• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid direction worries

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah but that's a single skill, Druid has only 2 damage skills, comparing it to classes like bloodmage or disciple doesn't work because of their many damage skills
Bias Much? (Spelling OP)

ITS A FUCKING HEALER HOW MUCH CAN I SAY ITS HEALS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO THE POINT IRE SHOULD NOT 150, illy you high m8?
*cough* don't get me started on bms damage combined with bloodritual *cough*

Beau_Nearh

Portal
We are still discussing how the skill would look, and we decided the healing bloom nerf was unnecessary.

@Beau_Nearh I disagree, changing skills to fit lore isn't hard, and it doesn't really change the mechanics of the class. I don't see how adding a one second warmup to entangle, and changing bolt to a less damage, small Aoe would change how Druid is played. Not to toot my own horn, but I would consider myself one if not the best active Druid on the server, and changing bolt into natures wrath, regardless if it's pulse or bone spear like will not change how the class plays at all

As my original post states, I am not against adding a warm up to entangle at all. I am against adding a 1.5 second warm up as I feel it should be 1 second at most. Now, the role of balance is to well, balance. This doesn't include taking into account lore considerations as again, it will affect how certain skills/ classes are balanced.

Now, as your proposed suggestion which is replacing bolt with this new skill. It seems to me that you have failed to take into account that it would affect druids damage output over time. As it looks, you will be decreasing the "burst" damage output of druid and increasing the damage over time. Eg;

Bolt inflicts 175 damage every 28 seconds, it uses 1 gun powder as a regent (not the cheapest item)

New skill inflicts 90 damage every 14 seconds, it requires no regent. (180 damage over 28 seconds)

So when taking that into account, you will of traded the bulky skill that is bolt for a new dynamic skill that doesn't require the player to committee as much while using it (bolt has a 2.5 sec warm up). Also, taking away a regent cost would cause the skill to be spammed a lot more often. So in terms of balance, you will be buffing druids damage output as well as druid I general as druid is a very good class to kite with.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
No ire Nerf?

Great to see healers should have a 150 damage skill.....

Right, for ire to have a damage out put of 150. The players druid build would require a level 28 intellect. You will not ever come across a druid with this attribute build as intellect only affects two of the current skills. Ire and bolt. As it is now, the average intellect level varies between 15-20-ish. That being said, the damage output of ire at level 20 intellect is only 135 which isn't much considering that most classes have near 1000 HP. So all in all, there isn't a need to nerf ire.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
As my original post states, I am not against adding a warm up to entangle at all. I am against adding a 1.5 second warm up as I feel it should be 1 second at most. Now, the role of balance is to well, balance. This doesn't include taking into account lore considerations as again, it will affect how certain skills/ classes are balanced.

Now, as your proposed suggestion which is replacing bolt with this new skill. It seems to me that you have failed to take into account that it would affect druids damage output over time. As it looks, you will be decreasing the "burst" damage output of druid and increasing the damage over time. Eg;

Bolt inflicts 175 damage every 28 seconds, it uses 1 gun powder as a regent (not the cheapest item)

New skill inflicts 90 damage every 14 seconds, it requires no regent. (180 damage over 28 seconds)

So when taking that into account, you will of traded the bulky skill that is bolt for a new dynamic skill that doesn't require the player to committee as much while using it (bolt has a 2.5 sec warm up). Also, taking away a regent cost would cause the skill to be spammed a lot more often. So in terms of balance, you will be buffing druids damage output as well as druid I general as druid is a very good class to kite with.
I don't think I said the cooldown or warmup. The cooldown would be the same as bolt, and I was thinking similar to pyromancer's dragon's breath in regards to range/warmup. Trust me, I'm not trying to make the class be over powered, I'm trying to make it more geared for the role it is supposed to play.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I don't think I said the cooldown or warmup. The cooldown would be the same as bolt, and I was thinking similar to pyromancer's dragon's breath in regards to range/warmup. Trust me, I'm not trying to make the class be over powered, I'm trying to make it more geared for the role it is supposed to play.

