• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid direction worries

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Disclaimer; I am aware this isn't the final changes, but I do not like the proposed changes at all (No, Im not biased because Im currently playing druid).

So, after having a look at potential druid changes. I'd like to add my thoughts onto the potential changes as Im not a big fan of the proposed change(s). So, lets run though the changes;

Reincarnate Cooldown increase to match the healers. (3-5 mins)

I do agree with this change as all classes with this specific skills is getting the CD changed to around about that region.

Add entangle warmup (1.5 seconds)

I am quite partial with this change, I do agree that the skill entangle needs a warm up rather than an instant cast but adding 1.5 seconds to the warm up is a bit harsh. At most it should be 1 second. This is because you generally use this skill when you're in trouble in terms of distance between you and your target. Regardless of the small change, it still does effect gameplay.

Remove bolt.

I fully agree with this change, a class like this shouldn't have a skill that inflicts that much damage (175 at level 20 intellect).

Replace with Nature's Wrath: (.5 second warmup) Bonespear animation but green (unless we can think of another) Which deals damage to the first 3 players hit (if that is possible) dealing (75 + 2.5) per intellect points of damage

Again, I am partial with this potential change. Druid already has ire which inflicts a decent amount of damage considering this is a healing based class (135 magic damage at 20 intellect). Bolt added to the damage out put of druid (175 magic damage at 20 intellect) but required a regent to use and had a lengthy cool down. Changing bolt to a skill that inflicts reduced damage (125 at level 20 intellect) but requires no regent to cast and has a reduced warm up timer would effect the playstyle of druid.

I would suggest changing bolt to the skill "wind gale" as it would suit the class more than another skill that just outputs magic damage. It would affect the damage output of druid as well as giving the class more of a 'crowd control' ability when combined with entangle and earth wall (would encourage more team play). The stats that wind gale could have would be the following;

Level: 40
Mana cost: 150
Stamina cost: 100
Cool down: 20 secs
Regents: None

Damage: 50 (+1.5 per intellect level)
Range: 6 blocks
Warm up: 1 second
Note: Distance target is knocked back is dependant on wisdom level (same scale as what shaman uses)

Other than that, the class is in a very balanced state so only minor changes should be made (In my personal opinion).

[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
This was going through my head while I read your post:

Sounds like there could be some more variety here. I would advise against adding more crowd control to druid. Carry on

xMJay

Portal
We already have 2 bonespear type skills. Why make it a third and give it to a healer?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Disclaimer; I am aware this isn't the final changes, but I do not like the proposed changes at all (No, Im not biased because Im currently playing druid).

So, after having a look at potential druid changes. I'd like to add my thoughts onto the potential changes as Im not a big fan of the proposed change(s). So, lets run though the changes;

Reincarnate Cooldown increase to match the healers. (3-5 mins)

I do agree with this change as all classes with this specific skills is getting the CD changed to around about that region.

Add entangle warmup (1.5 seconds)

I am quite partial with this change, I do agree that the skill entangle needs a warm up rather than an instant cast but adding 1.5 seconds to the warm up is a bit harsh. At most it should be 1 second. This is because you generally use this skill when you're in trouble in terms of distance between you and your target. Regardless of the small change, it still does effect gameplay.

Remove bolt.

I fully agree with this change, a class like this shouldn't have a skill that inflicts that much damage (175 at level 20 intellect).

Replace with Nature's Wrath: (.5 second warmup) Bonespear animation but green (unless we can think of another) Which deals damage to the first 3 players hit (if that is possible) dealing (75 + 2.5) per intellect points of damage

Again, I am partial with this potential change. Druid already has ire which inflicts a decent amount of damage considering this is a healing based class (135 magic damage at 20 intellect). Bolt added to the damage out put of druid (175 magic damage at 20 intellect) but required a regent to use and had a lengthy cool down. Changing bolt to a skill that inflicts reduced damage (125 at level 20 intellect) but requires no regent to cast and has a reduced warm up timer would effect the playstyle of druid.

I would suggest changing bolt to the skill "wind gale" as it would suit the class more than another skill that just outputs magic damage. It would affect the damage output of druid as well as giving the class more of a 'crowd control' ability when combined with entangle and earth wall (would encourage more team play). The stats that wind gale could have would be the following;

Level: 40
Mana cost: 150
Stamina cost: 100
Cool down: 20 secs
Regents: None

Damage: 50 (+1.5 per intellect level)
Range: 6 blocks
Warm up: 1 second
Note: Distance target is knocked back is dependant on wisdom level (same scale as what shaman uses)

Other than that, the class is in a very balanced state so only minor changes should be made (In my personal opinion).

