• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Changes

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So IDK why Delf coded it like this, but the current garrote is nothing like I imagined.

How it's supposed to work:

Garrote- (Requires a string in hand)
When you are sneaking/invisible you are able to garrote your target. This stuns the target.

The current garrote is just a much worse kick. (Higher CD, less damage, less silence, stealth requirement)
Garrote has always been an interrupt/silence, im not sure how easy it would be to code it to do a stun only if invis, I might have to look into it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bottom line:
True hybrid classes need better attributes effectiveness due to how they have to spend what they have.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Bottom line:
True hybrid classes need better attributes effectiveness due to how they have to spend what they have.
Pretty much this. Currently hybrids are balanced as if they only had to allocate 3 or 4 attributes. Simple buff to scaling would work wonders to make these classes more viable.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
*Warning*
I have the least experience with healers. Because of this, my upcoming statements may be misinformed.
With that said, lets start Day 4: Healers!

Healers

Cleric-

Lets bring up the biggest problem with this class. LVLing! Cleric is a cool class, but it's lvling is just hard and boring. @Eldrylars idea of giving them a skill to increase their melee is cool, but I think a simpler way is possible. How about you let clerics target their heals on monsters damaging them? It makes lore sense where using holy spells harms evil creatures. This would also be much easier to balance since it wouldn't affect PVP. This is already semi-implemented with Holy Aura and Holy Water. This would make lvling as cleric much better and all the clerics I've talked to love the idea.

In the case of actually balancing the class, I have little to say. From what I can tell it's viable, but it takes a while to get there (So most quit before they master). I'll leave others on their opinion of the "Balancing State" of the test.

Druid-

I like the concept of druid. A combination of Wizard and a HOT healer with a variety of unique utility skills. The only problem I see with the class is the potency of the HOTs. The point of a HOT (Heal over time) is that it general has higher heals than an instant heal, but sacrifices the the fact that it happens over time and the user is still susceptible to Burst damage. Now lets compare these skills to cleric. I know druids heals will be lesser due to their damage skills, but lets just see the difference.

Regrowth-
Base: 30 + 1.125 WIS
HOT: 16 + 0.6 WIS every 3 seconds over 15 seconds
CD: 3 Minutes
Warm-Up: 2.5 Seconds
With 30 Wisdom: (60) + (170) = 220

Sacred Hymn-
Base: 200
Scaling: 3.125
CD: 3 Minutes
Warm-Up: None
With 30 Wisdom: 293.75

Healing Bloom-
Base: 12 ever 2 seconds for 20 seconds
Scaling: 0.42 WIS
CD: 15 Seconds
Warm-Up: 2.5 Seconds
With 30 Wisdom: 246 HP

Divine Blessing-
Base: 120
Scaling: 3.25
CD: 15 Seconds
Warm-UP: 2.5 Seconds
With 30 Wisdom: 217

In the case of Regrowth and Sacred Hyme, Not only does Regrowth heal less, it also takes 15 seconds to do the full heal. In the case of Healing Bloom and Divine Blessing, Even though Healing bloom heals more 5 seconds of healing occurs after the cooldown. This means if a cleric and a druid where constantly doing these skills:

Druid Every 15 Seconds: 184
Cleric Every 15 Seconds: 217

So effectively, the healing is WORST and takes longer to occur.

Bloodmage-

Welcome to waiting. This class has the least amount of active skills (11). Combined with it's plethora of warm-ups it's a lot of moving slowly then running around til a cooldown is off. What I propose is that the class just needs more skills. A lot of good ideas have accumulated on this thread: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/class-rework-bloodmage.48190/
I'll list the ideas I like the best:
  • BloodWell: Blood bursts forth from your target. Melee and Physical attacks to the target are healed X% of damage dealt to a cap of X HP. It would basically work like a targeted blood drinker.
  • BloodDrive (Name Work In Progress): You sacrifice X% of your current HP healing allies X% of health sacrificed. Large heal drain to the caster in order to provide a much needed AOE heal.
In general, Blood mage needs more skills (Definitely more skills that give Blood Union) and I'd like the bring it up for some discussion.

