• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] [Halvalor] [20] {Neutral}

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Just so you know barachus is J3sus' brother and as such is basically immortal. He has been given explicit permission by j3sus to have his plot and do what we wants / play how he is playing. I don't say this to argue - but just to let you know in case you weren't aware.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
lol i know who barachus is.. :p talked to him a few times... just dont get on his bad side..... there would be blinding light.... and blocks everywhere.

might be a good investment to go music disc hunting.............they probably sell for good coins....... hmmm

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I initially said the 3 tiers just to keep things simpler...but since I'll be tracking everything anyway - how about this compromise, subject to j3sus's approval of course:

12x12 initial plot is free (or 20c if j3sus wants)
every 1x1 extra area will be 30c each, up to a maximum of 24x24. This way, the max 24x24 space would only be an extra 360c. We could discuss plots larger than 24x24 on a case by case basis - but just to provide a limit we can stick with that as the max for now. That way, if existing houses are just a few over 12x12, or if a particular house design is 15x15, people can buy exactly what they need. And just to clarify for people, the 12x12 (or extra land purchased) is for the plot, not just the structure. So if you build a house and a fence around it marking off your own territory, the edges of the fence would be the edge of your plot. Not just at ground level, but also above ground and below ground.

Also, if I sound strict about things in general, it's not because I wanna be a jerk or penalize people, or think that I'm better than others, I just think strong boundaries are good for keeping people in check. And they're not necessary for people like you Plasma, but they are necessary for younger, more casual players, that don't really care about the town as much.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
If anybody thinks an amount is too much money, we have lots of manual labor that can be done to beautify the town, I've got multiple projects backed up that will pretty things up, but I don't have the time to do them.

As for the price, I guess I need to take a count of all available plots left in town, and make new ones in the new areas once the roads are built. Then we can decide how much space we have and what plots could be what sizes. I like the idea of people having larger plots, however I am afraid of what would happen if our town stopped expanding in number of members because of size limitations, so the price should be somewhat prohibitive.

Also, regarding buying people out, these are my thoughts. Lets say you lived next to me, if you wanted to expand into my plot, and suggested that I move to like a vacant plot, and you helped me demo my house, build my new one and move stuff and the town leadership agreed and you paid for plot expansion I don't see a problem with that. I guess it comes down to all parties agreeing, but in theory is a good idea.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i got it solved... tnt and creepers.... booom.. i get crater plot for freebies lol

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
troll and me are kicked out because we are griefers and kr1d3r22 was kicked because of him saying "
YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID IM GOING TO LAUGH IN YOUR FUCKING FACE WHEN TROLLATEDER FUCKING GRIEFS YOUR SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
" sooo yeah

in short.. its a mess.. even you can admit that. regardless of what happened, it happened. The town has to look out for itself, as does any town, or server. crap does happen, but the bigger picture is that this is the internet. you could be a 45 yr old duck that has wifi at the local pond. there is no way to prove or disprove anything. its the internet, wild place.

i understand the frustration and anger, but if you can see it from a towns side.... its the best choice for the time being.
you can make this a negitive thing or you can make something positive out of it and learn from it. :)

yay internets !!!!

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
As for the plot sizes -- I propose that there be 3 tiers of plots...

12x12 -- free initial plot, or if J3sus wants to charge 20c - that's cool too. Taxes @ 15 (when they go back up)
18x18 -- an extra 200c for the initial purchase, and extra 5c a week in taxes (when taxes go back up to 15)
24x24 -- an extra 500c for the initial purchase, and extra 10c a week in taxes (when taxes go back up to 15)

Hmmm... my house is kind of oddly positioned in this. I built my house before Hal was an official town, because I noticed someone dug a niche into the cliff (where my house is now :)). It's a smart use of space too, as there's not much space at all on the grass between my house and the town roads for a plot.

The main issue here is: Should I have the max tax per week? I think 25c per week would be fine. However, I don't think I should pay 500c for the thing because it's been there ever since the beginning and survived 3 weeks without me. It's discreet and original, so despite its size it really blends in.

Man! Lots to catch up on!

I like your plot ideas sadik. I think 500c for a 24 x 24 is about fair.IF ANYTHING, I would recommend raising the price for bigger plots. A 24 x 24 is a TON of town space, if we have it at 300c ish then it wouldn't be as much a privilege and we'd see too many of those plots. Then we'd have to change the system to make room for more plots, then it becomes unfair, then a civil war starts. :eek:

As for houses that are prebuilt before this system is implemented (if it is) then that won't be a problem, you can keep your space with no extra charge.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
It seems we have a group of people that read the forums, and a group that never read the forums, in order to make the house design contest as fair as possible, I would ask if you guys could do me a favor. If you are on and you see people logon that havn't been on in a while or you think don't know about the contest, say something about it in chat to try and get them motivated.

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
J3susfreak -- I'm glad to hear your feedback about this issue. I completely agree that the 24 x 24 plots are huge, and as such, should demand a high premium. I actually wondered if 500 was too low when making the first suggestion, heh!

J3sus - would you prefer to use the set plot route (12x12, 18x18, 24x24) or the other idea, where people pay for each additional 1x1 space? I'm kind of indifferent on which method to use - both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Also, don't anyone get any ideas about his comment about houses being large before implementation. That doesn't mean you can go expand your house to 24x24 today and it be free :) I'm paying attention to new developments. He's talking about the houses like Zaspar's that have been that way forever.

Basically, I think having some kind of system is necessary here - once we decide on which method to use, I'll be enforcing the rules and keeping track of people's plot sizes.

Thanks!

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
sWNwr.jpg

yeah i'm jealous..... :p

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
sadik, I'm starting to think we need a floor. When I'm in the storage room it sounds like a cow orgy upstairs

Katabolt

TNT
Hey Sadikyo and kperkins- do you guys have an interior design idea for your house yet? If not, I'm willing to help out :)

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I do Kat, but I will certainly let you know if I need help or have trouble with anything. Thanks very much for the offer!