• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Update #27:
Townships is coming close to actual use on Shrine. By Monday, I can guarantee automated Townships will be working by itself with complete automation. So far, much as come together for Storage, though some logic errors do exist, so early alpha testing can show some automation though:
60PuD.png

Of course, this works on both 1.7 and 1.6, just used 1.6 to show the Protected Region with the automated points selection.

On Shrine ? What about Haven ?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
small question about shrine
will it forever be located inside a mountain?
and if not what will happen to said mountain?
The terrain on Shrine was generated with the amplified setting, and the entire map is mountainous.

Shrine spawn is therefor a series of caves.

darkbadeo

Gold
wel thats usefull meaning no one will be able to go anywhere exept in the caverns cause no tools and as a beginner no skills to fight mobs with
so basicly its hardmode haven
even tho you get less exp and drops?

also is only the town itself amplified or the entire world?

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
wel thats usefull meaning no one will be able to go anywhere exept in the caverns cause no tools and as a beginner no skills to fight mobs with

You can just punch the dirt with your fist and pillar up OR if you wanna get crazy, type /skill summonpickaxe for a stone pick. :)

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6

there are exits into the world at each cardinal direction following the roads out of town. Each of these tunnels ends with some means to get into the outside world and from there it's normal minecraft, albeit on a mountainous map.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

If you aren't whitelisted, go to Ruins.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Update #28
20344ac.png

Totems!
Each totem will look different, with the same Ender Crystal in the center to denote that a totem is there. We will not be releasing the full list of totems and their purpose until we are about to release the Shaman class. A lot of this can be found on the test server, however.

Last edited:

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Update #29

6oz8a.png

Town costs will now show the custom item data for custom item requirements! Just hover over the item name! :D Been working thoroughly on Townships to ensure that it will be easy to understand how things work.
I'm utilizing some internal coding of Minecraft to get this to work, but it works. I'm also going to allow for clicking on command messages to "suggest" commands (so, when you do /town bank deposit this 1000, you can just click the message's /town accept and hit return/enter). It will work nicely :)

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Update #29

6oz8a.png

Town costs will now show the custom item data for custom item requirements! Just hover over the item name! :D Been working thoroughly on Townships to ensure that it will be easy to understand how things work.
I'm utilizing some internal coding of Minecraft to get this to work, but it works. I'm also going to allow for clicking on command messages to "suggest" commands (so, when you do /town bank deposit this 1000, you can just click the message's /town accept and hit return/enter). It will work nicely :)

the clicking of commands rather than typing them out is awesome! Very nice job Gabi! and idea when Township mod will be released and how it will effect the town banks of those towns already created? <3 <3

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
#Update 31 - Offline Townships Citizen Loading
6wdX8.png

I've managed to allow the lookup of offline players. Offline Citizens can ONLY be read, not written to at the current time, this means that lastLogin information can NOT be modified for any reason whatsoever. Town ranks are NOT stored in the Citizen, so that can still be managed normally. This will be further modified to support for SQL database synching and further modification at Admin's disposal.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
#Update 31 - Offline Townships Citizen Loading
6wdX8.png

I've managed to allow the lookup of offline players. Offline Citizens can ONLY be read, not written to at the current time, this means that lastLogin information can NOT be modified for any reason whatsoever. Town ranks are NOT stored in the Citizen, so that can still be managed normally. This will be further modified to support for SQL database synching and further modification at Admin's disposal.
I've wanted this so many times. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.