Disciple-

Yay hybrids. Your scaling is so low and you attributes are spread so thin no wonder you are doing bad. As Kainzo and I have said before they need better scaling. It's a really easy fix when you think about it. Disciples scaling would be fine it was a typical rogue, but it's not. It has to Spec INT, WIS, CON, END, and STR to be effective.

Also, Disciple is lacking in skills. Yes they do have 12 active skills and Fist of Jin as a passive, but I find balance to be a useless skill most of the time and safefall is a gimmick. Maybe another INT based skill to better round out it's kit.

This concludes "Balancing With Malik!" Tune in next episodes for....WAIT! We are done?!?! Great! Now I hope I expressed my opinion on the state of the class. Just take this las post with a grain of salt...or an tire dead sea if you wish (Healers are truly my weak point.) Hope fully the other members can pick up my slack. Keep your eyes pealed when I make a rap up post that will list the major suggestions without the explanation fluff.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
*Warning*
I have the least experience with healers. Because of this, my upcoming statements may be misinformed.

I''ll help you :)

Cleric-
Not even going to try @Eldrylars
Druid-
I feel druid is in a good spot right now. As you pointed out their damage cant be too high because of the heals and utility. When I played mystic last map it was pretty much god. It could 2v1 and sometimes even 3v1 because no matter what you'd always be healing and you have replen. The heals and replen have been changed since then so I'm not too worried about it atm.
Bloodmage-
Having mastered bloodmage last map I must say the community is dead on with the ideas I had for the class. It really needs to be more support and be constantly shifting around mana, dmg, and health. Skills that heal others would take HP (from the user or their eneies) and dmg spells would take mana ONLY (with a reduction of dmg and number of dmg skills obviously), and more group heals.
Disc-
Oh boy disciple...
  • Lower number of scaling attributes
  • More group heals
  • More magic dmg
  • Lower CDs
  • Remove FistOfJin
  • Remove Seikuken (maybe)
  • More skills? (maybe)
That's pretty much it. Thoughts?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Condensed Patch Notes Version:

Warriors:
  • Paladin-
    • Magic Ward
      • Duration: 4->6
      • No longer requires a shield
    • Shields:
      • Trap Door-
        • Protection: 10%->15%
      • Wood Door-
        • Damage: 24 ->25
        • Protection: 15%->20%
      • Iron Door-
        • Damage: 28->30
        • Protection: 20%->25%
    • Taunt: Protection scales 0.35% Per STR
    • Reckoning-
      • Damage: 45->50
      • Scaling: 1.25->1.65
    • Holy Aura: Let it heal the paladin but for only 75%
    • Holy Strike-
      • Base Damage: 30->35
      • Scaling: 0.875->1.2
    • New Skill:Bless Weapon (LVL 1): Increases melee damage against mobs.
      • Damage: (10 + 0.25 INT)
      • Mana: 200
      • CD: 20 Seconds
      • Duration: 20 Seconds
    • DreadKnight:
      • New Skill SickeningStrike (LVL 15): Deals initial damage and a Nausea inducing DOT.
        • Damage: (40 + 1STR) (8+0.3 INT) Every 2 seconds for 8 seconds
        • CD: 15 Seconds
        • Mana: 150
        • Stamina: 300
      • DreadAura:
        • Tick rate: 3->2 seconds
        • Base: 10->7
        • Scaling: 0.375-> 0.325
        • Mana: 35 per tick
      • SoulLeech:
        • Base: 14->12
        • Scaling: 0.0375->0.150
  • Dragoon:
    • Jump: When in combat jump works like lunge
      • Range: 8 + 0.1 Agility
    • Tremor:
    • CD: 9->20 Seconds
If these where to be implemented I would do it a section at a time (In this case warriors). This way, if there are any problems afterwards, it will be easier to pinpoint it's origin.

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
For all the tags, for Cleric I made my best suggestions to start here. Fill up the Clerics time more by bringing back the missing heal "pray" decrease the cooldowns drastically as suggested and if you want to add some damage back into it then rebalance smite.

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/changes.47840/#post-381088
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/changes.47840/#post-381120
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/changes.47840/page-2#post-381264
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/changes.47840/page-2#post-382078

I can go back into specific details, but I lest most of it out here already. :p