• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Class Rework:BloodMage

Super593

Glowstone
Since bloodmage has been put in an odd position due to their apparently large nerf. I've decided to try to rework the class into a support that can still fight by itself.

BloodMage

Stat Progression:Remains the same as it currently is.

Skills

Level 1 Potion,Tumble,Scan,Siphonblood,Blood Union

Level 5:Infusion (Fine as it is)

Level 10:BloodBurst "You sever your blood union with your target.Dealing up to 13 dmg per blood union stack.Cannot be increased by INT.Removes all stacks of blood union

Mana:70

CD:12 seconds

Level 10:BloodBond "Fine as it is"

Level 15:Transfuse(Fine as it is)

Level 20:BloodLust:"The Bloodmage lends some of their blood to their target,empowering them"The Bloodmage takes sacrifices 15% of their current HP to increase their targets attack and magic damage by 25% for 30 seconds.Can be used on themselves.

Mana:170

Level 25:CombustBlood (Fine as it is)

CD:1 minute

Level 25:BloodBind"The Bloodmage sacrifices 15% of their current health to bind an enemy within 10 blocks in place for 4 seconds.Damage will automaticlly release the target. Adds 1 Stack to Blood Union

Mana:80

CD:20 seconds

Level 30:BloodWave "The Bloodmage sacrifices 25% of their current HP to distribute it in a wave of 10 blocks + 0.1 per wisdom point around them.Healing all party members for the amount sacrificed.Does not heal the Bloodmage.

Mana:200

CD:20 seconds

Basically an AOE HEAL

EX Player has 400.Uses BloodWave.Goes down 300.Party members around them gain 100+

Level 35:BloodGift (Fine as it is)

Level 40:ThickenBlood (Fine as it is)

Level 45:BoilBlood (Fine as it is)

Level 50:Steal Essences:You remove a positive buff from your target and transfer it to a nearby party member.

Mana:180

CD:25 seconds

Level 55:BloodRitual (Fine as it is)

Level 65:Awaken"Fine as it is"

Thoughts?Opinions?

Last edited:
Love it, except you still need CombustBlood so you can build up Blood Union, and hopefully the mana cost on BloodRitual can be lowered a bit. Also, it would be nice if infusion healed more as it's horrible.

Super593

Glowstone
Oh Damn I accidently forgot to put CombustBlood in.Will be doing that.

Isn't Infusion fine since we also have blood gift?It is just the basic heal.Though I do agree it could use a boost.

Blood Ritual seems to be a bit of a last resort heal.Though from recently looking at it I agree it could use a lower mana cost.Will think about it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I like most of the ideas.

Just a suggestion, but how about you make blood bind a little more unique. How about: "You are bound in blood. You can't break free until you take X amount of damage (or after a set amount of time, whatever comes first), where X is the amount of life sacrificed by the bloodmage."

Super593

Glowstone
I like lots of the ideas.

Just a suggestion, but how about you make blood bind a little more unique. How about: "You are bound in blood. You can't break free until you take X amount of damage (or after a set amount of time, whatever comes first), where X is the amount of life sacrificed by the bloodmage."

I love that idea.Nice to see this is being looked at.I'll see what I can come up with in terms of bloodbind.

Would any of these potentially be implemented?

Super593

Glowstone
This post is reserved for edits

EDIT 1:BloodBind Rework

The Bloodmage binds their target in their own blood.Sacrificing 10% of their HP to root the target.The target is rooted until they take damage equal to the amount of HP Sacrificed

EX:Bloodmage has 500 Enemy has 500

Bloodmage uses bloodbind on Enemy

Bloodmages HP becomes 450.Enemy is rooted until they have taken 50 damage.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly There are a lot of cool Ideas I have Mainly for support classes (Being a Bloodmage last map I have a lot fo cool ideas for it ;D)

Mabye to make Blood Bind More Supportive? Like A bloodbond with 1 person
One Of my Ideas for bloodbind
Bloodbind - You and your Target are Bound in blood and will split all damage taken so long as this effect is active (You will also get buffs from that target) It would help with bloodmage being more support, this skill would also work ;ike disciples balance but this skill would keep your and your (1) teammate at same hp the whole time, therefor if one of u dies you both die, but if one of u invulns you get invuln

Sorry Typed it all up with a 2 ideas then edited into one if it dosnt make sence

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
on test infusion and siphonblood are a bit better than on live - are those changes going in with the 1.7 update?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
only thing i dont like is bloodburst (lvl 10 skill) is basically bad once you get something else to use bloodunion on. That said, i think some of these skills are pretty cool, and bloodmage could use a couple more skills imo. Preferably ones that are party / support based, they do plenty of damage already. I would love to get one more skill that uses blood union in particular.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Here are a couple of other options / suggestions.

Modified bloodbind - use bloodunion to bind your target in place for 0.75s per bloodunion (maximum 3 seconds). Does NOT break on damage.I know sounds a bit strong but its basically web, not an actual stun (enemy can still use abilities / left click, just not move) and it uses bloodunion, which means you are choosing it over a 40% (MOL) health heal or a 200+ dmg aoe. Seems reasonable in those terms.

