• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Da da da - Kingdoms?!

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Ohai, I didn't see you come in.
Welcome.

Sooo, it's been almost 8 months since Haven was been born and I am pretty sure there still are not even 50 Dragons eggs on the server. This lack of a required item, only attainable through RNG at .0001% chance, now shared with relics and loot crates is really a problem for a group like mine that wants to attain the Kingdom we have worked so hard for over the last 8 months.

With the difficulty of acquiring souls over the old coins and the maintained large amount of items required as taxes, I implore you to officially remove the Dragon Egg requirement, so that I can get my people actually excited again about finishing the process of building an "official" Kingdom.

I know that my Kingdom is the only one anywhere near completing this task and that this suggestion will only help us at this moment, but with this impossible requirement removed, I can only assume that others that had thrown the idea out the window, may re-evaluate their position as well.

Remove Dragon Eggs from the Kingdom requirements
@Kainzo <3

EDIT: as a second thought, this is what I truly believe we should do, but I would take the removal of DragonEggs so it's at least attainable.

If you want my true suggestion then this is what I believe would help the server the most and what I really want to see.

1. Reduce cost from flat 75,000 to 500s per Pylon.
  2. Remove the DragonEgg requirement.
  3. Increase the cost of taxes by 50%.
  4. Keep the Pylon rule as is.
  5. Keep the roads/Trains rule as is.
This would allow for the creation of a Kingdom at the still outrageous price of 155,000 souls, but would be much more attainable for those players who want to put the effort in.
The increase in the taxes would make sure that Kingdoms would only persist IF they were active and continued to farm the needed tax items.

Kingdoms should be a goal for townships and alliance that is fun and engaging, not painful and boring. It should be a selling point of the server that it's attainable as that would draw groups of players and leaders as an endgame goal; instead of something that people use to self punish.:p

The current rules make the would be Kingdom have to spend 100 man hours on gathering taxes for 6 months, plus 100 man hours of mining to get the souls, plus 100 man hours of building to build the pylons, roads and rails. 300 player hours just for the Kingdom upgrade, not even including the Townships which takes twice that time.

With the above suggestion it would lower it to about 200 player hours with slightly more frequent needs to gather taxes.

Remember we want to sell the features of the server, not drive people away with over the top requirements.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Welcome.

Sooo, it's been almost 8 months since Haven was been born and I am pretty sure there still are not even 50 Dragons eggs on the server. This lack of a required item, only attainable through RNG at .0001% chance, now shared with relics and loot crates is really a problem for a group like mine that wants to attain the Kingdom we have worked so hard for over the last 8 months.

With the difficulty of acquiring souls over the old coins and the maintained large amount of items required as taxes, I implore you to officially remove the Dragon Egg requirement, so that I can get my people actually excited again about finishing the process of building an "official" Kingdom.

I know that my Kingdom is the only one anywhere near completing this task and that this suggestion will only help us at this moment, but with this impossible requirement removed, I can only assume that others that had thrown the idea out the window, may re-evaluate their position as well.

@Kainzo <3
We may be able to do this - but what would replace it? ;)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

The rarity of souls in comparison to coin? :p
Keep the 75,000 souls charge (considering it costs at least 130,000 souls to get the cities upgraded for Kingdom) would total the soul cost of creating a Kingdom at about 205,000. Which is a lot...

The fact that @Jonsoon does not have 100,000 souls by now should say a lot to the fact that money is a lot harder to get nowadays eh?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
replace it with peoples heads that you gotta put on stakes every block for perimeter of kingdom limits...

