• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid direction worries

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
If you're too lazy and don't play much, why should your past experience with a specific skill justify you saying 'nerf it, too strong, does 150 damage' ect ect. But again, in my original post. I touch on all points with a detailed explanation on my thoughts. And, the only reason to why this thread was created was due to druid's balancing being marked as "done". No need to talk about paladin (even though it does seem a little too strong). This is just a thread about druid and potential changes.
My past expirance with a skill still stays the same if it dosnt get nerfed either

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Even if the player had a build with 25 in intellect, the damage inflicted though ire would be 143.75. That's an 8.75 damage increase. So really, there is next to no difference. Now, you're missing my point. What I'm saying is that classes shouldn't be balanced so heavily on lore such as "the lore says this class has 3 trick shots and 2 DOTs, we must give the class all of these skills". Rather than looking at the lore, balance should be influenced on how that skill set interacts with other classes/ situations.
you put the extra int in for mana too its not a 1 sided stat. easy fix they cast nature's wrath they are rooted for 2 seconds as a drawback, it would reduce kiting with the class which is kinda what makes its overpowered because it is able to kite with HOTs on

@Irishman81 hit the wrong one sorry :p

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Druid has heals for days and earthwall entangle ire and bolt give it amazing damage and the ability to kite, Like yeah druid was squishy if your like me and rolled with 40 wis but I mean then you have heals to compensate

You are aware I am against adding a skill like dragons breath and removing bolt because it would inflict too much damage?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
you put the extra int in for mana too its not a 1 sided stat. easy fix they cast nature's wrath they are rooted for 2 seconds as a drawback, it would reduce kiting with the class which is kinda what makes its overpowered because it is able to kite with HOTs on

@Irishman81 hit the wrong one sorry :p

If the skill rooted the player using it, I don't see that skill being used a lot or even at al! Just as long as the combined damage between ire + the new skill doesn't reach more or even close to the combined damage of bolt and ore. I don't care. But im talking like 65+ damage reduction in terms of the combo's.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Ire still dosnt get nerfed in dis *sigh*

I see ire as the go to damage skill within druid. It doesn't have that much range (6 blocks I think) and it deals a reasonable amount of damage considering that druid is a healing class. Ire should be preferred over other damage skills within druids skill set IMO.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I see ire as the go to damage skill within druid. It doesn't have that much range (6 blocks I think) and it deals a reasonable amount of damage considering that druid is a healing class. Ire should be preferred over other damage skills within druids skill set IMO.
#BringBack12BlockInstantIre

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
If the skill rooted the player using it, I don't see that skill being used a lot or even at al! Just as long as the combined damage between ire + the new skill doesn't reach more or even close to the combined damage of bolt and ore. I don't care. But im talking like 65+ damage reduction in terms of the combo's.
ok if the skill can hit multiple people that adds up to being higher damage overall than bolt, and even with a root the druid will still be healing

Beau_Nearh

Portal
ok if the skill can hit multiple people that adds up to being higher damage overall than bolt, and even with a root the druid will still be healing

I agree that it would be more powerful if it could indeed hit multiple people but I honestly wouldn't consider using the skill personally if I was rooted for using it. Too much of a dis-advantage. But again, this is why I'm against the whole dragons breath like skill being added to druid in the first place.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree that it would be more powerful if it could indeed hit multiple people but I honestly wouldn't consider using the skill personally if I was rooted for using it. Too much of a dis-advantage. But again, this is why I'm against the whole dragons breath like skill being added to druid in the first place.
It's not even a big of a risk if you have all of your HOTs up

xMJay

Portal
druid is fine as is. only problem is the revive cd

bloodmage is the easiest to counter caster as well.

Classes like disc, pally, dk, ninja, cleric, goon, and shaman need tweaks. In the case of shaman a complete rework.

Last edited: