• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Da da da - Kingdoms?!

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Do not change the reagents for Kingdom mid-map.

If there aren't enough eggs, introduce some through an event.

I am a patient person, as is obvious from how long I waited to try to get this together without trying to change anything. Obviously it's not possible with the current design.

rant-ish
I would put two bits forward.

What is the difference from running a couple events and handing free eggs to all the players at the event as it was last map and just removing the requirement? Players will attend the event anyhow so it's not going to add anything fun to the event that was not already there and if they are given out at an event the end product is still the same.

This is more of a longer term suggestion. There are two group oriented end games in HC that I can identify. PVP Dominance, and "Community" Development/Strength/growth. which are tied together on both a City/Kingdom level but also on a server level.

PVP is rather obvious and at this time there are not many outlets for it unfortunately. Adding PVP objectives AND easy to use arenas again will get players moving forward on that. - Lets not get into this here, and no and I am not talking about use it anywhere anytime arenas...

Community strength though, especially on a non PVP side hits a lot of walls, To many players and you take over the server so growth is limited there. Strength can be very different from each players perspective, but for me it's a show of how close you are in a family sense. Brothers and Sisters working together, while sometimes screaming at each other, generally loving the time spent together. Development though is more of a physical thing in the game world, and since Kingdoms are impossible atm, after townships are built development crawls and is very limited.

I would argue that telling the Admins to give out eggs at the new few events and just removing the requirement are no different, and in fact easier on the staff.

Changing this mid map would not have almost any effect on the server as no one has ever been able to get close to even having the 50 DragonEggs to spend in the first place. No one will complain "but I already paid 50 DragonEggs, they should have to too!"

I am bringing this to everyone's attention as I believe the whole cost of the Kingdom should be re-evaluated and adjusted to a design geared for a large group of determined players to be able to accomplish without Admin support or RNG through organization and drive in a reasonable amount of time. More importantly though, as a fun process.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
agree with pretty much everything eldry says here. not a big fan of kingdom building personally due to the whole annual map reset crap, but if we are going to have annual map resets, kingdom building should be way more accessible than currently set up this map.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Eldrylars money is still very easy to get I made 2000s in the past few days just killing mobs with time pvping and searching the map for a place to put my town.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
@Eldrylars money is still very easy to get I made 2000s in the past few days just killing mobs with time pvping and searching the map for a place to put my town.

Regardless of the amount of souls you can make in an hour you will be unable to create a Kingdom as you will not have Dragon Eggs. Which was the main point of this thread, which has now expanded into a larger conversation.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Regardless of the amount of souls you can make in an hour you will be unable to create a Kingdom as you will not have Dragon Eggs. Which was the main point of this thread, which has now expanded into a larger conversation.
you were the one that also brought money into the conversation so don't complain

Ruger392

Obsidian
The dragon eggs clearly need to be replaced, keep the souls requirement as is but replace dragon eggs with special heads or end portal frames, or anything else really. There is a kingdom lurking that agree's fully with you guys on this @Eldrylars. They could become the first kingdom in haven but this pestering problem is preventing it. I hope it just flats out gets removed because i would love to see kingdomS on the server.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The dragon eggs clearly need to be replaced, keep the souls requirement as is but replace dragon eggs with special heads or end portal frames, or anything else really. There is a kingdom lurking that agree's fully with you guys on this @Eldrylars. They could become the first kingdom in haven but this pestering problem is preventing it. I hope it just flats out gets removed because i would love to see kingdomS on the server.
I could try and make a kingdom but nobody likes Jupiter :(

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo
As an answer to your quick reply up top, if you feel the need to replace the DragonEggs with another physical item, I would suggest Beacons. Not easy to get but not hard either. It would also fulfill the "Lighted Pylons" requirement as you could actually just enforce that each Pylon needs to have a Beacon in their design.

EDIT: Oh and you wanted to make towns use their new player Netherstars for something town related at the beginning of the map as well :p

Last edited:

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Beacons would be a cool idea. Might be difficult to obtain now that badges are diamonds, but it would give the more combat oriented players a way to help the town (a strict builder is in no shape to take down a whither boss)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Beacons would be a cool idea. Might be difficult to obtain now that badges are diamonds, but it would give the more combat oriented players a way to help the town (a strict builder is in no shape to take down a whither boss)

You used to be able to buy them in spawn as well. Is that still the case?

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I won't be pushing for Kingdom. I don't like the idea of splitting up my player base or resources. I feel like overall, kingdom is a waste of resources. As eldry said, not enough builders to fill that area with quality builds. I tried to stick with a single well built and staffed town, just personal preference tbh.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with Eldry here <3

On A different Note....
I totally agree with this... because if we keep going at this rate, i doubt there will be a single kingdom before the map restart (which i heard is coming sometime in fall)
I doubt your source is reliable, Kainzo Has not spoken about a map reset happening soon, also He said Haven was going to stay around for a while..... holy shit just realized its been over 6 months

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Beacon reagents is a great idea but don't make us place a bunch of beacons please. It would be too many beacons needed to replace Eggs, and the map would be full of them, and there would be a "speed pot border" where the beacons ate your potion effects.

I would like to see more beacons especially at non-sneaky swamps or along roads.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Beacon reagents is a great idea but don't make us place a bunch of beacons please. It would be too many beacons needed to replace Eggs, and the map would be full of them, and there would be a "speed pot border" where the beacons ate your potion effects.

I would like to see more beacons especially at non-sneaky swamps or along roads.

The beacons would not need to be enabled and you would not need to place the iron blocks below it. They would just act as light sources as they were in Bastions spawn

Avoir

Obsidian
I have a double chest full of them for the kingdom xD.