• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Chat: Add a PvP Channel.

Would you like a PvP chat channel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey there, simple suggestion here: Add a /ch pvp channel.

I think the conquest and war stuff has definitely woken the server up and given it life. I may have only been here a month, but it has been a dramatic increase in activity. I think all the extra PvP is great just for activity's sake.

I am not a PvPer. I like my clan town, and I like venturing out into the world occasionally to punch rocks and trees. Or gather flowers. But mostly hermiting with the cows. That being said, this suggestion is not solely based on the fact that I do not PvP.

When it is conquest time, or war time, /o lights up. And it's typically the same few people just talking to each other, but using /o because it's easier than sticking their chat to /sh. This creates a flood of one-sided convo. By one-sided, I mean for the PvPers only. Even during non-war times, when conquest is up, /o is 'claimed' by PvP chatter. To the point that talking in that channel gets you personally targeted.

Another thing that happens pretty much because of PvP, and by the PvPers, is blatant disregard for the rules, and a free pass on all chat rulebreaking. Caps, spam, and spam in caps are heavily used. And every time, it is either ignored, or people are given a 'warning'. Well, I know and you know the top names that are doing these things and are never taken past 'warning'. And, it's understandable. Some mods and staff love to PvP, too, and them shutting their friends/enemies down just isn't fun. Unless it's with a stab to the face.

It also creates a hostile environment for new players. They should be using /h and /tour, but of course they'll be in /o, and what they'll see is a spammy, caps-filled world that sets a bad precedent. It's like the server has gone into spam mode, I've never seen so much of it in my time here. It being summer break should not be an excuse. A reason, perhaps, but not an excuse for the server to become a shitting ground.

Now, it is clearly unreasonable to just mute half the server because PvP makes people excited and they like to spam/caps when they kill/are killed. I've got brothers, I've heard it across the house and even outside the house. PvP does crazy things to people.

So, back to my suggestion for a PvP channel.
A glorious channel where people could say R E L T B O Y S 12 times in a row and not even get glanced at sideways. Get a kill? Caps that noob, yo. Someone killed you? You can cry your heart out in /ch pvp, son. Conquest is up, a guy got one shot by shadowstep? Light up the channel as though you've never seen it before, for the 15th time that hour.

/ch pvp would have the caps and spam restrictions lightened, as long as it had to do with PvP. The idle death threats and suicide suggestions that come with it would be tucked away from the new players joining, as well.

Also, the conquest and war notifications (in chat, not in the middle of the screen) could have, attached to them, 'Join /ch pvp!' to help the transition, as well as a new server help message.

I realize this is not an absolute solution, but I feel that it could help both the PvPers, and those that wish to stay out of it and still chat with the server.

Thank you for reading. Please participate in the poll.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
@FrankyDemon1996
Because PvE players have no reason to be salty or toxic, thus don't eat away at public chats. PvPers however, tend to be as toxic and salty as possible at all times of the day. A Pvp chat would clean up pub chats <3

On a side note, @devotedworker , you really disagreed with this? It would be nice on you as a proctor if all the PvPers were moved to their own chat that they can blow up and you don't have to warn or mute them all the time.

I would change this idea to just... make a Pvp chat channel. That's all. Make it have basically no rules aside from blowing it up with 25+ spam. Then Cat can spam that franky has no balls and franky snappy respond and both of them not get muted for it (example).

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@FrankyDemon1996
Because PvE players have no reason to be salty or toxic, thus don't eat away at public chats. PvPers however, tend to be as toxic and salty as possible at all times of the day. A Pvp chat would clean up pub chats <3

On a side note, @devotedworker , you really disagreed with this? It would be nice on you as a proctor if all the PvPers were moved to their own chat that they can blow up and you don't have to warn or mute them all the time.

I would change this idea to just... make a Pvp chat channel. That's all. Make it have basically no rules aside from blowing it up with 25+ spam. Then Cat can spam that franky has no balls and franky snappy respond and both of them not get muted for it (example).
you do realize that this will never be used, people would still need to follow herocraft rules in it and that there will continue to be toxic players talking in public chats right?

