• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Class revamps + Level Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
See, my only concern for ranger, is pushing them off the wagon and into OP valley. Waaaay back in Zeal, it was proven that giving them a root was not a good idea, but I think a speed buff is worth trying. Any way we can get that up for testing? (On that note, do we use another server for balance testing? Because on the normal test EXP rates are normal D: makes leveling up hard.)

As for the arrow systems, I don't want to see the diverse arrows in crafting. I think it would make a curve of ranged combat that would either be hard to balance, or just add another thing for us to have to tinker with if Ranger ends up being over. Though I think Delf is right when he says the current system needs a change if nothing new is implemented.

Now, I fear for Dread Knights, they were super crazy at one point and I don't really want to see a tanky class gain high burst. With that being said, they are really low at the moment. I don't really know what to say here without having seen the new skills in action, but I feel like a teleport and burst skill will be a bit heavy if chained with harmtouch (And Empathy possibly?) Though that ultimately depends on stam costs/mana costs.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
See, my only concern for ranger, is pushing them off the wagon and into OP valley. Waaaay back in Zeal, it was proven that giving them a root was not a good idea, but I think a speed buff is worth trying. Any way we can get that up for testing? (On that note, do we use another server for balance testing? Because on the normal test EXP rates are normal D: makes leveling up hard.)

As for the arrow systems, I don't want to see the diverse arrows in crafting. I think it would make a curve of ranged combat that would either be hard to balance, or just add another thing for us to have to tinker with if Ranger ends up being over. Though I think Delf is right when he says the current system needs a change if nothing new is implemented.

Now, I fear for Dread Knights, they were super crazy at one point and I don't really want to see a tanky class gain high burst. With that being said, they are really low at the moment. I don't really know what to say here without having seen the new skills in action, but I feel like a teleport and burst skill will be a bit heavy if chained with harmtouch (And Empathy possibly?) Though that ultimately depends on stam costs/mana costs.
There's a test shack on the test server for testing the new updates. Go to spawn (0,0) and use the nether portal, or nag me when I'm around and I can TP you to it.

I agree that Ranger should not have any rooting abilities, as that would make it too easy to play the class. I'm also wondering how the speed buff would "play", and would prefer to playtest it myself before it actually hit live.

Regarding the DK, Harmtouch is a big issue for the class. It throws their balance into complete chaos. Currently, they're really weak without it. With it, they're far too powerful. It's an immense cooldown that becomes a crutch for all DK players. Honestly, I'd like to see it removed and then balance around the current abilities, but I have a feeling Kainzo wouldn't be too keen on that idea, so I haven't suggested it.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
There's a test shack on the test server for testing the new updates. Go to spawn (0,0) and use the nether portal, or nag me when I'm around and I can TP you to it.

I agree that Ranger should not have any rooting abilities, as that would make it too easy to play the class. I'm also wondering how the speed buff would "play", and would prefer to playtest it myself before it actually hit live.

Regarding the DK, Harmtouch is a big issue for the class. It throws their balance into complete chaos. Currently, they're really weak without it. With it, they're far too powerful. It's an immense cooldown that becomes a crutch for all DK players. Honestly, I'd like to see it removed and then balance around the current abilities, but I have a feeling Kainzo wouldn't be too keen on that idea, so I haven't suggested it.
Yeah, the removal of Harm touch would probably make things easier to look at. Could even up some damage in places with it gone, potentially.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
A speed buff would be an excellent solution to the ranger problem. In the past, I have suggested things that push the ranger out of the direct combat situation, but having to do it manually with a speed buff might be more legitimate.

I will need to see how Harrow works on the test server next time I am online.

There hasn't been extreme changes in Dreadknight gameplay since Dragon, which is most likely the problem. Other classes have evolved without it. Last map, it was still an extremely strategic class and a few players (Digger360 comes to mind) became renowned for their mastery of combos of such a complex class.

Otherwise, Harmtouch from past experiences with Kain seems like it will be staying around for awhile.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree, I think just adding a simple speed boost to ranger and possibly lessening their slow on ice arrow will do the trick.

I noticed that might is being added to mystic, although yes, mystic is a support class, I don't think might reflects the class as one with nature. I picture it more as only heals (HoT). Maybe if we wanted to keep it, just rename it to something different and lessen the duration.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree, I think just adding a simple speed boost to ranger and possibly lessening their slow on ice arrow will do the trick.

