• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Class revamps + Level Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Sounds good.

I have a few more suggested changes after playtesting through the night (and morning >.>).

ArcaneBlast (Wizard):
Add reagent cost: 1 Ender Pearl
Decrease block range by 1 block

Forcepush (Disciple)
Increase cooldown by 7 seconds.

Forcepull (Disciple)
Increase cooldown by 7 seconds.

QuiveringPalm (Disciple):
Remove until further notice. I'm not really sure I can re-code this one, and the current implementation is too strong for the class.​

ShieldReflect (Paladin):
Increase cooldown by 2 seconds.
Duskblade (Runeblade):
Reduce damage by 10. (120 damage -> 110 damage)​
(The healing amount should stay the same)​

I know the Disciple stuff sounds a bit extreme, but the class is very strong right now. The proposed changes prevent him from being able to have so much control over a fight.
I agree, especially on the disciple changes, as a bloodmage I can almost never land my boilblood with out getting tossed around to 2 hearts.

Furthermore, arcaneblast currently deals 300 damage. That is A LOT of damage since wizard already has two nukes. (Bolt) Is it really necessary that they can kill classes with a small hp pool with just one round of skills?

Finally, I forgot to mention this earlier, I feel that it was unnecessary for paladin to lose pray, it seemed to fit the class quite well, what are everyone else's thoughts?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, especially on the disciple changes, as a bloodmage I can almost never land my boilblood with out getting tossed around to 2 hearts.

Furthermore, arcaneblast currently deals 300 damage. That is A LOT of damage since wizard already has two nukes. (Bolt) Is it really necessary that they can kill classes with a small hp pool with just one round of skills?

Finally, I forgot to mention this earlier, I feel that it was unnecessary for paladin to lose pray, it seemed to fit the class quite well, what are everyone else's thoughts?
I like paladin losing its sustain to be honest, they were tough both armor and HP wise, making them just that more a pain to kill. Not to mention Shield Reflect being a Physical to magic conversion (Magic to magic as well I assume) making any physical defense worthless vs a paladin.

On that note, I find wizards trying to use Arcane Blast very vulnerable at the moment, although it is a hefty hit to then have bolt there after.

My main concern right now is Ninja. They can nuke someone down with an iron sword straight to half (About 500 damage in 1 second) Not sure what combo they use, but I assume Eviscerate is in there.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I like paladin losing its sustain to be honest, they were tough both armor and HP wise, making them just that more a pain to kill. Not to mention Shield Reflect being a Physical to magic conversion (Magic to magic as well I assume) making any physical defense worthless vs a paladin.

On that note, I find wizards trying to use Arcane Blast very vulnerable at the moment, although it is a hefty hit to then have bolt there after.

My main concern right now is Ninja. They can nuke someone down with an iron sword straight to half (About 500 damage in 1 second) Not sure what combo they use, but I assume Eviscerate is in there.
It's your job to go on test and find out that combo with ninja.. We even lessened their damage btw.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
It's your job to go on test and find out that combo with ninja.. We even lessened their damage btw.
Well for the most part, it seemed to be Eviscerate/Envenom added to a few swings. I think it falls under what Delf was talking about with attack timers allowing it to seem like 2-3 hits, but is actually like 6. Though this hits in around 500 initial damage, if blitz was added to the combo, it would mean death for most squishy classes.

Not sure if this is considered broken or over, but thought I would point it out. I still think that ninja should be more of a stealthy class rather than upfront damage dealer.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Well for the most part, it seemed to be Eviscerate/Envenom added to a few swings. I think it falls under what Delf was talking about with attack timers allowing it to seem like 2-3 hits, but is actually like 6. Though this hits in around 500 initial damage, if blitz was added to the combo, it would mean death for most squishy classes.

Not sure if this is considered broken or over, but thought I would point it out. I still think that ninja should be more of a stealthy class rather than upfront damage dealer.
You are correct in how the Ninja is dealing this much damage. Honestly though, I currently do not consider it to be an issue.

Here are two quick facts about the "500 burst".

1. It's predominately made up of left click damage. (And thus, reduced by armor)
2. The Ninja's damage significantly drops after that initial burst.

I agree that the ninja should be more "stealth based", but you cannot force the class into this role and remove his ability to fight in any other manner. He needs to be able to hold his own in normal fights too. Even saying this though, I assure you--if you have two equally skilled players and pit them against each other, a samurai would win a frontal confrontation with a ninja every single time. (At least he could before the update. I don't really know where Samurai is at right now since the changes)

I'd also like to bring up that Blitz is a non-issue. The insanely short range on this skill, combined with the reagent cost and warmup time, prevent it from being abused in a bursty manner. I think the only classes that would succumb to bursts in this manner would be healers. Warriors will beat him into the ground the moment he tries to cast it, and it's wasted on casters (as he can just left click them for more damage).

EDIT: I didn't really mention the Iron sword thing here. You have to understand that all class weapons are meant to be scaled equally across the board. The Ninja's Diamond Sword has around 106 base damage at level 65. If things are meant to be scaled equally, it is justified that the Iron sword does something close to it. I don't know what the exact numbers are, but if he hits for anywhere from 70-90, I don't really see anything out of the ordinary at all.

-----------
It's possible that we need to look at Ninja a bit further, but as Kainzo stated, we did actually lower the Ninja's base damage with the update (I believe it's lower than his previous lvl 60 damage) and he did not receive any new damaging skills, so there shouldn't be any new issues here.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
You are correct in how the Ninja is dealing this much damage. Honestly though, I currently do not consider it to be an issue.

Here are two quick facts about the "500 burst".

1. It's predominately made up of left click damage. (And thus, reduced by armor)
2. The Ninja's damage significantly drops after that initial burst.

I agree that the ninja should be more "stealth based", but you cannot force the class into this role and remove his ability to fight in any other manner. He needs to be able to hold his own in normal fights too. Even saying this though, I assure you--if you have two equally skilled players and pit them against each other, a samurai would win a frontal confrontation with a ninja every single time. (At least he could before the update. I don't really know where Samurai is at right now since the changes)

I'd also like to bring up that Blitz is a non-issue. The insanely short range on this skill, combined with the reagent cost and warmup time, prevent it from being abused in a bursty manner. I think the only classes that would succumb to bursts in this manner would be healers. Warriors will beat him into the ground the moment he tries to cast it, and it's wasted on casters (as he can just left click them for more damage).

EDIT: I didn't really mention the Iron sword thing here. You have to understand that all class weapons are meant to be scaled equally across the board. The Ninja's Diamond Sword has around 106 base damage at level 65. If things are meant to be scaled equally, it is justified that the Iron sword does something close to it. I don't know what the exact numbers are, but if he hits for anywhere from 70-90, I don't really see anything out of the ordinary at all.

-----------
It's possible that we need to look at Ninja a bit further, but as Kainzo stated, we did actually lower the Ninja's base damage with the update (I believe it's lower than his previous lvl 60 damage) and he did not receive any new damaging skills, so there shouldn't be any new issues here.
Fair enough, I was just pointing it out for the most part, seems to be more of a skilled combo to pull off regardless. On the topic of the iron sword, its damage was ok (95 I believe) just tossing out there that I first saw the burst come from one and may be a bit more with actual gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.