Avoir

Obsidian
You guys do realize that "O chat" means off topic right, so if people wanna troll,flame, or anything really they can... It's the proper chat to do it in! Don't like hearing it? Wow there's a little command /ignore that works really great or you know if you're really really smart you can always put your big boy pants and /ch o leave.

Damn that was hard huh?

You guys do realize that "O chat" means off topic right, so if people wanna troll,flame, or anything really they can... It's the proper chat to do it in! Don't like hearing it? Wow there's a little command /ignore that works really great or you know if you're really really smart you can always put your big boy pants and /ch o leave.

Damn that was hard huh?
My brain cannot comprehend, too hard for me~

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3

Damn that was hard huh?

The reason /ignore is never used is because the human mind is curious, and wants to know what others have to say. How we react off of that, is what defines who we are after all. One might also say we're prideful, and want to respond to shit talk, but who knows.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

Damn that was hard huh?
Actually it is now OutOfCharacter chat.
O chat is a GENERAL chat. Flames and bitching should really be kept to PM's, Shout, Local, or Private chats. It's allowed in O to an extent, but there are better places.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually it is now OutOfCharacter chat.
O chat is a GENERAL chat. Flames and bitching should really be kept to PM's, Shout, Local, or Private chats. It's allowed in O to an extent, but there are better places.

I agree with this, but I think this is another one of those things we all know...people don't flame just for themselves. They want the attention, to make someone flip out and then gather their friends to splash around in the river of tears.

In a perfect world, we'd all be fwends, and we'd troll each other jokingly and know when to shut up. We'd i-bonics a one-liner, and then go back to casual chat. We'd poke fun at someone who died because they were afk, then remind them not to go afk and walk away. We'd caps for emphasis on occasion because damn this game for not having bold.

But, it's not a perfect world. KDR makes people 'accidentally' kill steal a bounty 15+ times at a GY while the guy begs for them to stop with a wall of spam in /o. poop and inside jokes lead to 'wc' repeats that absolutely require caps. I mean, I'm not going to keep going on, the point has been made.

No legit internet PvPer worth his salt is going to use anything less than the largest channel he can find to share his exploits (literally and figuratively), but I thought it might be worth a try. Most games have zoned PvP for a reason. Haha.

To add to my original post, I don't expect some sort of haven, scrubbed free of the scum of PvP or some end-all-be-all-we-hate-you shit like some people are making it out to be. The suggestion is meant to be a benefit to the entire server, not a jail. PvP chat is still fine in /o, in my opinion. ...Just not the spammy, flamey, capsy, memey stuff.

Avoir

Obsidian
I agree with this, but I think this is another one of those things we all know...people don't flame just for themselves. They want the attention, to make someone flip out and then gather their friends to splash around in the river of tears.

In a perfect world, we'd all be fwends, and we'd troll each other jokingly and know when to shut up. We'd i-bonics a one-liner, and then go back to casual chat. We'd poke fun at someone who died because they were afk, then remind them not to go afk and walk away. We'd caps for emphasis on occasion because damn this game for not having bold.

But, it's not a perfect world. KDR makes people 'accidentally' kill steal a bounty 15+ times at a GY while the guy begs for them to stop with a wall of spam in /o. poop and inside jokes lead to 'wc' repeats that absolutely require caps. I mean, I'm not going to keep going on, the point has been made.

No legit internet PvPer worth his salt is going to use anything less than the largest channel he can find to share his exploits (literally and figuratively), but I thought it might be worth a try. Most games have zoned PvP for a reason. Haha.

To add to my original post, I don't expect some sort of haven, scrubbed free of the scum of PvP or some end-all-be-all-we-hate-you shit like some people are making it out to be. The suggestion is meant to be a benefit to the entire server, not a jail. PvP chat is still fine in /o, in my opinion. ...Just not the spammy, flamey, capsy, memey stuff.

hc.to/rules, you should read those... Everything you listed is against the rules the problem isn't that we have PvPers in the same channel, the problem is that the mods/proctors/admins aren't around 24/7 to enforce the rules. Making another channel won't changing anything or help anyone out.

PS: PvE players flame like every other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.