I noticed that might is being added to mystic, although yes, mystic is a support class, I don't think might reflects the class as one with nature. I picture it more as only heals (HoT). Maybe if we wanted to keep it, just rename it to something different and lessen the duration.
I agree with lessening the slow, it can be quite over the top.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I agree with lessening the slow, it can be quite over the top.

Agreed. If they have a speed boost, Ice Arrow should take a slowness nerf, as it would probably be too strong.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There's no intent on removing Layhands or Harmtouch at this time.

I'll need to see what the slowness is set to with Icearrow - note that we don't have a lot of wiggle room on movement slows when it comes to potion effects. It's pretty night and day between the effects. We may be able to get around this now but I'm not exactly sure how. Feel free to play around with it Delfofthebla

Mystic may not need or fit with Might lore-wise.
Also I'm unsure what new ability to give clerics - it feels like they could use another offensive ability but I don't think they need more DPS.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Revamp Notes: Updated (4/30)
  • Ranger
    • Track now has a cooldown of 60 seconds, reagent is Compass.
    • Removed FireArrow
    • Added HeartShot (Armor penetrating arrow /w bonus damage)
  • Ninja
    • Add Blind
  • Runeblade (Overall)
    • Impelement New Rune System
  • Bard
  • Mystic
    • HealingBloom now heals the proper range and heals 25 per tick.
    • Add Might
  • Cleric
    • GuardianAngel - reduced to 3s duration, deals 100 dmg to the user.
    • Remove Might
    • Add Anathema: Divine Power smashes your target dealing damage, long cast.
  • Bloodmage
    • Bloodbond mana cost increased to 5m
    • Silence duration reduced to 3s
    • Add Awaken, Bloodmage Revive.
  • Disiciple
    • Add QuiveringPalm (Does base damage and adds a debuff to the target which takes 50% more damage for 5s)
  • Paladin
    • Add HolyStrike - a holy damage based melee strike.
    • Add Revive (65)
  • Dreadknight
    • Add in Shadowstep (short-range teleport to victim's back)
    • Add Harrow (life drain usable only at victim's back)
    • Remove SoulLeech
    • Remove Disarm
    • Terror is now silencable.
  • Samurai
    • Reduced movement speed of Windwalk to 2.0 from 3.0
    • Slightly reduce overall weapon damage.
    • Add AsuraSlash: Evil Sword ability which damages the Samurai as well as the victim.
  • Dragoon
    • Add LunarLance: Deals minor damage but also burns the victim's mana.
  • Wizard
    • PH
  • Beguiler
    • Remove Purge.
    • Remove Might
    • Add FauxBomb (mirror of PlagueBomb) - Deals no damage.
  • Pryomancer
    • Add a damage over time skill
    • Add melee-debuff, Curse
    • Reduce weapon damage slightly
    • Rename Blaze to Inferno
  • Necromancer
    • Add Blight.
  • Crafter
    • Masters at level 20.
    • Skills re-aligned to level 20 mastery.
    • Warp takes you to the safe-spot of your current world
    • Remove Overgrowth from all specs, except Farmer.
  • Enchanter (may not be out yet)
    • Removed Exp Sources except Enchanting
    • Enchanting items grants exp.
    • Spread the enchantments available from 1-65
    • Disenchant requires (1) glowstone dust.
So what's the plan for Wizard? Currently they feel pretty heavy on burst, but have a pretty tight combo they need to follow. Thinking a straight up ability addition might leave them confused atm.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Make sure to read the latest changes here:
Balance Team
I'm not sure if Might is the solution to Mystic. Though utility is nice, I could see something more like a group speed boost or something of the sort. If Might is kept, then the name should at least be changed to reflect it being related to nature.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm not sure if Might is the solution to Mystic. Though utility is nice, I could see something more like a group speed boost or something of the sort. If Might is kept, then the name should at least be changed to reflect it being related to nature.
Maybe Might should be sent to Paladin - I just know Mystic needs some TLC - maybe...

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. I think a buff that is single target, has a low cooldown, and can be applied based on situational needs to multiple party members (utilizing low CD) would be a good addition to Mystic. Allowing for a single target useful buff that can be applied to multiple targets but only one at a time would bring a new complexity to a well played Mystic.

