• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxAxBOMBxX

Stone
does anyone know wats wrong with the test server? its EXTREMELY laggy and its really annoying but i want to play soooo bad help me kainzo!

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
As bad as everything seems at the moment, I know that we will make it through this. One thing about this entire situation however has made me happy.

We have REALLY come together as a community, and I am proud & honored to be a part of it.

The roleplaying borders we have built between us dissolved as soon as we came under fire from an outside force. There are no towns, there are no guilds, there are no Tree Creepers, there are no KoK, there is no good, neutral, evil, there is no lording of T1-T8, no boasting of titles like architect/designer/herald/loremaster/proctor/guide/mod/admin/founder

There is only HEROCRAFT : The Community

No matter who we are, what our jobs are, what we do, where we go to school. We all enjoy this same server, we log on to have fun with like-minded people who are also here to ultimately have a good time.

Keep on doing what your doing guys, I'm proud of you all, and I am proud to call this place home.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
As bad as everything seems at the moment, I know that we will make it through this. One thing about this entire situation however has made me happy.

We have REALLY come together as a community, and I am proud & honored to be a part of it.

The roleplaying borders we have built between us dissolved as soon as we came under fire from an outside force. There are no towns, there are no guilds, there are no Tree Creepers, there are no KoK, there is no good, neutral, evil, there is no lording of T1-T8, no boasting of titles like architect/designer/herald/loremaster/proctor/guide/mod/admin/founder

No matter who we are, what are jobs are, what we do, where we go to school. We all enjoy this same server, we log on to have fun with like-minded people who are also here to ultimately have a good time.

Keep on doing what your doing guys, I'm proud you all, and I am proud to call this place home.
That was beautiful and so true. People forget their enemies/allies when HC itself is threaten. People has been helping each other and HC without thinking about the past quarrels or fights. This is why I love this community and what makes Herocraft so special to me.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
And we even built our community! Look at all these Brazillian players flocking to our cause. Kainzo already said this, but once this is all over, we want to create a Brazillian Heroes server for refugees from Brazil to play on with no fear of injustice.

cgodmer

Glowstone

No matter who we are, what are jobs are, what we do, where we go to school. We all enjoy this same server, we log on to have fun with like-minded people who are also here to ultimately have a good time.

Keep on doing what your doing guys, I'm proud you all, and I am proud to call this place home.
Amen

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3

I am TheMormon, and I approve of this message.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
As I stated several pages ago, these places are businesses. Craftlandia is a paying customer. They are not going to take actions that will cost them money unless someone makes them. You can say its the right thing to do morally or ethically, and you would probably be right. In this instance however what is right makes no difference, I am simply telling you what is.

Most large companies today have absolutely no ethics. They seek only to make money and mitigate potential liabilities with no regard to the moral imperative. I offer no jugment to whether this is good or bad it just is. If they were to take down the site of a paying customer without direction from law enforcement they would not only lose a paying customer but they would expose themselves to potential litigation if the cause could not be proven.
Furthermore other customers and advertisers might be lost if the issue were to become public, and they were percieved to be on the wrong side of it. I dont like it anymore than you do. I am simply trying to explain it to you from their perspective.

If you really want to see these sites taken down organize a boycot against their advertisers and then contact their advertisers and tell them of the situation. If you can convince the advertisers to pull their advertising or at least threaten a pull based on customer loss maybe you might get somewhere.
Money is the only language these people understand. If you want to comunicate your point to them you're going to have to learn to speak it. Convince these people that not acting to stop these bandits has the potential to cost them more money than acting and you will win the day. Otherwise wait for the authorities to make them.

In either case I would reccomend that you take no illegal actions against them. History has proven that the retaliate against injustice is far more often punished than the original transgressor. If you do intend to do ill please do not metion it in any public or private forum. The arm of the law is long and they have eyes everywhere.

We cannot let this injustice stand. However becoming angry and therefore irrational about the situation accomplishes nothing. Through the choas only the steady mind prevails.

Northac

Obsidian
At the end of this all we should commision a monmument to the fallen (close servers) to commorate those taken by these attacks.
I just think it would be a classy jesture (and we could make it work lore wise too)

C

CoolBeans279(Alt)

You said it! :)

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo I found this from that kainzo's lies thing "Kainzo seems desperate and is now focusing on trying to prove that spunkiiez is a team member and/or leader of CraftLandia" Here is some proof.
proof.png

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
At the end of this all we should commision a monmument to the fallen (close servers) to commorate those taken by these attacks.
I just think it would be a classy jesture (and we could make it work lore wise too)
That would be pretty awesome, I'll brainstorm design a little.
If this happened on the server, could admins place Ender Crystals for us?

cmckenica

Legacy Supporter 7

The roleplaying borders we have built between us dissolved as soon as we came under fire from an outside force. There are no towns, there are no guilds, there are no Tree Creepers, there are no KoK, there is no good, neutral, evil, there is no lording of T1-T8, no boasting of titles likearchitect/designer/herald/loremaster/proctor/guide/mod/admin/founder

And we even built our community! Look at all these Brazillian players flocking to our cause. Kainzo already said this, but once this is all over, we want to create a Brazillian Heroes server for refugees from Brazil to play on with no fear of injustice.
These were just too great to deserve a little "Agree" on a post. You guys, the entire community, have stuck through this all the way. You guys (and the staff) are just awesome :). This wasn't one of the reasons why I joined Herocraft, but it sure is one of the reasons I'm staying. I hope you guys stay too.

P.S. Thanks @Alator for making my smexy title on test :D

donnymeyer

Obsidian
These were just too great to deserve a little "Agree" on a post. You guys, the entire community, have stuck through this all the way. You guys (and the staff) are just awesome :). This wasn't one of the reasons why I joined Herocraft, but it sure is one of the reasons I'm staying. I hope you guys stay too.

P.S. Thanks @Alator for making my smexy title on test :D
offtopic, but how did you get the title softie...

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3

Well said!

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
j2gay said:
If you really want to see these sites taken down organize a boycott against their advertisers and then contact their advertisers and tell them of the situation.

If we were dealing with sane people, sure, this would likely be effective. But it's pretty clear the people at the source of this attack must have some serious psychopathology happening...

Anyone know of a good criminal psychologist who might have some new ideas on approaches to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.