Blessing of blood - sacrifice 20% of your health to bestow an ally with the blessing of blood. Whenever you sacrifice health, that ally will be healed for 50% (or something scaling off int / wis) of the sacrificed amount. Cannot be cast on self. Lasts three minutes or until a new blessing is placed, can affect only one target at a time.

Super593

Glowstone
Hm.Alright

In terms of Support/Party skills I was thinking the following.

BloodSpout

Level 60

Description:The Bloodmage becomes a living embodiment of blood and sacrifice.Taking 8% of their current health every 5 seconds and healing the nearest party member for it.All heals are increased by 20% + 0.1 per wisdom point.In this form the Bloodmage may not use the following

SiphonBlood,Bloodburst,CombustBlood.BoilBlood,ThickenBlood.

Costs 80 Mana Initially and 40 mana every 5 seconds.

This basically gives the bloodmage an "Ultimate" like the other classes have that's meant for them and embodies what they do.Giving a lot more healing power at the cost of not using your BLOOD Union or Assault skills.

BloodBlessing

Level 10:Screw it it's replacing bloodburst

The Bloodmage sacrifices 20% of their currently health to bless an ally with their blood.Whenever the bloodmage takes damage from one of their skills.The target that was blood blessed will be healed for 50% of that skill +0.1 per wisdom point.The blessing lasts 3 minutes and can only affect 1 target at a time

Mana:130

CD:3 minutes

Super593

Glowstone
Honestly There are a lot of cool Ideas I have Mainly for support classes (Being a Bloodmage last map I have a lot fo cool ideas for it ;D)

Mabye to make Blood Bind More Supportive? Like A bloodbond with 1 person
One Of my Ideas for bloodbind
Bloodbind - You and your Target are Bound in blood and will split all damage taken so long as this effect is active (You will also get buffs from that target) It would help with bloodmage being more support, this skill would also work ;ike disciples balance but this skill would keep your and your (1) teammate at same hp the whole time, therefor if one of u dies you both die, but if one of u invulns you get invuln

Sorry Typed it all up with a 2 ideas then edited into one if it dosnt make sence

That sounds intresting but.BloodBind sounds more of a rooting type skill.

I think your skill would be called

BloodBound:You and your target are bound in blood and will split all damage taken so long as this effect is active."You also recieve any buffs that target recieves".Both you and your target will always have the same health.Until you die or the BloodBound is broken.

Here are a couple of other options / suggestions.

Modified bloodbind - use bloodunion to bind your target in place for 0.75s per bloodunion (maximum 3 seconds). Does NOT break on damage.I know sounds a bit strong but its basically web, not an actual stun (enemy can still use abilities / left click, just not move) and it uses bloodunion, which means you are choosing it over a 40% (MOL) health heal or a 200+ dmg aoe. Seems reasonable in those terms.

Blessing of blood - sacrifice 20% of your health to bestow an ally with the blessing of blood. Whenever you sacrifice health, that ally will be healed for 50% (or something scaling off int / wis) of the sacrificed amount. Cannot be cast on self. Lasts three minutes or until a new blessing is placed, can affect only one target at a time.

I like this version of Bloodbind as it allows balance of BloodUnion.

these look pretty nice tbh

Thank you.Its nice to see more people looking at this.

Only problem with using BloodSpout is that it leaves you as a sitting duck to get beat down. It wouldn't even be fun to use seeing how you would die super fast.

Edit: Iv'e always thought that the final skill should be something like an upgraded bloodbond. For example

Blood Field: The user sacrifices 25% of his health to create a Blood Field in a 12+0.1 per intellect point range. Healing/Damage increased 50% and 60% of magic damage is converted into health for you and nearby party members.
80 mana initially and 40 mana every second

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It's having the disciple problem. Is it a mage, a support, a healer? IDK. Bloodmage is supposed to be like:
  • Bloodmage (Ranged Dots / Support)
But it would be nice if @Kainzo clarified the role.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
It's having the disciple problem. Is it a mage, a support, a healer? IDK. Bloodmage is supposed to be like:
  • Bloodmage (Ranged Dots / Support)
But it would be nice if @Kainzo clarified the role.
That's sorta what I was thinking......... It seems like the damage is on the lower end atm and the heals are not to great either..... Same with disciple IMO

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think bloodmage will be pretty strong if the minor changes on test server go live (not necessarily op but in good shape). That said, I think it would be cool to have a few additional abilities just because the class feels like it has a few less than others to me, or at least not used as frequently (steal essence, while very strong in the right situation, has no use against many classes - same with awaken and even thickenblood to some degree). The class can be given additional abilities without really becoming a lot "stronger" due to the blood union mechanic. Basing new abilities on using blood union just gives them a more diverse repertoire, since boilblood and bloodritual are very strong already.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Now that I look at it, bloodmage has very little skills in general. It's not even the matter that certain skills are niche, it effectively only has 11 skills. It definitely could use a few more.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Now that I look at it, bloodmage has very little skills in general. It's not even the matter that certain skills are niche, it effectively only has 11 skills. It definitely could use a few more.
Imo 12 -15 is normal so yeah your right, honestly in the right scenario Stealessence and thickenblood can be a gamechanger but They usually are not so there isn't really even a reason to bind them :/