• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Journal #21.5:
Not so much a developer update but none the less requires some love.

Subscriber Stuff (Coming soon!)
New prefix/suffix for subs only
43A05Xi.png

Sub-only baby-pet
LTBvuqA.png

E1GHTB1T

Stone
Journal #21.5:
Not so much a developer update but none the less requires some love.

Subscriber Stuff (Coming soon!)
New prefix/suffix for subs only
43A05Xi.png

Sub-only baby-pet
LTBvuqA.png

Is that an... undead dog? Or did someone just forget to feed 'Spot'?

E1GHTB1T

Stone
It's obviously a skeletal Foal. I don't know about you, but I've never seen a dog with hooves. What you should really be asking is: Is it a Colt or a Filly?
'Hooves'... yeah - you do have a point there. Actually, the first thing I thought was 'skeletal sheep'... but who wants a skeletal sheep?! Now, skeletal horse... bring on the Riders of the Apocalypse, eh?!

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm going to use my limited knowledge in the English language and assume that Subsribers pay a monthly fee in order to keep said perks,am I right?

E1GHTB1T

Stone
I'm going to use my limited knowledge in the English language and assume that Subscribers pay a monthly fee in order to keep said perks,am I right?
That would be the traditional definition of 'subscription' though the pay period does not always have to be 'monthly'. There are 3-month subscriptions, quarterly subscriptions, 6-month subscriptions, annual subscriptions, etc. Now - what the devs are considering - I couldn't tell you. But I mentioned to someone just the other day that HeroCraft felt like 'Mincraft - The MMORPG' to me and MMO's that offer subscription often have different lengths of subscriptions you can purchases, with the longer the subscription, the lower the average monthly cost.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd kind of hate if you 'NEEDED' to pay to play. Mind you, it would ween out a lot of idiot kids (sorry idiot kids) but at the same time it would be a bit of a butt hurt to the older crowd. Having said that, if the price was reasonable (5 bucks a month/40 bucks a year) I'd stomach it... But then what would become of tiers?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Subscriptions are completely optional and will not be taking over the tier supporter system. (At least not for those who have already purchased tiers, etc)
So long as one doesn't eclipse the other, I'm cool with it. Some people would rather pay monthly, but I know I'm not one of 'em.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So long as one doesn't eclipse the other, I'm cool with it. Some people would rather pay monthly, but I know I'm not one of 'em.
We have no plans of removing or retracting current supporters and what tier they've donated to :)

This is an addition, which if very popular, could become the "norm".

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I still think Tier 9 should be released soon. Especially since you are now going to allow anyone to have the other tiers on a monthly subscription. Tier 9 has been "in development" for at the very least, a couple months and I believe Tier 8 has been around since at the very least, February 2013, maybe even January.

also, if someone is already a supporter, say Tier 4 and they want to subscribe to be Tier 8, how will this be handled? Any ideas?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I still think Tier 9 should be released soon. Especially since you are now going to allow anyone to have the other tiers on a monthly subscription. Tier 9 has been "in development" for at the very least, a couple months and I believe Tier 8 has been around since at the very least, February 2013, maybe even January.

also, if someone is already a supporter, say Tier 4 and they want to subscribe to be Tier 8, how will this be handled? Any ideas?
The monthly subscription will not interfere with the Supporter Tiers, at this time.

I have things planned for Tier 9 but there is no "main" perk for it right now... all it has is lower cost LWCs and Regions ... wasn't sure if that was enough just to release.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Journal #22
Calculating Equipment Weight:

Each piece of equipment weighs the goes toward the total equipped, if you are over your equipment weight, you will become encumbered and move more slowly, as well as have less mana/stamina regeneration. For the sake of balance, we will give boons to the classes who would normally wear heavier armor, at the cost of other starting stats. A paladin may have higher endurance than a rogue but have less agi.
NJnvapqBH3xvPcK6AOxzV59ZPFwwEJ3oFcCLPDZ5v33MO32GTk75pv_53kP80wP-vNFbjQnolDsJ9l4YUY16yDysE-DMUzWT7Xm6NztKeVjEkn3nd15GINiA

Herocraft Plugin - Races & Attributes - Google Drive - Google Chrome_2013-09-10_11-20-22.png

Last edited:

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
Journal #22

Each piece of equipment weighs the goes toward the total equipped, if you are over your equipment weight, you will become encumbered and move more slowly, as well as have less mana/stamina regeneration. For the sake of balance, we will give boons to the classes who would normally wear heavier armor, at the cost of other starting stats. A paladin may have higher endurance than a rogue but have less agi.
NJnvapqBH3xvPcK6AOxzV59ZPFwwEJ3oFcCLPDZ5v33MO32GTk75pv_53kP80wP-vNFbjQnolDsJ9l4YUY16yDysE-DMUzWT7Xm6NztKeVjEkn3nd15GINiA

View attachment 7796
Please just make this to the armor, and not whats in my invintory.... If i cant carry a pallys armor after I kill him, Im going to rage

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Journal #22

View attachment 7796

Are you considering or have you considered adding in a negative modifier to spell efficiency based on weight? Something like <35 weight 0% modifier, 35-44 -10%, 45-54 -15%, 55-64 -25%, 65-74 -35%, 75-90 -45% and 91+ -55%?

Status
Not open for further replies.