[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
Entangle without a warmup makes Druid have too much crowd control. The point of Druid is heals over time, some decent damage, and a little crowd control. Besides bolt not fitting in lore wise, it made the class too strong solo wise, being able to kite and do damage to pretty much every class. This new "natures wrath" skill will do less damage, fit lore, and make Druids less of a solo impact and more of a group fight impact. As someone who has played Druid for a while now, I would consider these changes to really help the class direction.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
We already have 2 bonespear type skills. Why make it a third and give it to a healer?
We didn't fully decide on the bone spear animation, we just want a skillshot that fits the lore

Beau_Nearh

Portal
[
Entangle without a warmup makes Druid have too much crowd control. The point of Druid is heals over time, some decent damage, and a little crowd control. Besides bolt not fitting in lore wise, it made the class too strong solo wise, being able to kite and do damage to pretty much every class. This new "natures wrath" skill will do less damage, fit lore, and make Druids less of a solo impact and more of a group fight impact. As someone who has played Druid for a while now, I would consider these changes to really help the class direction.

From my experience in using druid, it is one of the best if not the best class in terms of kiting due to its skill set. This is great for a class that should be focused on team healing while dealing minimal damage. However, before I unlocked bolt. I managed to get a 2.8 KDR against experienced players (mulch, epic showdown, herp derp ect). Now this rang bells to me as this is a healing based class. So, after doing some math. I found out I would be doing 135 damage with ire and an additional 175 damage with bolt with a level 20 intellect (total of 305 magic damage). This is crazy for a class that acts as a team healer.

If you link up this damage output with its kiteing capabilities and self healing, you have an extremely strong class. So, changing the skill 'bolt' to another skill that just inflicts pure damage without adding any extra utility and requires no regents would be the wrong direction to walk into. Don't get me wrong, id love to add this skill but in terms of balance. I'm strongly against it as it would change the play style of druid. Currently as it is, druid is (in my opinion) one of the most balanced classes to choose from. Making un-necessary changes to it would throw off its balance.

Note; Please please please please please don't make changes to classes to fit "lore". I don't care if it fits lore or not, from a gameplay point of view. Changing classes to fit lore is horrendous.

ps: I am agreeing that entangle needs a warm up. But a 1.5 second warm up is too drastic

Beau_Nearh

Portal
This was going through my head while I read your post:

Sounds like there could be some more variety here. I would advise against adding more crowd control to druid. Carry on

dam you David Bowie! Not like I didn't already have that song on one of my spotify playlists anyway.. :eek:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Entangle new warmup 1.5s (3s duration): I'm not sure how i feel about this, i feel 1.5s for a warmup is a bit long because it could be interrupted very easily, maybe a 1s warmup?

NaturesWrath: I like the idea and i think its better than keeping bolt, but i think maybe a pulse like skill would work better? idk really.

Also did @Balance Team decide if healingbloom is being decreased? or any other changes i haven't heard about?

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd like skills that aren't similar to Bonespear, but rather a small projectile that has an AoE effect upon hitting someone or the ground. It could have a set velocity/distance so Druids can't poke from 100 blocks away. In my opinion, these require more skill to land versus Bonespear, which is an instant AoE skill that is difficult to miss.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Entangle new warmup 1.5s (3s duration): I'm not sure how i feel about this, i feel 1.5s for a warmup is a bit long because it could be interrupted very easily, maybe a 1s warmup?

NaturesWrath: I like the idea and i think its better than keeping bolt, but i think maybe a pulse like skill would work better? idk really.

Also did [USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP] decide if healingbloom is being decreased? or any other changes i haven't heard about?
We are still discussing how the skill would look, and we decided the healing bloom nerf was unnecessary.

@Beau_Nearh I disagree, changing skills to fit lore isn't hard, and it doesn't really change the mechanics of the class. I don't see how adding a one second warmup to entangle, and changing bolt to a less damage, small Aoe would change how Druid is played. Not to toot my own horn, but I would consider myself one if not the best active Druid on the server, and changing bolt into natures wrath, regardless if it's pulse or bone spear like will not change how the class plays at all

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
We are still discussing how the skill would look, and we decided the healing bloom nerf was unnecessary.

@Beau_Nearh I disagree, changing skills to fit lore isn't hard, and it doesn't really change the mechanics of the class. I don't see how adding a one second warmup to entangle, and changing bolt to a less damage, small Aoe would change how Druid is played. Not to toot my own horn, but I would consider myself one if not the best active Druid on the server, and changing bolt into natures wrath, regardless if it's pulse or bone spear like will not change how the class plays at all
kk glad to hear :)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I rather replace the skill..."anger" is boring and doesn't fit druid.
Disciple has a 70 damage (average) smite on a DAMAGE CLASS healer with a 150 damage skills is good right?

Dude my point isn't it fitting its the fact that its an easier toned down fireball

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Disciple has a 70 damage (average) smite on a DAMAGE CLASS healer with a 150 damage skills is good right?

Dude my point isn't it fitting its the fact that its an easier toned down fireball
Never said it wasn't...I just don't like the skill in general.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Still a healer hybrid, in your example the damage class disciple is under the healer role
K I honestly don't Understand what you said but might just be me, Ill do another example, Bloodmage is a damage class and siphonblood does less the ire

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
K I honestly don't Understand what you said but might just be me, Ill do another example, Bloodmage is a damage class and siphonblood does less the ire
Yeah but that's a single skill, Druid has only 2 damage skills, comparing it to classes like bloodmage or disciple doesn't work because of their many damage skills