• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Chat: Add a PvP Channel.

Would you like a PvP chat channel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The reason why pvers don't talk as much in global is because wtf do you talk about when u just die from creepers.
Also, the most toxic player was Lukevillani and he was a pve'er
The issue is while yes o chat is general, it often gets filled with pvp spam of "get good" and "rekt" or whatever you hip kids use these days.

/ch pvp would be a place for all that.

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
Considering the ridiculous # of channels we have for some topics, I find it odd that there is this much sentiment against a pvp channel.

Also, kinda tired of the word "toxic"...getting to be a meaningless label at this point.

I've seen "toxic" behavior from a few of the mod's (mostly proctors i think) on this server, especially the ones who also pvp regularly. I've personally witnessed them repeatedly killing noobs and then using their mod powers to mute/threaten in o chat when the player they just killed goes off... Maybe allowing them to go off in a pvp channel would also level that playing field a little. Regardless, it doesn't take a genius to see a conflict of interest there.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Considering the ridiculous # of channels we have for some topics, I find it odd that there is this much sentiment against a pvp channel.

Also, kinda tired of the word "toxic"...getting to be a meaningless label at this point.

I've seen "toxic" behavior from a few of the mod's (mostly proctors i think) on this server, especially the ones who also pvp regularly. I've personally witnessed them repeatedly killing noobs and then using their mod powers to mute/threaten in o chat when the player they just killed goes off... Maybe allowing them to go off in a pvp channel would also level that playing field a little. Regardless, it doesn't take a genius to see a conflict of interest there.
If you see this to a largeish degree, take it up with a Mod+

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The issue is while yes o chat is general, it often gets filled with pvp spam of "get good" and "rekt" or whatever you hip kids use these days.

/ch pvp would be a place for all that.
it really doesn't get spammed often at all :p

Proctors are players too, they are allowed to kill players like anyone else. Just because you are getting killed doesn't mean you should go blow up in o chat or any other chat for that matter, and when you break the rules you get muted. simple as that.

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!

Proctors are players too, they are allowed to kill players like anyone else. Just because you are getting killed doesn't mean you should go blow up in o chat or any other chat for that matter, and when you break the rules you get muted. simple as that.

Completely agree....however when you're the one doing the killing and the discipline...that's clearly a confict. I could see where someone might even think it was "fun" to piss off some kid and then mute him when he got mad.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

"Often"

It happens, certainly not to the extent some try to make it out to be.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
"Often"

It happens, certainly not to the extent some try to make it out to be.
Yes, but it will happen sometimes on every public server.

Completely agree....however when you're the one doing the killing and the discipline...that's clearly a confict. I could see where someone might even think it was "fun" to piss off some kid and then mute him when he got mad.
You are still supposed to do your job, and if the player thinks they were unjustly muted they can take screenshots and take up with the mods/admins.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Update --

Give arena their own channel.

Perhaps some sort of...PvP channel.

:D

No, but really, it's just more spammy, one-sided conversation that takes over /o. And it's not out of character, it's specific conversation relating to specific events, regarding specific players, doing things in a specific environment, in the same category and is well recognized as a part of the server.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Update --

Give arena their own channel.

Perhaps some sort of...PvP channel.

:D

No, but really, it's just more spammy, one-sided conversation that takes over /o. And it's not out of character, it's specific conversation relating to specific events, regarding specific players, doing things in a specific environment, in the same category and is well recognized as a part of the server.
/ch leave o
Why don't you make a pve channel for when you are killing mobs... then
Why don't you make a build cgannel for when you are building... then
Why don't you make a RP channel for when you are RPing... then

Maybe I am sick of hearing in o chat, i rek u sp0der, cr33pers r so op!!1!

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
/ch leave o

Actually there is an RP channel.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
/ch leave o

Sir, that troll and bait has been done already, move along please.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I think this would be a good idea. Personally I love listening to people playfully jabbing at each other in chat after/before/without a fight but sometimes o chat gets a bunch of spammers in it. Would be nice being able to take a dip out of o chat from time to time while still being able to watch a pvp chat. But that's just me and how I feel.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm just tired of all the people who disagree with this. They can't make a valid point beyond "it won't be used".

And so what? If you don't like the idea, then don't use it. That simple. It isn't like you're tied to a pole labeled the pvp channel. You have access to all the channels on the game. Knirps is just trying to give an option to players who may actually appreciate it. If you don't like the idea, then just don't use it. It won't affect you at all anyway.

**EDIT**

This is on mobile, therefore mistakes may have been made

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.