• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] [LO] Braavos [102] [Neutral] - Recruiting - No Taxes

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
As of this post, Braavos will no longer be part of the Legion of Oblivion.

Hopefully this should not come as a surprise to anyone since I have been contemplating this since even before the start of this map. This is no longer the New Tempest that I fell in love with, or the mighty town of Oblivion. LO is now turning into a home for immature trolls which used to have no place in LO.
Braavos has always been a little different than the rest of the Kingdom, and that won't change. We have always had different values and style of playing. It is because of these values and morals, that citizens have even left Braavos in the past!

All the best of luck in the future, LO. Hopefully your Neutral status won't give you cause to raid us during this peaceful secession.

To the citizens of Braavos:

Please do not alter any blocks in the Kingdom region until the admins are able to fix up the regions. If you feel the need to leave the town because of this decision, I am sure that the other LO towns will welcome you.

Kind regards,

Jonsoon

Please keep any discussion of this event to the diplomacy forum

Angyles, please remove [LO] from our title

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Sad to see you leave the kingdom, but I support your decition Jon. Good luck furthermore(too sentimental? Guess I got another channel to add to my chat-list :3)

I'm interested to see where this leads. Can someone with authority within the town reply to this when they come online? I still need to settle.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This spirit of the Legion of Oblivion,
These are the guidelines we expect the members to follow in each of the LO cities. These simple guidelines reduce stress on the playerbase and produce a more fluid and fun time for the members of LO as well as the server in general.​
As a member of LO you are expected to follow these guidelines at all times. If these guidelines do not match your beliefs or play styles there will be no hard feelings if you are to leave LO to find a home more suited to your play style. In the case that these guidelines are broken by members of LO there will be consequences ranging from fines to removal from the Kingdom.​
Be a good sport.
  • Be respectful after PvP. Don’t taunt other players when they lose. On the same token, nobody likes a sore loser. Be the stronger person by being polite and friendly, even if other players are trying to taunt you. A 'good fight' can go a long way.
  • Encourage new players so we build a stronger community. Consider putting their stuff in a chest and let them know you’ve done this. Teach people instead of laughing at them. Encourage them to keep trying.
  • Don’t accuse players of cheating or using hacks if you lose against them. Instead, gather evidence and report it.
  • No underhand tactics like using TS to force an opponent out of their MC client. If other players use underhand tactics against you, don’t stoop to their level.
  • No scamming players by trading and then killing them, or by buying severely under-priced goods from someone who doesn’t know better.
Play with your team, not against it.
  • No killing other LO members in anger nor ignorance.
  • If you don’t know another player check their town before engaging in PvP. If you find out they’re a new LO recruit (not yet on Town regions), give them their stuff back.
  • No payback killings among LO members. Killing the same person twice is not an “accident”.
  • Messing around is understandable, but when it comes to the point where people are dying, it needs to stop (for example, when melon fights escalate too swords and spells). That in no way gives new members a good sense of kingdom unity.
  • No killing fellow LO members for a bounty.
Play nice.
  • Don’t be a troll. Teasing and joking are fine in principle, but if the other person finds it offensive, it stops.
  • No abusive talk or excessive swearing in TS or ingame chat toward other LO members, server staff, or anyone at all in public channels.
  • Use the right TS channel for your activities. If you're heading out raiding with a team, or if you’re there for quiet chat, move to an appropriate channel with your group.
Respect the server rules, but more than that, respect the SPIRIT of the rules.
  • Pushing boundaries is fine, but doing things that go against the spirit of the rules, even if it hasn't been banned yet, is not acceptable.
  • No glitching, no using enderpearls to pass through solid blocks, no “abusing the server mechanics” and so on.
  • No using hacks or alt accounts.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Thought Braavos isn't LO?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Does that mean you are staying in LO ?
It means they wanted insight as to why I do not want Braavos to be in LO and are putting new rules in place. Braavos is still technically in LO until the admins can make a decision.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
To anyone wondering, I helped write those new rules for LO with WitchOnaRampage based on reasons why LO is not fit for Braavos.

I started discussing the value in having some guidelines with Eldrylars about a week before Jonsoon made his public move - and this was directly in response to concerns Jonsoon had raised in LO Council. I'd also been seeing dissatisfaction among other LO players too.

It then struck me that Jonsoon was an ideal contributor so I asked for his input. He was keen to help and his suggestions were clear and well-structured and provided the backbone for the final list. Very much appreciated, Jonsoon!

Belonging to a group is more than just hanging out with other people/players. It's because you share interests and values. Jonsoon perceived a growing mismatch between his values as Braavos's Mayor and the values being played out by a rather visible group of LO members. He decided that mismatch was too great to keep ignoring it.

Geez, Jonsoon, I'm really putting words into your mouth here - please do pull me up if I'm on the wrong track!

Anyway... I'm still hoping for a resolution where the great majority of LO members feel they belong to a group that reflects their values.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, my one wrist is feeling better, so I will be a lot more active in game. I still have a cast on my other for a few weeks, but I am working around that =P

The township application has been updated. Please be aware I will be removing anyone inactive for three weeks or more on Friday.

I am looking for a new Manager to help out with things.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Could we get a section added to the first post listing/detailing current project that the city is working on?