My thoughts too was that it would be a renamed and re-coloured dragons breath. Cool down wise you would be taking away a considerable amount of damage that druid can inflict (so basically a nerf just so that the skill doesn't require a regent). This would really affect the class as it only currently has 2 damaging skills.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
My thoughts too was that it would be a renamed and re-coloured dragons breath. Cool down wise you would be taking away a considerable amount of damage that druid can inflict (so basically a nerf just so that the skill doesn't require a regent). This would really affect the class as it only currently has 2 damaging skills.
Well as @JupiterRome did correctly say, it's not supposed to be dealing that much damage. And the idea was a change to a less damage Aoe to focus on group fights and not soloing

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Well as @JupiterRome did correctly say, it's not supposed to be dealing that much damage. And the idea was a change to a less damage Aoe to focus on group fights and not soloing

Well this why one of the reasons why I suggested using gale wind as a replacement because it suits druid more rather than another skill that does x amount of damage. If you want druid to be played as a healer, that's one of the only solutions I can see to 'fix' it' as it helps with self preservation. Looking at the damage it does, it isn't much considering most classes hit for 45+ per swing and ire does between 110 - 135 every 10 seconds and has a very short range (6 blocks)

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Right, for ire to have a damage out put of 150. The players druid build would require a level 28 intellect. You will not ever come across a druid with this attribute build as intellect only affects two of the current skills. Ire and bolt. As it is now, the average intellect level varies between 15-20-ish. That being said, the damage output of ire at level 20 intellect is only 135 which isn't much considering that most classes have near 1000 HP. So all in all, there isn't a need to nerf ire.
Almost every druid that is good has over 20 intellect, usually 25.
And before you said that you don't really care about law so why don't we just give paladin bolt and wizard jump...

Beau_Nearh

Portal
And before you said that you don't really care about law so why don't we just give paladin bolt and wizard jump...

Even if the player had a build with 25 in intellect, the damage inflicted though ire would be 143.75. That's an 8.75 damage increase. So really, there is next to no difference. Now, you're missing my point. What I'm saying is that classes shouldn't be balanced so heavily on lore such as "the lore says this class has 3 trick shots and 2 DOTs, we must give the class all of these skills". Rather than looking at the lore, balance should be influenced on how that skill set interacts with other classes/ situations.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Well this why one of the reasons why I suggested using gale wind as a replacement because it suits druid more rather than another skill that does x amount of damage. If you want druid to be played as a healer, that's one of the only solutions I can see to 'fix' it' as it helps with self preservation. Looking at the damage it does, it isn't much considering most classes hit for 45+ per swing and ire does between 110 - 135 every 10 seconds and has a very short range (6 blocks)
k Gunna get Kinda Semi Not Trolly Here
Wind Gale on Druid is Good Lore Wise
Wind Gale on Druid Is Horrible Balance Wise
The Main Problem on Druid Stems From Its kitting.
My Druid Had 25 Int So I mean Yeah 15-20 is Totally Average
This Is Why Jakeyboihasswag
I would actually like to see ire be a dot
DUDE THATS AN AWESOME IDEA
Could See it be like a spiders Poison or something? Where it does like 75 + 1.5 Per int over X (5ish?) Seconds?

Entangle On a 1.5 sec Warmup Is generous, if you've fought a decent druid you would hate the class.....

About this New Damage Skill? Yeah Umm No Should kinda be Replaced with a Buff or a group heal, Maybe a skill like Rejuvenating Waters Where it Shoots Out Bonespears that are blue from the druid like everywhere and applies rejuvenate to Allies hit and a slow to enemies Hit?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
@JupiterRome

I can see windgale being a bit of a pain but currently druid has little to nothing knockback wise. This is a pain when coming against big groups considering you're a healer with only two skills that can inflict damage (and no skills that can knockback). Personally id want to see it tested in group situations (even a 6 block knockback makes a huge difference). Now, when you're talking about the difference in terms of damage between a level 15 intellect and a level 25 intellect level. The difference between the two levels would be 17.5 damage. That over a 10 second period means that you're only missing out on 1.75 damage per second. So, there is no need to nerf or change ire at all considering players is spending 86 allocation points to get that 17.5 damage boost.

I've been playing druid a lot recently and I have noticed that entangle needs a warm-up (as said in original post). But again as I've said about three times now. Adding a 1.5 second warm up to it is to drastic. At most, it should have a 1 second warmup. Now onto a new damage skill. Yes sure a druid would benefit from gaining another skill that inflicts damage but considering it is a healing based class, it shouldn't get another skill that just does pure damage as the class already has ire.

Also, the class does not need another healing skill. It already has four skills that heal (soothe, rejuvenation, healing bloom & regrowth).

