• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

community

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
To all the PvP players complaining here, you're wasting your words. It's time for all of you who enjoyed PvP so much to let Herocraft go, you're all too old for it now. Minecraft is a kid's game, and so Kainzo needs to cater to the kids of the next generation. Take a look at kid's and how they interact now? Its much different from how you acted when you were their age because almost all of them try to avoid confrontation and cry if anything happens to them. Parent's no longer hit their kids, and personally I think that's the problem.

But look, here is someone who genuinely enjoyed the HC PVE experience! I know it appears to be a rare sight, but just look at how he types, completely ignorant of blatant grammatical and spelling issues in almost every sentence. He is in fact a child (or foreign or something). Probably between age 8-10. That is the community minecraft caters to, and therefore the commmunity HC needs to cater to.

Now all you PvPers pick up a real big boy game, and just let HC cater to what is going to be a terrible generation of no confrontation ever. I recommend Rocket League because it's fun af.
Can confirm, kids need to be beaten.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
In all seriousness what the hell happened to the server.

I can’t even keep up with this. I log in to check up and there’s no one around. Really saddens me to see the community fighting in the open like this.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
In all seriousness what the hell happened to the server.

I can’t even keep up with this. I log in to check up and there’s no one around. Really saddens me to see the community fighting in the open like this.
We're taking a different direction with the server. I don't consider this "fighting" I consider this valid feedback.

We havent advertised, emailed or alerted the community in over 6 months and we're rebuidling a culture from the ground up. You can expect email updates in the next few days alerting everyone of the changes for the latest RPG patch.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
We're taking a different direction with the server. I don't consider this "fighting" I consider this valid feedback.

We havent advertised, emailed or alerted the community in over 6 months and we're rebuidling a culture from the ground up. You can expect email updates in the next few days alerting everyone of the changes for the latest RPG patch.

Sounds good - Ive been checking back but wondering what was going on. Looking forward to it Kain :)

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Personally, I think it would do the situation justice if we as a community would heed what offer @Kainzo has set on the table. He's asked, countless times, and suggested creating a separate thread, to host the "server of your dreams" on our own hardware, with the rulesets YOU GUYS propose, to give you guys a place to play on and enjoy. From what I can read, it's a constant stream of either "restory the glory days!' or otherwise unhelpful banter that further establishes what value you had (or didn't have) to the community, to the grand scheme of things, and to the staff you blatantly disrespect.

Criticism is valued. Child's play is not. Why certain people still circulate around this thread who display strong mindsets aligned against Herocraft ever succeeding again like it did in its prime baffles me. Either behave, cooperate, assist and help restore Herocraft to its former glory under a new set of content, or get out.

I'm going to align the topic of this discussion RESTRICTIVELY to that of a new server being opened, the one delivered as was mentioned "on a silver platter." Any negligence to keeping on the topic of discussion, and I will be locking this thread down and/or banning users.

With that out of the way - what do YOU guys want from a server? What rulesets do you want enforced, what type of environment would appease you? "Just like Bastion" is a piss poor answer.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Personally, I think it would do the situation justice if we as a community would heed what offer @Kainzo has set on the table. He's asked, countless times, and suggested creating a separate thread, to host the "server of your dreams" on our own hardware, with the rulesets YOU GUYS propose, to give you guys a place to play on and enjoy. From what I can read, it's a constant stream of either "restory the glory days!' or otherwise unhelpful banter that further establishes what value you had (or didn't have) to the community, to the grand scheme of things, and to the staff you blatantly disrespect.

Criticism is valued. Child's play is not. Why certain people still circulate around this thread who display strong mindsets aligned against Herocraft ever succeeding again like it did in its prime baffles me. Either behave, cooperate, assist and help restore Herocraft to its former glory under a new set of content, or get out.

I'm going to align the topic of this discussion RESTRICTIVELY to that of a new server being opened, the one delivered as was mentioned "on a silver platter." Any negligence to keeping on the topic of discussion, and I will be locking this thread down and/or banning users.

With that out of the way - what do YOU guys want from a server? What rulesets do you want enforced, what type of environment would appease you? "Just like Bastion" is a piss poor answer.

Amen.

When I think of HeroCraft I think of many classes and people coming together to defend a land claim from opposing forces.

Time in and time out, Herocraft has been about Townships forging alliances and raiding. I would hate to see any of that go or be sidelined.

As a past Player, Mayor, and Moderator, I would want to see the server make turns into building the community in which I have full faith in any team Kain puts together.

PvP has always been essential to Herocraft, but this whole PvE vs. PvP is getting out of hand. You can have one and the other, its just a bit harder from a balance perspective. I think a lot of people are very adamant about not wanting to lose that sense of PvP that Herocraft has been forged on. Sometimes they just can't say it in english. "BASTION DAYS PLS"

So in the light..

1. Townships must Exsist
  2. A bigger frame past townships to aspire to, Kingdoms/Empires
  3. PvP at least in a township form, maybe not ranked but World PvP essentially - maybe a high risk high reward system?
  4. PvE can exist - low risk low reward?
These are just a few points im spewing out sleepily and barely understanding this rift thats here.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Amen.

When I think of HeroCraft I think of many classes and people coming together to defend a land claim from opposing forces.

Time in and time out, Herocraft has been about Townships forging alliances and raiding. I would hate to see any of that go or be sidelined.

As a past Player, Mayor, and Moderator, I would want to see the server make turns into building the community in which I have full faith in any team Kain puts together.

PvP has always been essential to Herocraft, but this whole PvE vs. PvP is getting out of hand. You can have one and the other, its just a bit harder from a balance perspective. I think a lot of people are very adamant about not wanting to lose that sense of PvP that Herocraft has been forged on. Sometimes they just can't say it in english. "BASTION DAYS PLS"

So in the light..

1. Townships must Exsist
  2. A bigger frame past townships to aspire to, Kingdoms/Empires
  3. PvP at least in a township form, maybe not ranked but World PvP essentially - maybe a high risk high reward system?
  4. PvE can exist - low risk low reward?
These are just a few points im spewing out sleepily and barely understanding this rift thats here.
Our focus on the revamps is to balance everything around the new PVE. Once a proper RPG baseline is found, we will revamp PVP side of things.