• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Conquest - World PVP Objectives - Design Doc

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey guys,
Wanted to post this here to get insight and concerns on the World PVP Hotspots from the community. Once the design doc is finalized and everything is accounted for - i'll push it hard to a (paid?) developer. The below post will be rewritten once ideas are concrete and set in stone.
-----------------------------------------------
[DRAFT]
Objective
: Create World PVP hotspots on the map so that players can battle for control of rewards/currency/items/heroes XP every 5 minutes. Once a point is captured, it will announce the player (leader) that an outpost (with the name in the config) has been captured to the server (or herochat channel specified in the config) then it will enable a passive gain every 5 minutes for the configured amount.

In order to receive a reward, the players must be within the region/area where the objective is at. If another player party comes no one will receive rewards until only one team holds the point until capture.

The players will "capture" the control points and fill a meter / amount to gain control. If they leave the area, their meter/capture is reset or goes down.

Rewards:
Held for 5 minutes
100s
CommandSend (Sends any command given)
500xp
Held for 20 minutes
250s
1000XP
CommandSend
Held for 1 Hour
Configured something.

API/Integration Concerns:
WorldGuard - regions (so we can set any region to be used as an objective hotspot - there will be 4 around the map and it will be announced to let other players know about the passive gains.
Heroes - party system to track who's with who.

Code:
PVPOjective1:
    Region: Objective1
    Currency: 100
    HeroesXP: 500
    CommandReward: /give {player} Goldbar 1

Please note that there are code restrictions and limitations in everything so very advanced and complex systems may not be doable.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Really cool that you are gonna try to get this developed - i think it will add a lot to the server pvp.

Only thing i would add is maybe have a channel to join that sends messages of captures / losses kinda like arena channel, and maybe have special titles or other rewards for towns that own a certain number objectives for a period of time (and maybe reset them monthly or something like that). Dunno if the town tracker part would be hard to implement or not but would be fun to finally have some form of "map control" to the pvp portion of game.

Could have a building contest for capturable forts / whatever if architects are real busy atm.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
-(Should we just have PVP Parties be rewarded and not Townships?)
I think the Parties should be the ones rewarded not Townships. Also what happens when Parties are filled with people from more than one Town?

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Agreed with Aryios, why should the townie 5000 blocks away building in the basement benefit from something he had no effect on? And, as Aryios also said, split town parties. It is very rare to find a party that consist of members of a single town.

Keep the rewards to the people who participated

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
hmm this seems cool! Glad to see you try to improve the PVP situation, it's pretty dead atm most of the time.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I just think towns are a good way to promote rivalry and such. i think one reason we have so many towns of 5 people is because there is not really an incentive to work together on pvp objectives as a town. But if most of server would prefer just rewarding whoever is present, so be it.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
When I think of PvP hotspot objectives on the map I am thinking one per quadrant (maybe two because the map does go out to 5k). And when you succesfully capture one of these objectives you gain a bonus, soul drop rate, exp bonus, etc. I can see more PvP oriented events that have to do with these objectives but overall I would rather have them be open at all times

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When I think of PvP hotspot objectives on the map I am thinking one per quadrant (maybe two because the map does go out to 5k). And when you succesfully capture one of these objectives you gain a bonus, soul drop rate, exp bonus, etc. I can see more PvP oriented events that have to do with these objectives but overall I would rather have them be open at all times
Agreed, I think open all the time would promote activity near them. Someone "could" level uncontested in these areas but thats a bit unlikely on this server.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Yup, I think that ad should split up because they've got so many people that if they come and raid, they will win every timeevery time
People have been leaving to make more PvP. We also rarely have a party of 10, other PvPers just need to organize a larger group

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
AD definitely has the most active town, but i think better / more "meaningful" pvp stuff will hopefully encourage pvp friendly people to stick around or even come back. Also, id like to hope that there will be enough of these objectives that it will be very hard for one town to own them all at once, but dunno what will ultimately come to being.

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds great!

Though these should not be active all the time. There should be one located in every quadrant, and every other hour there should be a notification that a random one is currently active (but not day which one), and then last for one hour. This will encourage world travel and can generate other world pvp with groups running into each other while trying to find the active outpost.

If they are always active, people who play when there are less players on will be able to dominate and control all points for doing nothing. People wouldn't even fight at this time

Yup, I think that ad should split up because they've got so many people that if they come and raid, they will win every time

AD is as big as it is because we have actively recruited, and people generally do not town hop out of our towns.

Maybe this is going to incentivize other towns/groups to get more members and not be an exclusive 'club' where you have to constantly 'get good', and troll.