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@JupiterRome

I can see windgale being a bit of a pain but currently druid has little to nothing knockback wise. This is a pain when coming against big groups considering you're a healer with only two skills that can inflict damage (and no skills that can knockback). Personally id want to see it tested in group situations (even a 6 block knockback makes a huge difference). Now, when you're talking about the difference in terms of damage between a level 15 intellect and a level 25 intellect level. The difference between the two levels would be 17.5 damage. That over a 10 second period means that you're only missing out on 1.75 damage per second. So, there is no need to nerf or change ire at all considering players is spending 86 allocation points to get that 17.5 damage boost.

I've been playing druid a lot recently and I have noticed that entangle needs a warm-up (as said in original post). But again as I've said about three times now. Adding a 1.5 second warm up to it is to drastic. At most, it should have a 1 second warmup. Now onto a new damage skill. Yes sure a druid would benefit from gaining another skill that inflicts damage but considering it is a healing based class, it shouldn't get another skill that just does pure damage as the class already has ire.

Also, the class does not need another healing skill. It already has four skills that heal (soothe, rejuvenation, healing bloom & regrowth).
Idgaf if you've Been Playing Druid Recently, I played druid the majority Of Last Map, If you need a knockback as druid Sorry to Say it But you Suck horribly, Certin Classes can kill you other classes you shit on hardcore. Ire needs a nerf, No 1 second Warmup Is Basically Nothing

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Idgaf if you've Been Playing Druid Recently, I played druid the majority Of Last Map, If you need a knockback as druid Sorry to Say it But you Suck horribly, Certin Classes can kill you other classes you shit on hardcore. Ire needs a nerf, No 1 second Warmup Is Basically Nothing

Jupiter, if you've got a problem with a specific skill. Make a thread somewhere else stating why you've got the problem and a possible solution to 'fixing it' rather than talking out your arse. There is no need to be next to shit posting in this thread nor does anyone want to see it. If you think Ire needs a nerf, give a reason why it should be nerfed. If you think its overpowered, give a solution on what could be changed with it stat-wise or even usage wise.

Also, a 1 second warm up isn't next to nothing. Adding any warm up to a skill that previously didn't have it enables the target it is aimed at to counter it by using a skill that interrupts casting or even give the target a chance to escape the range of that specific skill.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Jupiter, if you've got a problem with a specific skill. Make a thread somewhere else stating why you've got the problem and a possible solution to 'fixing it' rather than talking out your arse. There is no need to be next to shit posting in this thread nor does anyone want to see it. If you think Ire needs a nerf, give a reason why it should be nerfed. If you think its overpowered, give a solution on what could be changed with it stat-wise or even usage wise.

Also, a 1 second warm up isn't next to nothing. Adding any warm up to a skill that previously didn't have it enables the target it is aimed at to counter it by using a skill that interrupts casting or even give the target a chance to escape the range of that specific skill.
Nope, Too Lazy to do it when I don't play much and just go on the fourms, I've said it since last map The Nerf that Druid Got was a shitty nerf.

That reminds me...... Druid got nerfed within like 1-3 months when it was just me and wild >.< (who pvped) Paladin was op and still got a buff (horses)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Nope, Too Lazy to do it when I don't play much and just go on the fourms, I've said it since last map The Nerf that Druid Got was a shitty nerf.

That reminds me...... Druid got nerfed within like 1-3 months when it was just me and wild >.< (who pvped) Paladin was op and still got a buff (horses)

If you're too lazy and don't play much, why should your past experience with a specific skill justify you saying 'nerf it, too strong, does 150 damage' ect ect. But again, in my original post. I touch on all points with a detailed explanation on my thoughts. And, the only reason to why this thread was created was due to druid's balancing being marked as "done". No need to talk about paladin (even though it does seem a little too strong). This is just a thread about druid and potential changes.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
If you're too lazy and don't play much, why should your past experience with a specific skill justify you saying 'nerf it, too strong, does 150 damage' ect ect. But again, in my original post. I touch on all points with a detailed explanation on my thoughts. And, the only reason to why this thread was created was due to druid's balancing being marked as "done". No need to talk about paladin (even though it does seem a little too strong). This is just a thread about druid and potential changes.
Druid has heals for days and earthwall entangle ire and bolt give it amazing damage and the ability to kite, Like yeah druid was squishy if your like me and rolled with 40 wis but I mean then you have heals to compensate