.

And when levels are introduced in a game, leveling becomes the main focus instead building/mining or whatever else there is. It seems like it's a psychological thing: if people see a straightforward way to play the game, then they will take it and not play the game like the sandbox it is.

At least having exp gained from mining while in a speccd class would be helpful, or spiking up exp gained from mobs. But who knows, maybe nether will give out a TON of exp at the risk of dying more often (even though mob hunting now is still really risky) so you can level faster.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
And the fact that you can have all that in 19 characters Serrat. xD

Because you feel like there doesn't need to be a change or because you have a lot on your plate right now?

EDIT: and thank you for posting kainzo

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
Because you feel like there doesn't need to be a change or because you have a lot on your plate right now?

EDIT: and thank you for posting kainzo

Most likely a combination of the two. I know Kainzo and the coders are working to fix all of the bugs and lag lately. on top of that get The multiverse working.

I understand how much they have infront of them. I could only imagine how difficult it much be, I just sincerely ask to not forget about this. I think the leveling system is a crucial part in herocraft. But i have said my piece

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
I wanna see the spawner so I can duplicate it, make someone else's training (not mine; my citizens') easier.

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
I never liked EXP as a way to gain ability in any game really,something like class based or Do x n amount of times to get y skill suits me more.

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
Do x n amount of times to get y skill suits me more.
....Where x = kill mobs / break blocks
n = billions
y = variable
:D That's how it is now

I think I know what you mean. "Make paper 10 times - learn bandage" would be cool if thats what you mean?

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
....Where x = kill mobs / break blocks
n = billions
y = variable
:D That's how it is now

I think I know what you mean. "Make paper 10 times - learn bandage" would be cool if thats what you mean?

Yes. Like perks in fallout 3 :D "You Mined 100 gold and learned to craft gold pics!" Or "You crafted 1000 wood tools! and learned to craft iron tools!" you killed 200 creepes and can evade them like a pro. 20% boost to creeper explosion resistance!

killedacreeper.png