:confused:

RagingDragon5

Portal

End Portal Frames. They are buyable for 1000s and maybe you can add it to the voting prizes as well. However, this would make the kingdom requirement cost 50,000s more, but is easier to get than dragon eggs. So I would also suggest reducing the cost to 500s for an end portal frame.
@Kainzo

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
There are also only 2 other towns now that have climbed out of Hamlet size, no other City yet. The soul costs are quite expensive.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
End Portal Frames. They are buyable for 1000s and maybe you can add it to the voting prizes as well. However, this would make the kingdom requirement cost 50,000s more, but is easier to get than dragon eggs. So I would also suggest reducing the cost to 500s for an end portal frame.
@Kainzo

Yeah, It's already a minimum of 130,000 souls to get the cities up and another 75,000 souls for the current Kingdom cost. Adding another 25-50k souls cost would take it from the insane to the, well. I don't even want to use those words.. :(

Honestly, the cost is already too high. Adding anything beyond where it's at will not help the server or the player base, it will only discourage it further.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
If you want my true suggestion then this is what I believe would help the server the most and what I really want to see.

This would allow for the creation of a Kingdom at the still outrageous price of 155,000 souls, but would be much more attainable for those players who want to put the effort in.
The increase in the taxes would make sure that Kingdoms would only persist IF they were active and continued to farm the needed tax items.

Kingdoms should be a goal for townships and alliance that is fun and engaging, not painful and boring. It should be a selling point of the server that it's attainable as that would draw groups of players and leaders as an endgame goal; instead of something that people use to self punish.:p

The current rules make the would be Kingdom have to spend 100 man hours on gathering taxes for 6 months, plus 100 man hours of mining to get the souls, plus 100 man hours of building to build the pylons, roads and rails. 300 player hours just for the Kingdom upgrade, not even including the Townships which takes twice that time.

With the above suggestion it would lower it to about 200 player hours with slightly more frequent needs to gather taxes.

Remember we want to sell the features of the server, not drive people away with over the top requirements.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
because there is no big point in even upgrading at all
and @Eldrylars money is still very easy to get

Is it? /money top and compare that to last map.
There is no comparison... I personally had 35k last map at this time and I was not even trying.

Now, I am not saying it's hard work. I am saying it's boring work, and no one plays a game to be bored. 75k souls would take about 100 hours of mining if you were super lucky, and that's after you have already mined for 200-400 hours to get your cities upgraded.

Remember, playing a game is about creating a fun and challenging experience. Making players sit in caves breaking stone blocks for hundreds of hours is not fun or engaging.
Making players travel the world and gather various supplies is not great fun, but it's a hell of a lot more interactive then strip mining. Having players build the walls, Pylons and infrastructure of a Kingdom is both fun and engaging. Hell taking out the money requirements all together and add in a walls requirement and that would be even better.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
money is nowhere near as easy to get this map. facts is facts. Although i prefer the soul system to gold personally.

Isaaclite

TNT
Welcome.

@Kainzo <3

EDIT: as a second thought, this is what I truly believe we should do, but I would take the removal of DragonEggs so it's at least attainable.

I totally agree with this... because if we keep going at this rate, i doubt there will be a single kingdom before the map restart (which i heard is coming sometime in fall)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
There are some trying, but the players from AD are discouraging those players from even playing the game, never mind working toward a goal.

Off-topic
Oooh, droppin the AD bomb.
But really, I would be happy to talk to any leader that is having issues and blames those issues on AD, to see if there is anything I can help with.

On-topic
Every other Kingdom attempt, has dissolved since the beginning of the map. Some due to the server changes, others to PVP changes some to PVP itself, and some due to cost. The only playerbase that has been stubborn enough to keep trying is AD, and even with the amount of player power we have had, it's been an unattainable goal. The difficulty of that goal has lost us DOZENS of players who did not want to PVP as their endgame and instead wanted to build and grow as their endgame. Eventually most of those players left because there was nothing to work for. They reached the point where the cities were built but with Kingdom being an impossible task were left with nothing to do.

Off-Topic
Now my Kingdom is 75% pvpers and 25% builders/new players which is not the percentage I would like and makes us a big target for other players complaints.

On-topic
Kingdoms should be a selling point of the server and something that any group of 30 dedicated players should be able to attain within 4 months of start up.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Great points, let's stay on topic friends.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Do not change the reagents for Kingdom mid-map.

If there aren't enough eggs, introduce some through an event.