What if Mystic got a reverse Might? A skill that reduced melee damage by X% to your target.

Example config-
"Barkskin, RockSkin, EarthernBulwark", etc: 30% Reduced Melee damage is taken by your target for 1.5 minutes, cooldown is 20 secs, mana cost small yet noticeable.

This could be kept up on multiple targets (one per 30 secs), or a single target. If it is possible to lower the melee dmg reduction for a self-cast, it should be done, otherwise make it a non-self buffing skill to keep the strength of the skill for group play without making Mystic impossible for non-burst melee to kill. Is it possible to place Protection 1 as a buff?

2. Is it possible to code a HealLock skill, where you can select a target for your future helpful casts? There is a suggestion thread for it, and it sounds like a useful tool to prevent creating conditional macros for each of your party members (ie Shift plus Key heals you, Alt plus Key heals tank, etc.)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I honestly want two target systems.
Offensive target.
Defensive target.

It's the best way to handle things imo - just not sure how this would be possible heh.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2

I'll need to see what the slowness is set to with Icearrow - note that we don't have a lot of wiggle room on movement slows when it comes to potion effects. It's pretty night and day between the effects. We may be able to get around this now but I'm not exactly sure how. Feel free to play around with it Delfofthebla

Also I'm unsure what new ability to give clerics - it feels like they could use another offensive ability but I don't think they need more DPS.

I don't really think clerics need more damage output. Smite does 100 damage, goes through armor, and has a (3?) second cd. Plus it only uses 9% mana. Combining this with their tankiness, and their self heals, they can already 1v1 half the classes on here.

If its more variety in skills your looking for, then maybe add another damaging skill, but give smite a 6ish second CD.

-Snip- Should have read farther down haha.

EDIT: could like a nearest friendly target system be possible? ie, skills cast with a certain binding ie ( /skillclosest pray ) would heal the closest party member. This could add some gameplay to having the healer move around the battle.

I don't know how this would work in clusterfucks, and with classes that use ranged heals. Just an idea.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't really think clerics need more damage output. Smite does 100 damage, goes through armor, and has a (3?) second cd. Plus it only uses 9% mana. Combining this with their tankiness, and their self heals, they can already 1v1 half the classes on here.

If its more variety in skills your looking for, then maybe add another damaging skill, but give smite a 6ish second CD.

-Snip- Should have read farther down haha.
Smite has a 6s cd? Are you sure about this?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Code:
    Smite:
        level: 1
        mana: 20
        cooldown: 5000
        damage: 100

I see the issue - they get a 20ms cd reduction every level.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Code:
    Smite:
        level: 1
        mana: 20
        cooldown: 5000
        damage: 100

I see the issue - they get a 20ms cd reduction every level.
I think 6 seconds seems pretty reasonable for a healer class anyways, maybe take out the CD per level reduction and change the cd to 5-6 seconds?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

I've noticed that it is pretty inflexible, it's unfortunate that it is. I suggest lowering the slowness by 1 level. I think it is currently slowness II, which would place it at slowness I. While slowness I isn't very powerful, if the Ranger has a speed buff to accompany this, I think it will be balanced enough.

I don't have access to the skills.yml for test though, so I can't really play with anything without you or gabi doing it for me.

1. I think a buff that is single target, has a low cooldown, and can be applied based on situational needs to multiple party members (utilizing low CD) would be a good addition to Mystic. Allowing for a single target useful buff that can be applied to multiple targets but only one at a time would bring a new complexity to a well played Mystic.

What if Mystic got a reverse Might? A skill that reduced melee damage by X% to your target.

Example config-
"Barkskin, RockSkin, EarthernBulwark", etc: 30% Reduced Melee damage is taken by your target for 1.5 minutes, cooldown is 20 secs, mana cost small yet noticeable.

This could be kept up on multiple targets (one per 30 secs), or a single target. If it is possible to lower the melee dmg reduction for a self-cast, it should be done, otherwise make it a non-self buffing skill to keep the strength of the skill for group play without making Mystic impossible for non-burst melee to kill.
This sounds pretty neat. I think it'd fit in right with their theme too.

I think 6 seconds seems pretty reasonable for a healer class anyways, maybe take out the CD per level reduction and change the cd to 5-6 seconds?
I agree with this. Make the cooldown static, and let them keep Anathema.

Status
Not open for further replies.